Disboutiquers part 3 (Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
th_IMG_4482t.jpg

th_IMG_4487t.jpg
th_IMG_4498t.jpg
[/QUOTE
The ohana dress is darling! But, that Sleeping Beauty dress is- WOW!!!!!! I feel like I'll never be a "real" seamstress until I conquer my fear of that dress! :rotfl:
Your kids are both just gorgeous!

How cute is this!? It's adorable! I love "The Devon", too! :rotfl:

I have to call about her Medicare for her today, to see what they will cover.
th_5-4-04BarbaraandTessa-1.jpg
Thank you for checking into Medicare for her! :hug: I was going to post a picture of Barbara, too. I was looking for that one of the three of us at the reunion a few years back. Thanks for posting this one! I can't believe how little Tessa was the last time we all went to WDW.

I hope it's ok to join in with all of you. I've been lurking the last couple days and I'm so impressed with all the sewing! Everything is so adorable. I'm more of a lurker but I just wanted to say how I wish I could sew like all of you.

I love the Aurora dress, I love the peter pan applique, I love the barbie dress, I could go on and on. I've spent the last couple days trying to read (skim) the past threads and have gotten so many tips and tricks. I had never even heard of YCMT before this. I love it! Thank you!

I bought Carla's twirl skirt pattern (I think?) the other day and picked out pink and blue fabric to go with a disney princess fabric from JoAnn's. I've got the strips cut out and "just" need to sew it together. We'll see how that goes...
:welcome:!!!! We can't wait to see your first twirl skirt! I have a feeling you'll be hooked after this!

Who prewashes fabric?
Sometimes I do and sometimes I dont, so far I havent really found it to make a big difference......
I prewash fabric every time. I do it basically to see how the fabric washes, not so it will shrink. I don't want to make an outfit out of something if it bleeds or fades really bad in the wash. I didn't do this at first and I made a really cute outfit for Tessa (if anyone remembers the patchwork jeans with the poodle on them and the matching shirt) and the black dot fabric got all streaky and awful looking after I washed it. I was NOT pleased!

So cute! You have the most creative ideas! Love the pictures of Tessa! Especially the one for Luke! I showed him and he acted silly and laughed. He finally got his hair cut (wait, don't worry, I meant trimmed) today and is looking very handsome (in his pluto hockey jersey even).
Phew!! I was worried that you had chopped off that gorgeous head of hair of his!! I bet he looks very debonair with his new trim!
IF YOU HAVEN'T FOUND IT ALREADY, HERE'S THE LINK TO OUR NEXT THREAD (THIS ONE GOT TOO LONG):
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1769919

you caught me!!! I enjoyed doingthe applique during a quiet down time yesterday!
Super cute fabric huh!! Walmart!!!!!! let me know if you want me to pic some up for ya!! I can always go fabric shopping!

Hey, eeyore! Where do you live in the Valley of the Sun? I'm in NE Phoenix/North Scottsdale. And which WalMart????

The Airpark WalMart discontinued fabric over a year ago. The one at Tatum & Bell has an occasional--very poor--selection. I think it's going to disappear soon. The new store at Cactus & Tatum doesn't seem to have much in crafts at all. :confused3

I'm just beginning to get back into children's clothing--the next generation is beginning to co-operate and produce little ones. Finally! :)

so do you wash by hand or machine?
when I did my last quilt I did it all by hand and then hung to dry- try to imagine 26 1/4yards dangling from every nook and cranny of a house....

but when I have machine washed I dont always like how it frays the edges, gets knotted, and twists and then requires pressing before cutting....

machine wash or hand wash?

I machine wash and dry. It does get knotted and twisted though.

I finished Tessa's Minnie Dot jumper today and one for her Build-A-Bear. This is the Simply Sweet Jumper from YCMT. I doubled the width of the fabric for the skirt so it would be fuller. I made the Minnie head with a "faux serged" ruffle that I sewed on in a spiral pattern.

th_3-28-08minniedotdress.jpg
th_3-28-08minniedotback-1.jpg

th_3-28-08minnietwirl.jpg
th_3-28-08Mickeyclose.jpg

3-28-08Minniedotonbunny.jpg

This is for Luke :lovestruc
th_3-28-08Lukesheart.jpg

I love Tessa's new dress. Looks like she does too. It looks good on bunny too. :lmao:

I'm trying to make myself go finish a Cinderella topsy-turvy doll for my niece's birthday party tomorrow. I was going along really well & now I've lost all my motivation. ggrrrr

I found fusible fleece by the interfacing by the cutting table at JoAnn's. What I can't find is tracing paper at either JoAnn's or WalMart. At JoAnn's they have never heard of it and good luck trying to find someone to ask at WalMart. I am trying to decide if it worth it to drive into Tampa and look at Hancocks.

Happy Easter everyone! :grouphug:

If you haven't already found tracing paper for patterns, google Nancy's Notions. I've shopped through their catalog for nearly 30 years.

It's basically examining table paper--what they use at the doctor's office.

Also, you can try the office supply store in the drafting supplies section. I'm not sure if they carry it any more, since computers are used more for drafting than paper these days. It's usually is more expensive than ordering it through Nancy's Notions.

Clotilde is another company that specialized in sewing notions. They also may carry it.

I draft my own adult patterns and use the tracing paper for that. Once I've refined a pattern, I transfer it onto a non-woven fabric (lightweight non-woven interfacing or something similar).

Oh gosh...I've heard that before!!! Just before Christmas this year my step daughter was attempting to put on a dress that her mother had sent for her to wear to a Christmas party later that evening. It was her Christmas dress from last year that had been extremely pricey...when we finally wrestled her into it, the arms were nearly to her elbows and the buttons barely buttoned up the front! She took one look in the mirror and said "I look RIDICULOUS! If I wear this in public I'll be HUMILIATED!":rotfl2: Wow...big words for an 8 year old!

I love the dress on your DD though! It's a lovely color!!

I think this is the last year my step daughter will wear what I put out without question. She's very into fashion lately and has started developing OPINIONS!:scared1: ;)

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!:goodvibes

Miss Cammie will have to have Sally Rally help pre-package her daily outfits for WDW this year! *LOL*

Who prewashes fabric?
Sometimes I do and sometimes I dont, so far I havent really found it to make a big difference......

It depends on the fabrics, sometimes, if combining fabrics I wash them together to make sure they don't bleed on each other before making them into a garment.

I finished Tessa's Minnie Dot jumper today and one for her Build-A-Bear. This is the Simply Sweet Jumper from YCMT. I doubled the width of the fabric for the skirt so it would be fuller. I made the Minnie head with a "faux serged" ruffle that I sewed on in a spiral pattern.

3-28-08minniedotdress.jpg
3-28-08minniedotback-1.jpg

3-28-08minnietwirl.jpg
3-28-08Mickeyclose.jpg

3-28-08Lukesheart.jpg

Very sweet :)

3-28-08minniedotdress.jpg
3-28-08minniedotback-1.jpg

3-28-08minnietwirl.jpg
3-28-08Mickeyclose.jpg

3-28-08Lukesheart.jpg
I love that dress. I keep trying to talk DD into getting that bunny everytime we go to BAB but she says no. This last trip yesterday she got the new bear that is Pink with White hearts on it and a Cinderella dress for it too. She also picked out a bear for her two cousins that had birthdays this past week. The ladies at the register kept saying "Wow, Jenna you get three bears." :rotfl:

Help!!

I'm looking for a really easy and simple cupcake pattern to applique. I'm rubbish at drawing and my efforts are pretty pants!! I'm sure I've seen one on here somewhere but can't find it!!!

Thanks - Clare

I can't draw worth a flip either, so I use pictures from coloring books and I just got an adorable ladybug off my clip art from Word. I also got some really cute letters from clip art for an applique'ed pillowslip.

when I did my last quilt I did it all by hand and then hung to dry- try to imagine 26 1/4yards dangling from every nook and cranny of a house....

but when I have machine washed I dont always like how it frays the edges, gets knotted, and twists and then requires pressing before cutting....

I wash and dry the way the finished product will be treated. I also pre-wash. Esp. when mixing fabrics...types and colors. You just never know which one will shrink and ruin everything.

Just wondering if there's a record for the number of needles someone's broken in a single project - I'm up to 2 right now. I just want to know what I'm shooting for!

At least a dozen. I quit counting after that!

After that, I actually learned about sewing machine needles! *LOL*

Pretreat fabric in the manner you will treat the garment. If you're going to machine wash/dry the garments, do the same before sewing.

I rarely have issues if I don't prewash/pretreat fabric, but the few times I did have issues, I really regretted the amount of time spent on the garment. :)

We aren't allowed to have clothelines where I live, so handing 26-1/4 yards of fabric anywhere totally boggles my mind! *LOL*

I am making a tulle tutu for a six year old anyone have a suggestion on long it should be. She wears a six 6-7 she is tall and skinny. I was thinking about having it like 20 inches (which means I would cut them 40 inches) Not sure any suggestions??

We were out ALL day today with my grammy- again! :goodvibes We went to JoAnns for .99 simplicity patterns, then to Mill end textiles (it was my first time in there)- Yikes, I told my ds this is a dangerous store then he looked at me and said why is this a dangerous store? with a kinda of scared look on his face. I said because there are so many nice fabrics and I could spend to much money in here. :lmao: OHHHHH he said not so worried anymore. Then to hancocks as my grammy was looking for specific fabric we had not yet found- Nothing so I said lets check walmart on the way home and sure enough they it. Then back to her house, washed and dried the fabric then cut out 2 shirts, 1 shorts and a romper/jon jon. Then we had to clean up and head home so I could get to work. I am "sleeping" overnight at a group home. When I was getting ready to leave dd said No bye bye mommy- ahhhh the guilt. I get done before they wake up, but still some night when I go to work they like to lay it on thick with the guilt.
I brought the tutu supplies with me so I can get those done tonight. I like having these overnights sometimes it is the only quite mommy time I get:rotfl2: Hope everyone had a good friday. It was about 50 degrees here today!!! but more rain/snow is headed our way on monday:confused3 When will it end!!!

Adi12982- LOVE the peasant underdress!!! What size are those? Can we see a pic with a model?

I did them in a size 1/2 . . . the model is a baby from church (DH and I don't have babies YET, our plan is to start trying at the end of this year. . . we want to get my 5 year free and clear from cancer, and get moved back to FL, etc etc). Anyhow, she is still too tiny for the things I made her, hopefully her mom will take a picture of her wearing them, she is a cutie. I made a couple other dresses for babies at church too. I love this thread and it got me inspired. . .plus I can practice for my future kiddies, however God brings them into our life.

The peasant under dresses were amazingly easy!! The second one I made I did in less than 45 minutes (including cutting fabric) even my DH was like, "you just made that? with the fabric you were just cutting? WOW!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!