DISappearing PEEPS Volume 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this Saturday I am having an all girls pool party at my mom's house in staten island for all the girlfriends/wives of all the boyfriends/husbands that are going to be in las vegas for the weekend. I am really looking forward to it! I will try and take some pics!

Sounds like a great weekend for you!

Well I decided to take a picture of my hair! Strangely, the photo makes it look like a birds nest! It really wont look like this on my wedding day! :rotfl2: Normally, my hair is long and poker straight, so I went with curls to give it a bit of 'oomph!'

Kelly023.jpg

Hi everyone! I just wanted to post that I won't be posting a weight loss/gain this week. We're leaving at 6 am for the Smoky Mountains. No kids! :thumbsup2 I'm so excited. :goodvibes Good luck with weigh-in this week. Later! :wave2:

BTW: We may be going to Disney in December with several family members! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

if you're going to gatlinburg, eat at calhoun's! it's so good. we miss that place so much. they only have them in tennessee so we eat there every time we go up there to see my family. that's where our first date was (the one in nashville, not the one in gatlinburg!) have fun!

Sorry, what is Keven Trudeau's plan? A diet plan that involves daily shots? I'd rather be fat :rotfl:

Me too

Peeps! I got another job interview for this Friday at a facility in West Palm Beach! I'm much more excited about this one...send tons of Pixie Dust my way. I'm super nervous. My last internship that I had really bruised my confidence and I need a boost to realize that I do know what I'm doing.

Pixie dust coming your way

Hi everyone! I just wanted to post that I won't be posting a weight loss/gain this week. We're leaving at 6 am for the Smoky Mountains. No kids! :thumbsup2 I'm so excited. :goodvibes Good luck with weigh-in this week. Later! :wave2:

BTW: We may be going to Disney in December with several family members! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Have fun, fingers crossed about Disney

Well I decided to take a picture of my hair! Strangely, the photo makes it look like a birds nest! It really wont look like this on my wedding day! :rotfl2: Normally, my hair is long and poker straight, so I went with curls to give it a bit of 'oomph!'

Kelly023.jpg

I think it looks cute.

Hi peeps. Well I'm going to have a nice number for Friday (I weigh in on Tuesday with WW) not as much I as I thought but then again Sunday I did eat a little more than usual after not eating for a couple of days because of that wonderful strep throat diet. Going to the school park with the kiddos today. Their last day of school was Tuesday so it's lazy days and getting dressed whenever I want :lmao: Have a good day everyone, talk to you later.

Laura

Helloo Peeps!

So. This lady I am babysitting for today has lost 40 pounds since March. I have lost 21 pounds since April...all IN that month and am stalled out. She and all her friends and family are doing that Kevin Trudeau's plan but not with the daily shots. They now have a suppliment that is the same as the shots. HUH? Anyone know what's up with this :confused3

Am I ALWAYS looking for magic or what? :stir:
Kevin Trudeau? If I'm not mistaken, he's the guy with the infomercial that is basically a "talk show" with these so-called "experts" who have all of the miracle cures that the medical industry doesn't want you to know about. Like someone else said, major scam artist. 500 calories? There are starving children in China who would look at that and think "are you crazy?" I'm sure I could lose 40 pounds in 4 months if I stopped eating, too. All I can do is shake my head.

I've got a feeling this is going to be a pretty uneventful weigh-in day for me tomorrow. I did a super-secret pre-weigh this morning, and I'm the same stinkin' weight as I was last week. And I really behaved myself last weekend and all week. Super frustrating. But maybe the weight gods will visit me tonight and I'll see a better number tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!

Kelly023.jpg

Very nice hair!!!! I love that style!

Oh and YOU are a knockout! You have pretty lips! :cutie:

500 calories? my dog gets 600 calories a day!

are any of you guys going to WDW in either late august or the month of september? i'm trying to find people to do a photopass share with. please let me know if you're interested!

Is this this the same one I'm already in with you? Cause I will be there Dec 10-19 and Aug 25-28. I'll do both.

So I am "officially" a free gal for the next 6 days!!!! ;) My fiance left with my brother & 9 other guys last night to go to Las Vegas for his Bachelor Party! They are staying at The Hard Rock Hotel and will be attending the "Rehab Party!" among other things this upcoming Sunday! If anyone has not heard about the infamous pool party in Las Vegas its insane and such a good time! I am so jealous I wish I was going on his bachelor party with him! :rotfl2:

Because of all the bachelor/bachelorette/honeymoon/vacations I dont get to go on my yearly trip to Las Vegas I love it there! We usually stay at "The Hotel at Mandalay Bay!..the pool at Mandalay Bay blows Stormalongbay out of the ballpark there is no comparison Mandalay Bay is so much better! anyway enough dreaming about being in las vegas :laughing:

So this Saturday I am having an all girls pool party at my mom's house in staten island for all the girlfriends/wives of all the boyfriends/husbands that are going to be in las vegas for the weekend. I am really looking forward to it! I will try and take some pics!

What a riot. Sounds like so much fun. I miss my 20's!

Kelly023.jpg

Looks good. And it does not look like a birds nest.

Hi. So, if you are ever looking in the fridge and only have a little bit of everything, you can make this:

(It turned out yummy and my mom asked how I made it)

Saute chicken breast with some oil, sliced red onion, mushrooms, and celery
When the veggies are transparent add a can of tomatoes, frozen spinach, and a can of beans (I used black). Then when that comes to a boil, cut up your chicken into cubes or bit size pieces and add some chicken bouillion (so I'm not a spelling major). Add one can extra of water and you have a nice South Beach Friendly soup.

How am I holding up? I just assumed today that Tim's side of the family is cursed.

His brother's wife lost her father 2 weeks ago. Her mom just passed this morning.

His dad can't handle all this and his stress level is not good and I feel it's effecting his health. Tim's brother told me yesterday that "Dad" is worried sick over Tim. We were also told that Dad cancelled some Dr. apts. So Tim took the boys to Dave and Busters today and on the way home they are stopping over there to check, er visit him.

Tim just seems like any other day Tim. He's doing fine. I think his body was just letting us know of the tumor. You'd never know he was "sick". If you want to call it that.

Thanks for the thoughts, the asking about me, and making me feel better. I appreciate it. You are all keeping me in check over here.

Peeps, I need some job advice. Now I admit that I get really excited about things and have a tendency to “put all my eggs in one basket”. But I think this is a valid question. First some backstory. You all know I have been job hunting (speech pathology). Well tonight I had a phone interview (I guess that’s what you’d call it??) with the director of a clinic in Lakeland, FL. She discussed the company, what my position would be, salary, benefits, etc and I asked some questions, she answered them. She asked if I would be in the area to come meet everyone and take a look at the clinic. I asked how next week would be because remember I am in south Florida and this is in Central Florida. She then tells me that actually she will be out of the office for the next 3 weeks due to vacations and work travel. So I should call her on July 14, when she comes back, to let her know when I might be stopping by.

The “problem” is I’m not really sure how interested this lady is in me. Has she practically hired me already and me seeing the facility and her meeting me is just a formality, how many other therapists has she interviewed, etc? I have a job interview tomorrow and another phone interview on Monday so what if I get an offer from somebody in the next 3 weeks? I mean if it is the job for me, I will take it, but what if I’m not 100% sure? Then what? I’m definitely interested in this clinic in Lakeland and I’m really looking forward to seeing it and seeing the area I might be living in. So anyway, has anyone been in a situation like this before? What is proper job etiquette? How long can you tell a potential employer you will need to “think about their offer”?

Thanks Peeps!

monica - :hug: i'm thinking about you!

disneygalUK - love the hair! :cutie:

wonders - no advice.......just some good vibes! :goodvibes i'm self-employed so i've never been in your situation before.

Ok PEEPS I am having the worst week ever and I so want to go and drown myself in ice cream right now.
It all started Monday which was payday for me. I had changed accounts at my bank and the week prior to changing I called payroll and asked what I needed to do to change accounts for my direct deposit. Well the women I spoke with told me what to do and said that she would be on vacation the following week and to bring all my new info in on Monday and the person covering her would enter my new information. I did what she told me and personally handed my info to the woman covering her. Well long story short she NEVER entered my new account info and in the mean time I closed out my old acccount and was expecting to get a live check in the mail until all my new info was confirmed ect... Well I get my check in the mail on Saturday only to open it to find that it is a direct deposit slip!!! :scared1: I call payroll on Monday and find out that this women never entered my new account info and that my employer will not issue me a new check until this money comes back! It has been 3 days now and I am freaking out! In the mean time I have bills I need to pay and I will be going on vacation soon! The supervisor in payroll said that it usally takes 3-5 business days to have the money return. But my big concern is that when talking to my bank they never even received my paycheck for them to send it back. So where is my money??? I am so worried. What if my employer never receives my money back to them? Is there something legally I can do? Please help you guys. I am about ready to cry here. Thanks for letting me rant.

I hope you get your $$$ VERY soon!

Helloo Peeps!

So. This lady I am babysitting for today has lost 40 pounds since March. I have lost 21 pounds since April...all IN that month and am stalled out. She and all her friends and family are doing that Kevin Trudeau's plan but not with the daily shots. They now have a suppliment that is the same as the shots. HUH? Anyone know what's up with this :confused3

Am I ALWAYS looking for magic or what? :stir:

I KNOWWW!

She's lost 40 pounds since March and was telling me about the similar successes of her co-workers and family. ::yes::

When I googled it, it does have these funky shots BUT it's a restrictive calorie plan so that's probably all there is to it. NOOO, I'm not gonna do it. Probably.
Evidently, they (whoever they are) found a suppliment that is exactly like the shot. :confused3 I was hoping one of our panel of experts has heard of this. Way too expensive for me, and I keep telling myself exercise is FREE :rotfl2:

That's crazy! 500 calories a day?!? No way!

Wendy, I know you can keep doing this, and you WILL see results again. I know the frustration, but I know you can do it!

Kelly023.jpg

I like the hair! Very cute! :thumbsup2

Peeps, I need some job advice. Now I admit that I get really excited about things and have a tendency to “put all my eggs in one basket”. But I think this is a valid question. First some backstory. You all know I have been job hunting (speech pathology). Well tonight I had a phone interview (I guess that’s what you’d call it??) with the director of a clinic in Lakeland, FL. She discussed the company, what my position would be, salary, benefits, etc and I asked some questions, she answered them. She asked if I would be in the area to come meet everyone and take a look at the clinic. I asked how next week would be because remember I am in south Florida and this is in Central Florida. She then tells me that actually she will be out of the office for the next 3 weeks due to vacations and work travel. So I should call her on July 14, when she comes back, to let her know when I might be stopping by.

The “problem” is I’m not really sure how interested this lady is in me. Has she practically hired me already and me seeing the facility and her meeting me is just a formality, how many other therapists has she interviewed, etc? I have a job interview tomorrow and another phone interview on Monday so what if I get an offer from somebody in the next 3 weeks? I mean if it is the job for me, I will take it, but what if I’m not 100% sure? Then what? I’m definitely interested in this clinic in Lakeland and I’m really looking forward to seeing it and seeing the area I might be living in. So anyway, has anyone been in a situation like this before? What is proper job etiquette? How long can you tell a potential employer you will need to “think about their offer”?

Thanks Peeps!

Shannon, if you get a job offer, you could ask at that time when they need to know your answer. I'm sure they'd give you at least a day or two. And like you said, if the job is for you, take it! Do you know if any of the positions require a pre-employment physical? (I work in an HR deptartment for a large clinic and we do.) And when would you start the position? Maybe you would have a little bit more time to learn about the Lakeland job before all is said and done. For now, just prepare for your interview and learn all you can about the potential employers. I know the right thing will come along for you, and you'll know it when it happens too.

OK Curvy gals (and Aaron)

Good luck in the morning!

Happy Weigh Day Eve! :bitelip:

together1.gif

0059.gif

9e3d.jpg

I think it looks cute.

Very nice hair!!!! I love that style!

Oh and YOU are a knockout! You have pretty lips! :cutie:

Looks good. And it does not look like a birds nest.

disneygalUK - love the hair! :cutie:

I like the hair! Very cute! :thumbsup2

:lovestruc :flower3: Thanks you guys! You've really made me feel good about myself :hug:

This week I am -2.5lbs :dance3: I got my half a stone certificate at Slimming World so Im happy!

Have a great day everyone :goodvibes

Good Morning All!
I am up just a little bit this week :worried: .8 That should be easy to take off. I am so bummed I didn't lose anything.

Good luck everyone else.

Hello ladies! Haven't had much time to check things out over here lately, but the pages haven't been moving very fast, so it seems like I am not the only one who has been a little MIA.

UM... thanks for the chuckle.... the cartoons were so funny!

I am -1.2 today. Not much, but I'll take it after a small gain last week and a samer the week before that! I've got a bit more than 5 lbs left to make my July 4th goal, so next week I will have to be super-motivated!!

Nice numbers from several of you already today! I'm impressed................P

Hi EVERYONE including Wendy.

Honestly I am eating my meals right, but I have not been that great of a snacker.

Surprisingly, I am down -2 pounds this week!

I had a major fiasco with my Dr. seeing Tim to clear him for the surgery.

Long story short, yesterday's news overwhelmed us, we forgot about his apt. when I remembered, I called to apologize and see if they could squeeze him in somewhere. Dr. R. refused. Said can see him July 14th. Had Surgeons office try. The Dr. wouldn't budge, my helper from the surgeons office called Dr. G out of surgery and he called them and b*tched them out and the Dr. R's office called to say they had room for him today.

After that I fould myself standing in front of the fridge and pantry. I don't do stress well while trying to diet. I wish I was the opposite.

I think it's the new vitamin drink I am using. The distributor told me about some story's, medical and weight loss, from using the product.

So, this 2 pound loss is exciting for me. It shows me I am losing and it's what I need to stay motivated.

Have a great day and I hope to read about big numbers after the funeral home today. I'll need some cheering up. That room is just gonna be sad.

Hello ladies! Haven't had much time to check things out over here lately, but the pages haven't been moving very fast, so it seems like I am not the only one who has been a little MIA.

UM... thanks for the chuckle.... the cartoons were so funny!

I am -1.2 today. Not much, but I'll take it after a small gain last week and a samer the week before that! I've got a bit more than 5 lbs left to make my July 4th goal, so next week I will have to be super-motivated!!

Nice numbers from several of you already today! I'm impressed................P

OOOPS! Looks like DD signed onto the Dis on my computer..GRRR! Anyhow, the above quoted statement was me.... PJLLA, not rnrlover! Sorry. ...............................P

Hey Peeps!

I am going to have to wait a couple of days to weigh in, i am staying at my mom's this weekend and I don't want to use her scale for my weigh in this week!

It looks like already everyone is posting good numbers!!! :banana: :banana:

I brought my Jillian Michael workouts here with me, so I am off to do them...after I have my coffee and my fix on the dis :surfweb:

Ugh, it is weeks like this that make me wonder why I even try. I ate great all week, exercised daily, and still managed to gain 0.6 pounds. Completely frustrating. But I'll just keep on doing what I've been doing, and hopefully I'll turn it around next week. I'll just try to keep in mind the words of Sir Winston Churchill - "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

Have a great day everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!