Disboutiquers Part 5 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
And one more thing:

LESLIE could you please turn the heat on so it's warm in Michigan when we get back??

Thanks! We appreciate it!!!

:rotfl2:

I laughed so hard at this that I started coughing!!! :rotfl2: So what does it mean when they lick your cheek and bite your earlobe? :lmao:

:rotfl: They're hungry? :confused3 Are your earlobes particulary tasty?

We had lots of fun with you Steph! Arminda was particuarly smitten with Jacob! :lovestruc and was very sad that we didn't see you the next day!
The outfit you made for Megan was absolutely adorable!!!

I SOOOOO want to tell you all about something that happened at Epcot the other day, but I am trying to save it for my trip report! But, I will tell you that Lydia DID get to meet Marie while she was wearing her Marie custom!!! It was MAGICAL!!! Lydia was SOOOOO excited!!!
Here are some pictures:
Marie admiring Lydia's dress:
th_DSCF3344.jpg
th_DSCF3348.jpg

My kids were sad too that we couldn't see you the next day. All of had so much fun with you guys!

I am so jealous you got to see Marie! How wonderful for Lydia!

Here are some pictures of the girls at Magic Kingdom
th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072183.jpg

I love this outfit! The colors, the fabric and the design.

I have been a busy bee! lol, here are a few of my recent creations :
Polka dot Hippo
th_hippo1.jpg

th_hippo3.jpg

Vintage Charm (And finally a picture of one of my other dd's lol)

th_galleryabby.jpg

th_abby5.jpg

th_multiabby.jpg

th_abby0001.jpg

th_abbers0000000.jpg

Not sure if I shared this one or not so i will share it again just in case ;)
th_sea5.jpg

and olivias Birthday dress:
th_cupcake03.jpg

th_cupcake06.jpg

th_cupcake00.jpg

th_BF2-1.jpg

th_BF6-1.jpg

Love them all! that birthday dress is cute and your older dd's outfit is great! You always do such great work!

Wow, I am almost afraid to post after all that wonderfulness! Beautiful dresses!

Here is what I made today. A friend sent me a picture (I think from :wizard: ) and asked if I could make it so I practiced on Megan first:

th_IMG_0496.jpg

I love that! that is something my older dd might lat me make for her!

oh my goodness I had a hard time loading this page today. hmmm my computer must be feeling crazy. anywhoo I finally finished a summer set!
th_IMG_4233.jpg

th_IMG_4225.jpg

th_IMG_4247.jpg

Lori

Very pretty and summery. Love the applique!

Mom finished the hem on outfit #3 last night:

th_minniedress.jpg

th_minniedress2.jpg

th_minniedress3.jpg

3 down, a few more to go.

Very pretty. Love the halter. I am thinking no halter for my minnie material as we will be there in Dec! Too bad, I had a great outfit planned out!

Seriously, how sweet are you!

OH my goodness!!! I am so glad that you are all ok!!! :hug:

Here are some pictures:
th_DSCF3344.jpg

Posing like Marie:
th_DSCF3348.jpg

Marie was really cute and sweet! I am SOOO happy we got to see her!

Love that you got to meet Marie and I LOVE that second pic with her posing like Maire! I hope we get to meet all these characters when we go. There are so many we have never met!

Miss. Cammie-If you notice in my previous post our new puppy is no longer named Rosie, but is now named Roxie. Why would I change her name you ask? Because someone on here said she has the eyes of a Doxie. After that statement was made noone could call her Rosie it kept coming out as Roxie the Doxie. So her official title is "Roxie the Doxie with Moxie" :lmao:

That is a WONDERFUL name for you baby with the Doxie eyes!! It's PERFECT!! Cuz if there is ONE thing that Doxie's have an over abundance of, it's MOXIE!:goodvibes

Hey, I read that when dogs lick your face they are acting out when they were puppies and their mommy would bring them something good to eat and spit it out for them. So when that nasty doxie licks your face after he licks the floor (or dirt!) he is saying he loves his mommy!
------------------------------------------------------------

We had a mild winter this year. We wore long sleeves with sweatshirts, but it can get cold in December, you just never know.

100_2129.jpg

You can see Yankees behind Megan in shorts and t-shirts, lol!

100_2118.jpg

100_2091.jpg

If that's true about doxies giving love with licks, then my baby is REALLY in love with me! He actually got a little aggressive last night with jay...who was leaning over to give me a kiss...BJ got to barking and actually did a teeny little pinch on Jay's hand. (we call it a PINCH and NOT a bite...:confused3 ) It was a little funny...:lovestruc

I LOVE Megan's minnie dot babydoll top. LOVE IT. I would wear that!

Your family is just darn beautiful!! I LOVE a man in a Mickey shirt...what a HUNK!

Definitely true about Yankees and Florida...even in December...if it gets above 60 Yanks will start getting nekkid! ;)

I laughed so hard at this that I started coughing!!! :rotfl2: So what does it mean when they lick your cheek and bite your earlobe? :lmao:

Oh yes, the biting of the earlobe...BJ does that too...he does it mostly to my step son whom he feels is FAR beneath him pack wise. It's pretty funny. He's forever reminding Teddy just who is BOSS!

I can't tell you how funny it is that anyone would be excited that someone met ME! :rotfl: But, I would love to meet you!

---------------------------------------------------------------
DSCF3344.jpg

Posing like Marie:
DSCF3348.jpg

You are FAMOUS amongst your fans here on the Dis!!! :worship: :lovestruc

That picture of your Lydia with Marie IN her Marie dress is just priceless. I love the dress and Lydia looks SO happy to be with Marie IN her Marie dress, holding her Marie stuffy...too too cute!

Her mama made sure she had a magical time. You made this such a special trip for your family!:goodvibes

have fun have fun in your remaining days!!!:cool1:

OH and I LOVE the casual Snow White look!!! I wore Snow White's "Day Wear" for the Pirate and Princess Party last summer! Everyone LOVED it!!!

this is my first attempt at sewing since high school (20+ years) - I made it a size larger because we aren't going to DW until next summer.
MVC-067S-1.jpg

I also made some slipcovers for our popup camper:

MVC-066S-1.jpg

MVC-064S-1.jpg

I have a few dollars left in my account and want to buy a ycmt pattern. Which one? These are the ones I am debating:

Carlac stripwork jummper
"" easy fit pants
" ruffled capris and pants
erin's designs ruffled halter tops
star bright desings adorbale cris cross top

which one???? I love them all!

th_MVC-064S-1.jpg

These are so great! what a creative idea! I'm so glad you dusted your machine off. Prepare to be addicted!

Oh and Stephres... those Yankees in the picture... that's us...;) Just kidding! No but really, that's exactly how we are every time we go. All you Southerners are in sweatshirts, and we are loving the sunshine in tank tops and shorts:lmao:

Haven't had much time to post lately but I had to vent to someone who would understand. My mother in law called dh at work yesterday. Guess where she called from????? SOARIN!!!!!! They decided to take a spur of the moment trip and thought Disney would be fun. What on earth were they thinking not taking us with them?!?!?!??!?! I'm so totally green with envy I can hardly stand it.

th_DSCF3344.jpg

Posing like Marie:
th_DSCF3348.jpg
How wonderful for you! A magical moment!
I have a few dollars left in my account and want to buy a ycmt pattern. Which one? These are the ones I am debating:

Carlac stripwork jummper
"" easy fit pants

I really like the easy fit pants and the strip work jumper. I use both pattens quite a bit.

Lori, did you get that big cherry print at JoAnn's too? I got the smaller print but don't remember seeing the bigger one and now I want it!!!!!!!!!!!!

yep that is where I got it. It is adorable and I wish I bought more. I got it before xmas I believe

I SOOOOO want to tell you all about something that happened at Epcot the other day, but I am trying to save it for my trip report! But, I will tell you that Lydia DID get to meet Marie while she was wearing her Marie custom!!! It was MAGICAL!!! Lydia was SOOOOO excited!!!
Here are some pictures:
th_DSCF3344.jpg

Posing like Marie:
th_DSCF3348.jpg

That is amazing that maria was out!!!! oh my goodness, I was estatic when I saw these pictures. I can jsut imagine how you were meeting her.
Lori

this is my first attempt at sewing since high school (20+ years) - I made it a size larger because we aren't going to DW until next summer.
th_MVC-067S-1.jpg

th_MVC-066S-1.jpg

Oh my goodness that looks like a job!!!!Congrats both look great. But I think the Pop-up project is the first ever posted on the board! Love it

Carlac stripwork jummper
"" easy fit pants

The stripwork jumper is so versatile and can be changed around a lot. I would go with that.

MVC-067S-1.jpg

MVC-066S-1.jpg

MVC-064S-1.jpg
You did a great job!! I love the slip covers.

Haven't had much time to post lately but I had to vent to someone who would understand. My mother in law called dh at work yesterday. Guess where she called from????? SOARIN!!!!!! They decided to take a spur of the moment trip and thought Disney would be fun. What on earth were they thinking not taking us with them?!?!?!??!?! I'm so totally green with envy I can hardly stand it.
Well that wasn't very nice of them was it?

Carlac stripwork jummper
"" easy fit pants

I think that the Stripwork Jumper would be a good one. You could always use the bodice and sew on a plain skirt with it.

MVC-067S-1.jpg

MVC-066S-1.jpg

MVC-064S-1.jpg

Super cute!!! WoW!!! Awesome job!! Oh my gosh, I LOVE Pop up campers!! We had one when I was little...I remember the smell...and getting soaked one night when it POURED...now THAT is fun! the Cars slip covers are so darling!!! Are y'all gong to be at Fort Wilderness next summer or do the resort thing?

You give me hope for myself...once I get over my massive fear of failure I'm going to sew something too...

seriously...I am.

I am.

*ahem*
-----------------------------------------------------------------
TINKA BELLE!!!

YOu are going to Disney in THREE DAYS!!!!:cool1:

yay for you!!!

I'm almost out of the 3 month mark!:lmao:

TINKA BELLE!!!

YOu are going to Disney in THREE DAYS!!!!:cool1:

yay for you!!!

I'm almost out of the 3 month mark!:lmao:
I know I saw your 3 months and I got excited for you and then I saw my three days and I think my heart skipped a beat. I have too much to do and noone to help me with it all.

Okay seriously though...

I have an actual sewing question...

So when one is attempting to sew ruffles on capris or shorts...do you have to open the seam of the capris or shorts to do this? I hope no one is laughing at how non mechanical I am...but I am dope and a half when it comes to this. Seriously y'all do NOT want to know how badly I did on the math portion of my SAT's...like brain dead bad...like my guidance counselor asked if I got up and LEFT mid test bad...

on the plus side I scored an 800 on the Verbal side...go figure...my education was slightly uneven.

must have been the uniforms...

wait...what was I talking about?

OH YES...capris and shorts with ruffles!!!

Sally has a pair of Bermuda-ish jean shorts she wants cut a bit shorter and some jeans that fit her fine but are too short.

I want to add some ruffles to her little life.

but if it is going to require a seam ripper and/or math of any kind...

poor Sally doesn't get any ruffles.

:goodvibes

thanks!!!!

yep that is where I got it. It is adorable and I wish I bought more. I got it before xmas I believe

Now I will have to be on a cherry hunt!!

Here are some pictures:
DSCF3344.jpg

Posing like Marie:
DSCF3348.jpg

So glad that y'all got to meet Marie when she had on her dress!

MVC-067S-1.jpg

MVC-066S-1.jpg

MVC-064S-1.jpg

Both are great!!! Good job!

I would be green with envy too and probably a little upset!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter