Disboutiquers Part 5 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been a busy bee! lol, here are a few of my recent creations :
Polka dot Hippo
hippo1.jpg

Vintage Charm (And finally a picture of one of my other dd's lol)

galleryabby.jpg

abby5.jpg

Not sure if I shared this one or not so i will share it again just in case ;)
sea5.jpg

and olivias Birthday dress:
cupcake03.jpg

BF2-1.jpg

BF6-1.jpg

Wow adorable outfits and such gorgeous fabrics.
Also, you take beautiful pictures. What kind of camera are you using?

Wow, I am almost afraid to post after all that wonderfulness! Beautiful dresses!

Here is what I made today. A friend sent me a picture (I think from :wizard: ) and asked if I could make it so I practiced on Megan first:

IMG_0496.jpg

She got lots of compliments tonight (it was achievement night at school) from the moms. DH thinks it it ridiculous, what do men know about fashion? :mad:

Elisa, I picked up that diamond rosebud fabric several times but thought if I was going to copy you, I shouldn't copy exactly so I put it back. I did find something suitable to copy your cute halter tops, so don't fear, you will be CASEd! :rotfl:
That outfit is so cute. But Megan doesn't look as happy as she usually does! What's up?

Scrappy where are you? Sophie was licking dirt tonight. How weird is that? Have you ever seen Scrappy do that? Maybe it is a Doxie thing?

oh my goodness I had a hard time loading this page today. hmmm my computer must be feeling crazy. anywhoo I finally finished a summer set!
IMG_4233.jpg

IMG_4225.jpg

IMG_4247.jpg

and a silly pic
IMG_4243.jpg

Lori

That outfit is so cute. But Megan doesn't look as happy as she usually does! What's up?

Scrappy where are you? Sophie was licking dirt tonight. How weird is that? Have you ever seen Scrappy do that? Maybe it is a Doxie thing?

I had interrupted an important episode of Phineas and Ferb so she was a little impatient.

Poor Sophie! We had a beagle who licked the floor. The floor could be brand spanking clean and she would lick it, it drove me wild! I haven't had any problem with dirt though. Maybe she's hungry, poor dear.

Wow adorable outfits and such gorgeous fabrics.
Also, you take beautiful pictures. What kind of camera are you using?

Thank you! I have a Canon EOS 40D and it was the BEST money I ever spent! i love the pictures I am able to capture and it picks up every little detail! It is a great camera for someone looking into a digitial SLR camera but it is expensive at $1,500 Plus tax, memory card, warrenty lol, and it all adds up fast! I still do not know all the ins and outs of the camera yet but I can not wait to learn it all!

Thanks again! I am really into the Baby lulu Knits right now! lol, Cant wait for the ones I just ordered to arrive!

I'm so excited, DH cleared the ok to book hotel at Disneyland, the week of Christmas!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: Woo Hoo!!!! :woohoo: So we're confirmed & finalizing flights. Yes!!!!

What a ray of sunshine on this otherwise bleak week & 1/2!!!! I've had both ds' home sick with a stomach virus. Blah! House bound & cranky Mommy = bad, very bad....need I say more?? ;) Now I can look forward to planning the next 7 months away!:goodvibes

Need some Disboutique help here, especially from those that frequent the "Land" more than the "World" (such as myself). Or any that have been in So. Cali at Christmas. What should I be thinking for wardrobe?:confused3 I'm thinking it could potentially be cold, cold & don't want tons of work to be hidden under coats? I'm thinking right now of making matching family fleece vests or decoupage jean jackets? :idea: Then also make Dis pjs for Christmas Eve. Boring.....:rolleyes:

Woohoo! Congratulations!

Haven't been there in years during the holidays, but used to spend a lot of time there when I lived in southern California.

It can be quite warm during the day, but nights and mornings always--almost always!--are cold. Sometimes they days, as well. Sometimes the days warm up after the haze burns off, sometimes they don't. Daytime temps can range from 40s (usually more in the 50s, but, like WDW, if the jet stream dips south...) to the low 90s. You just never know what to expect. :confused3

Plan on layers with plenty of warmth. Don't foget the gloves/mittens and knit caps! And be sure to pack the swimsuits and one or two pairs of shorts--just in case! :)

I had interrupted an important episode of Phineas and Ferb so she was a little impatient.

Poor Sophie! We had a beagle who licked the floor. The floor could be brand spanking clean and she would lick it, it drove me wild! I haven't had any problem with dirt though. Maybe she's hungry, poor dear.

Okay...since I sat thru two shows while I read my pattern (BTW thanks for the info, I think I can do it!) I can give her the low down on how Agent P saved the day...:rotfl2:

I'm so excited, DH cleared the ok to book hotel at Disneyland, the week of Christmas!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: Woo Hoo!!!! :woohoo: So we're confirmed & finalizing flights. Yes!!!!
Need some Disboutique help here, especially from those that frequent the "Land" more than the "World" (such as myself). Or any that have been in So. Cali at Christmas. What should I be thinking for wardrobe?:confused3 I'm thinking it could potentially be cold, cold & don't want tons of work to be hidden under coats? I'm thinking right now of making matching family fleece vests or decoupage jean jackets? :idea: Then also make Dis pjs for Christmas Eve. Boring.....:rolleyes:

I am soooo excited for you. we were there this past xmas time thru new years eve. we are DL regulars! we are only 5 hours away. yes it is super cold at night.. You will need jackets and jeans. during the day we had long sleeve shirts and leggings under skirts.
Here is during the day
DisneyPhotoImage12.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

at night we bundled with scarves and everything. it was colder than we thought it would be, but I came prepared anyways.
IMG_0285.jpg

Lori

I would LOVe to see some pictures from December in Disney World! We will be there the 1st through the 8th and I need to know what sort of clothes I need to make for the girls!

Thanks to anyone who can help me out or anyone who lives near orlando who can tell me what the weather is like in December! TIA! Candice:lovestruc

IMG_1642.jpg

IMG_1643.jpg

Please ignore the yucky carpet. I hate this apartment and hope to be out next year.

Lastly- I tried to semi-CASE LisaZoe (if that is even possible!!) and used 2cutekids idea with the pillowcase. here are the results-
IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

Can you tell me what measurements you used on the patchwork pieces of your skirts? I love them both and would love to make DD one before we leave in a few weeks.

Thanks in advance!

What a ray of sunshine on this otherwise bleak week & 1/2!!!! I've had both ds' home sick with a stomach virus. Blah! House bound & cranky Mommy = bad, very bad....need I say more?? ;) Now I can look forward to planning the next 7 months away!:goodvibes

That is awesome! I would suggest the Olivia Pattern by Farbenmix. The under dress can be made from Fleece which will be warm and it can also be made into a shirt out of fleece! it even has an attached hood! lol, Can you tell it i my favorite Pattern???

Wow, I am almost afraid to post after all that wonderfulness! Beautiful dresses!

Here is what I made today. A friend sent me a picture (I think from :wizard: ) and asked if I could make it so I practiced on Megan first:

IMG_0496.jpg

She got lots of compliments tonight (it was achievement night at school) from the moms. DH thinks it it ridiculous, what do men know about fashion? :mad:

Elisa, I picked up that diamond rosebud fabric several times but thought if I was going to copy you, I shouldn't copy exactly so I put it back. I did find something suitable to copy your cute halter tops, so don't fear, you will be CASEd! :rotfl:

Oh..please run back to the store and buy it..I insist...:rotfl: I love that fabric..

IMG_0496.jpg

LOVE THAT!!! You are right...men know little about fashion!!

Beau-Jack licks the floor obsessively...he also licks the couch...which INFURIATES me b/c he leaves HUGE wet spots...he also licks his food bowl long after the food is gone until I take his bowl away.

My doxie definitely can't hold his LICKER!!!:rotfl2: :lmao: ;)

oh my goodness I had a hard time loading this page today. hmmm my computer must be feeling crazy. anywhoo I finally finished a summer set!
IMG_4233.jpg

IMG_4225.jpg

IMG_4247.jpg

and a silly pic
IMG_4243.jpg

Lori

SUPER cute and summery!! LOVE IT!!!

Mom finished the hem on outfit #3 last night:

minniedress.jpg

minniedress2.jpg

minniedress3.jpg

3 down, a few more to go.

ADORABLE!!! Your DD looks excited to be modeling!:goodvibes

These are both really cute. So is the one with your other DD. I just got Delete happy and accidentally deleted her. Jenna says that your two DD's are pretty and "Sweet". :lmao:

IMG_0496.jpg

That turned out really cute. Husbands don't know anything about anything except opening jars and killing spiders. I don't even bother asking mine anything.
I think that licking dirt and eating grass is a dog thing. Both Tinker and Roxie do it. Roxie has a problem keeping her tongue to herself.

That is really cute. Jenna is into fruit printed clothes right now. I have an Apple, Watermelon, Strawberry and Cherry outfit that I will be doing for her when we get back from our trip.

Mom finished the hem on outfit #3 last night:

minniedress.jpg
That is too cute. I love the Minnie Dot outfits.

Miss. Cammie-If you notice in my previous post our new puppy is no longer named Rosie, but is now named Roxie. Why would I change her name you ask? Because someone on here said she has the eyes of a Doxie. After that statement was made noone could call her Rosie it kept coming out as Roxie the Doxie. So her official title is "Roxie the Doxie with Moxie" :lmao:

Okay...since I sat thru two shows while I read my pattern (BTW thanks for the info, I think I can do it!) I can give her the low down on how Agent P saved the day...:rotfl2:

:rotfl: What a surprise to hear that Agent P saved the day! Good luck, you can do it!

Absolutely cute! I love it.

Oh..please run back to the store and buy it..I insist...:rotfl: I love that fabric..

Oh believe me, I really wanted it!

LOVE THAT!!! You are right...men know little about fashion!!

Beau-Jack licks the floor obsessively...he also licks the couch...which INFURIATES me b/c he leaves HUGE wet spots...he also licks his food bowl long after the food is gone until I take his bowl away.

My doxie definitely can't hold his LICKER!!!:rotfl2: :lmao: ;)

Hey, I read that when dogs lick your face they are acting out when they were puppies and their mommy would bring them something good to eat and spit it out for them. So when that nasty doxie licks your face after he licks the floor (or dirt!) he is saying he loves his mommy!

That turned out really cute. Husbands don't know anything about anything except opening jars and killing spiders. I don't even bother asking mine anything.

Ain't that the truth! :rotfl:

We had a mild winter this year. We wore long sleeves with sweatshirts, but it can get cold in December, you just never know.

100_2129.jpg

You can see Yankees behind Megan in shorts and t-shirts, lol!

100_2118.jpg

100_2091.jpg

Hey, I read that when dogs lick your face they are acting out when they were puppies and their mommy would bring them something good to eat and spit it out for them. So when that nasty doxie licks your face after he licks the floor (or dirt!) he is saying he loves his mommy!
I laughed so hard at this that I started coughing!!! :rotfl2: So what does it mean when they lick your cheek and bite your earlobe? :lmao:

IMG_4233.jpg

IMG_4225.jpg

IMG_4247.jpg

and a silly pic
IMG_4243.jpg

Lori

Lori, did you get that big cherry print at JoAnn's too? I got the smaller print but don't remember seeing the bigger one and now I want it!!!!!!!!!!!!

TJ!!!!! We miss you!!!! I lit a candle today at Mass and the priest said "Is that for the Disney family?" Yes Father Donaghan it IS!

hope y'all are having fun!!!!
Seriously, how sweet are you!

OH and PS...guess what happened to us tonight...

about 1am...we're all snoozing...Sally and Teddy and sleeping away...Jay is OUT...suddenly I sit up in bed with my little bunny rabbit sniffle nose going b/c I can smell SMOKE! And it's hurting my lungs and making me cough!

So I jump out of bed and check on the kids, both sound asleep...but the smoke smell is so strong...but the alarms aren't going off.

I have to SHAKE Jay to wake him up.

We check all over, can't find the source but it's strong. So we called the Fire Department...non emergency number of course...not 911.

They tell us to get everyone OUT. So we wake up the munchkins and put them in Jays SUV...along with the dog.

A police officer arrives, walks in and says "It smells like a CANDLE...do you have a CANDLE burning..."

I wanted to slap him. Seriously. Do you honestly think we wouldn't have y'know...figured that one out for ourselves?

AND I have strep throat AND a fever so I'm NOT very patient right now.

Police officer tells us that the fire chief will be along shortly...

Next thing you know FIVE fire trucks pull up in front of our house...lights going, sirens screaming...about 30 fire fighters ...no joke...all suited up HEAD TO TOE come streaming OUT of the trucks.

I'm a little freaked out...cuz the smoke is thick in the house.

Turns out our dishwasher caught ON FIRE and was burning the bottom of the counter. But it was a weensy fire.

good GRACIOUS.

the thirty young firefighters who were SO amped to put out some fire and save some damsels in distress were pretty bummed.

So NOW...we have to buy a new dishwasher.

Our neighbors hate us.

Sally can't fall asleep.

and the smoke made my throat hurt worse AND I'm having a wheezy asthma attack and had to use my wheezer IN FRONT of people which I HATE to do.

not a good night for the Campbellscots.

:headache:

okay...it's 2:15 am...must try and sleep.

night loveys!!!:goodvibes
OH my goodness!!! I am so glad that you are all ok!!! :hug:
Hello friends! We are back from out meet with Heather and Teresa and I am exhausted. Here is a mini trip report:

The invitation went out: meet for the campfire. I had to make a campfire outfit. But what? I remembered that Morgan had the perfect bandanna fabric peasant top so I CASEd it, hoping she might be there:

Ith_MG_0458.jpg

We got to Wilderness Lodge and met the sisters for lunch. Of course they are just as gorgeous as they are on the computer. And three dimensional too!

The girls were shy at first but quickly warmed up. They gave the kids stick horses at the cafe:

th_IMG_0473.jpg

Then we ate and decided to go to the Magic Kingdom. We waited for a bus. And waited. And waited.

IMG_0479.jpg

Jacob is making a face at Arminda, who just got up from the bench and ran off. I don't know why she didn't want me to take her picture sitting next to a boy! :rotfl:

The girls made their own campfire because we were thinking of blowing off the real one at this point and just staying at MK.

th_IMG_0478.jpg

Finally, the bus came and we were off. The girls had so much fun together and Jacob enjoyed showing off for Arminda. When we got up the next day, Megan told me it was Tessa's turn to sit by her first and was quite upset when I told her we weren't meeting them. I hope we can do it again!

Sorry I didn't take more pictures. We were having so much fun I forgot. Heather and Teresa's dad took a bunch and hopefully they can figure out how to get them off the camera! ;)

Miss Cammie! I am so glad you all are safe. Good thing for your extra sensitive nose! I hope you can get the smoke smell out of the house.
We had lots of fun with you Steph! Arminda was particuarly smitten with Jacob! :lovestruc and was very sad that we didn't see you the next day!
The outfit you made for Megan was absolutely adorable!!!
how fun that you got to meet THE Diser sisters!!! WooHOO!!!!

man I want to live that close to Disney! Can we be neighbors?
I can't tell you how funny it is that anyone would be excited that someone met ME! :rotfl: But, I would love to meet you!

Heather and Teresa I hope you have all had a fantastic holiday - can't wait for the trip report (I haven't missed it have I??)
We are still here, we come home on Saturday. :sad2:

OK so when do the sisters return from Disney????? :confused3 Not that I want to rush their vacay but I do remember something it going on for 10 - 14 days or something. Does anyone know their return date???
Yes, I do. Satuday, May 17.

I met one of the sister's yesterday!!!!

Got a quick chance to meet Heather, Tessa, (a sleeping Sawyer) and her DH... we were walking around MGM (DHS now) and I saw the Bell Dress that Heather had made from the Pooh Toille - and had to stop her! We were on our way from Light's Motors Action to the New Toy Story ride (it was in passholder preview yesterday)! She was super sweet and she's got the pictures to prove it!

Kristina
I can't even begin to tell you how jealous I was when she told me that she met you!

I did meet a non disboutique diser today though, I believe her username was LovesDisney. She was very sweet!

We have been so busy.

Jord met the "Sisters" the other day. The kids all had fun playing together. I even got a picture of Jord and Cory. :goodvibes

My dear sweetie bought me a new sewing machine for Mothers Day (and a box set of I Love Lucy :lovestruc ). So I have been trying to rearrange my sewing area. SO far I have found 3 rubbermaid tubs of fabric LOL.

We also went to the preview of the Simpsons ride at Universal. We tried to ride Toy Story Mania and it kept breaking down. But Morgan looked cute in her Potato head outfit LOL.
Aww how nice of him to buy you a new sewing machine!!!
We were all very smitten with Jord and Morgan!!! What sweet hearts!!!:love:

LOVE the pictures! I swear, nothing makes me happier than seeing people's pictures from Disneyworld! (unless they are pictures I took at Disneyworld because I got to be there!) How fun you got to see the SISTAS!! LUCKY!
Again, I laugh! I am the biggest dork you will ever meet! You should have seen me at the parks today! I went as casual Snow White! :rotfl2:
Oh thanks Steph! Yikes, 10 days of school??? :teacher: Gee I hope they can catch up. popcorn:: [/COLOR][/SIZE]
Don't worry. Corey usually gets straight As. We spoke to all of his teachers before we left, and they all had absolutely no concerns about him catching up when we get back. He brought his books with us to and has been doing some homework here too. Arminda doesn't get letter grades, but she is ahead in most everything, so don't worry about her either. And, my baby Lydia isn't in school yet.

I SOOOOO want to tell you all about something that happened at Epcot the other day, but I am trying to save it for my trip report! But, I will tell you that Lydia DID get to meet Marie while she was wearing her Marie custom!!! It was MAGICAL!!! Lydia was SOOOOO excited!!!
Here are some pictures:
Marie admiring Lydia's dress:
DSCF3344.jpg

Posing like Marie:
DSCF3348.jpg

Marie was really cute and sweet! I am SOOO happy we got to see her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter