DISappearing Peeps...A fastpass to THIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a tip...

Fiber is your friend.

Look at the bread aisle - read the fiber grams, the one with the highest, is the best!!

Cole slaw is a good thing - very filling, high in fiber - make it fresh using oil and vinegar - vinegar is also a good thing!!

These are off the top of my head tips I remember from WW as well as a nutritionist the teachers hired, and I went to the class for 12 weeks... cole slaw was big.. I can look to see if I can find my paperwork from that class!!

Just a thought.

I've spent $$ on exercise dvd's and videos... that are collecting dust of course...

The library has loads of exercise videos and dvd's for check out!! FREE - that way you can test them out!! I got so hooked on the Billy Banks boxing Tae Bo infomercials, I almost succumbed many a time... BUT then I discovered them at the library.

I checked them out.. never used them.

Checked them out... never used them...

ok, I have a pattern to my behaviour!! :blush:

but I saved myself $50!! I often said if I used them from the library once, than and only then could I buy them off that seductive infomercial!!

Well I fell off the wagon. :blush:

DH came home with a chick flick and a bag of peanut m&ms.

Haley- Your story sounds familiar... I undereat during the day and then I am grouchy AND I binge in the evening.

I am going to keep a food journal (I started today and included the half(ish) bag of m&ms)

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.....

Okay gang!!! Here are the first 2 tips!!!!! These are the most important ones to get down pat...it may take the better part of a week (or more) to incorporate into your lifestyle, but, once again, a sure-fire way to begin changing your body mass!!!

#1 - Drink the water! DRINK THE WATER!! DRINK THE WATER!!!

This is, without a doubt, one of the very best things you can do for your body! Water is essential to good health AND weight/fat loss. A good rule of thumb is to drink 1oz. for every pound you weigh....MINIMUM!!! So, for me, weight = 130lbs, min. daily water consumption = 130 ounces!!! Yes, it DOES seem like alot but before you know it, you'll wonder how you ever survived without doing this!!! The first few days/week you WILL likely feel like a bloated puffball....that is GOOD!!! It is your body's way of telling you that it needed this increase for optimal health and it is going to hold on to it for dear life UNTIL you train it to realize that it's safe to let the water go! How? By drinking more water! As soon as your body knows that this is going to continue, it will flush the water through your system, allowing it to do all it's supposed to do. You will not believe the increase in energy you will feel after about 1-2 weeks into this new regimen!!! Never mind what it does for your skin!!! I have fallen off the water wagon a wee bit lately so this is my #1 goal again!!!

#2 - Do not skip meals!!!!! Eat 5 - 6 little meals a day!!!

Common mistake! We've all done it, of course, and at times, it may seem as though eating like a bird for 2 - 3 days DID help those jeans do up a bit easier BUT skipping meals will sabatoge your weight/fat loss plans faster than just about anything!! It falls under the same body hoarding theory as the water!! Hmmm...she's NOT feeding me!!! Better hold on to whatever she DOES feed me so that we don't die of starvation! Try to remember that the human body has been around for thousands of years....waaaay before the day of grocery stores and restaurants!! The primitive body was forced to hold on to food and store it away for future energy reserve because, back then, you really didn't know when your next meal would be! Well, obviously things are different today, but our bodies remain the same!!! The best thing you can do to keep your metabolism humming along and working as an efficient fat burner is to ensure you feed it regularly!! So, here are the guildlines:

NEVER skip a meal....ESPECIALLY breakfast!!! Your metabolism does not fire up as it should until the moment you put the first bite of food into your mouth!!!

Eat a little something every 3-4 hours! This was weird to start with but I think, for me, it had the biggest impact on my energy throughout the day!!! One of the BEST things you can eat would be 1 little single serving carton of flavored fat-free (or low fat)yogourt mixed up with about 3 big tablespoons of fat-free cottage cheese!!! I had never eaten cottage cheese in my LIFE until this year...couldn't get past the whole look/texture thing, but I braved it and WOW!!!! YUMMY!!! If you would like some other examples of some easy, quick things to eat that are properly balanced I would be glad to post some for you guys!!!

WOW!!!! Can I ramble or what!!!!!!!

Anyhoo....try these 2 things for the next 2 weeks and I guarantee you'll notice a BIG change!!!!

TwinkieMama said:
Well I fell off the wagon. :blush:

DH came home with a chick flick and a bag of peanut m&ms.

Haley- Your story sounds familiar... I undereat during the day and then I am grouchy AND I binge in the evening.

I am going to keep a food journal (I started today and included the half(ish) bag of m&ms)

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.....

Food journals are excellent!!! It's pretty amazing the amount of 'mindless eating' we all do on any given day!!! I, personally, don't believe in 'diets' per se, BUT being aware of what/how I've eaten today really helps me to decide on that chocolate bar tonight!!! I will NEVER deprive myself of the things I love and that includes chick flicks and M&Ms!!!! But at least nowadays I'm actually aware of the fact that I AM eating a 'treat', whereas before, I didn't even think about it....just ate it!!!

Tomorrow IS another day!!! That is another excellent frame of mind!!! Too often people fall off the program and think.."Forget it! I'll NEVER be able to do this" so this 'mantra' is exactly what you need to remember!!! Just because we've eaten our way through an entire dessert buffet table tonight, had 3 huge slices of pizza with extra cheese yesterday and didn't drink even 1 bottle of water doesn't mean that we've blown it!!! Tomorrow is another day!!!

OK, I lurked around here last night.....went off to weigh myself.....uggg...

I don't need to lose a lot of weight...about 8 pounds....but have no self discipline at all. And gravity is not my friend....I need to get back in shape. I'm with Twinkie...it's the way the clothes fit that bothers me.

My main problem in I work in an office where ther's always FOOD left over from some event or birthday cake or warm Krispie Kremes that someone brought in not to mention that part of my job is to put together "goody bags" so there are about 15 pounds of Hersey's minis sitting on the floor right next to my desk chair!!!!

Thanks for all the great tips, Lisa!! Body for Life, ya say? I may have to buy that one. Food journal, lots of water, don't skip meals....got it....I'm in!!!

Good morning!

Thanks Lisa for the words of encouragement and advice!

Welcome Melinda! I am right with you... I am glad I am doing something now but I find the last few lbs so hard to lose!

Ok- I am just going to have to take this one day at a time.

So Today I am going to:
1. Eat 5 small meals (300 cal or less) distrubuted evenly throughout the day. popcorn:: Record them in a food journal.
2. Challenge myself to see how many ounces of water I can drink in a day (1 ounce per pound seems like an awful big jump from oh, like zero!!!) I have my pitcher chilling in the fridge! I once read that if you drink 64 ounces of ice cold water a day you would lose a lb a week merely from the energy it took to raise that water to body temp. I don't know if it works but I am willing to experiment!
3. Do something today for exercise. :yay:

I will report back tonight!

Sorry I am such a thread hog but for me accountability really works! I can't do this alone!

Relief....I thought I killed this thread for a minute. Thanks for the reminder. Time to eat breakfast. Lets see....coffee=water? Ok....pass the water, too!

Water is good, water is important. Every "diet"/life plan says drink water. If you add lemon juice it will help take out those nasty "toxins" (I wonder if that includes chocolate!! ;) BUT... I need to know specifically WHEN to expell said h2o as I substitute teach, in a different classroom, it is impossible to hit the potty when *I* have to!!! This past week my only break was from 10:20 - 11:20 - Timing is everything!!

Snacks. I agree about the small snacks... but... the key for me is to prepare.

When I've been successful, I carry snacks,in the car, in my purse... and that doesnt mean one of those high caloric protein bars... some are also really high in sodium... One plan (maybe it was a south beach message board?) had you cook A LOT of food on a day off - maybe a Sat or Sun for me - like fire up my grill and grill 10 chicken breasts - marinate some in lemon juice, some in other stuff... be careful of sodium and sugar content... then put them in single serving pouches and freeze....

so then I can just grab and go , and not have to look longingly at a vending machine, or a fast food sign... munch and crunch!!

:wave: GOOD MORNIN

Melinda :wave2: Lisa :wave2:

UM :wave: Haley :wave: Twinks.... hmmm was celery on this thread? :confused3 Well Mornin to the lurkers!!! :banana:

Time to jump up, sit down, jump up... sit down... put your hands on your chair, scootch your butt to the end of the chair... down and up - come on, join me... do 3 sets of 12... think of those arms - think of the gluts...

up down... up down... slowly... you can... DO IT!!! :cheer2:

Make sure you 'walk your feet forward' and dip, hold in that tummy - give it the core test...

2 more sets!!! :cheer2:

slow and steady wins the race!! :cheer2:

TwinkieMama said:
Good morning!

Thanks Lisa for the words of encouragement and advice!

Welcome Melinda! I am right with you... I am glad I am doing something now but I find the last few lbs so hard to lose!

Ok- I am just going to have to take this one day at a time.

So Today I am going to:
1. Eat 5 small meals (300 cal or less) distrubuted evenly throughout the day. popcorn:: Record them in a food journal.
2. Challenge myself to see how many ounces of water I can drink in a day (1 ounce per pound seems like an awful big jump from oh, like zero!!!) I have my pitcher chilling in the fridge! I once read that if you drink 64 ounces of ice cold water a day you would lose a lb a week merely from the energy it took to raise that water to body temp. I don't know if it works but I am willing to experiment!
3. Do something today for exercise. :yay:

I will report back tonight!

Sorry I am such a thread hog but for me accountability really works! I can't do this alone!

First of all....nobody is hogging a thread!!! I think it's important on this kind of thread to be semi-rambling Nellies!!! There IS alot to discuss after all!!!

Second....you are absolutely correct re: the ice cold water!!! Also, someone mentioned the lemon for the water....right again!!! I have trouble drinking water like that but it IS supposed to work! I HAVE to drink my water with Crystal Light singles!!! Best thing since sliced (whole grain!! lol) bread!!!

I am a person who eats when I am upset or unhappy or whatever.....so I will try to jump up and march in place with my hands pumping up and down for ten minutes......diabetic educators said this is the best way......OKEY I WILL DO THIS.......
I have to have three meals a day of 45 carbs (I DO not count calories) and 15 in the middle of the morning, and 15 in the middle of the afternoon and then at night sitting here at the computer another 15 snack......This keeps my sugars on an even keel so to speak.......I did this diet at the beginning and lost alot of weight.......wasnt supposed to lose so I had to add the snacks then....My clothes were falling off my backend......some of my favorite night time snacks are 5 ritz crackers with some extra sharp cheddar cheese on top......or a dixie cup of vanilla ice cream in a diet gingerale ...belly ache soda....I love these and they fill me up and I am getting my dairy which I am not really fond of...
I think I will put on meatloaf music and stand in place and get my ten minutes in or I can go for a walk up to the college and stir up some falling leaves....

So many good tips here......GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL TOO

Does any one want my new Link? It's the pink one below-ish. It was sent to me by Horsegirl...she be along shortly if not already. I (my DH) linked it to this thread.

The ribbon is from Haley but it's widely available. It's a reward thing. They need a 2 pound ribbon so I can feel triumphant and victorious!!!!

I need to stare at that ribbon when ever I post. I need focus.
Maybe even a countdown ticker.

I need to go back and read the last 2 pages...sheeesh!

I totally love the law of diminishing return...but it never had a name for me! Just one bite (of a sugar item) is easy JUST because I'll get sick (VERY thankful for that "gift" or I would eat aLOT more!).

I love the after one meals worth of dieting, "I fell of the wagon!" is stated! I love you Twinkie! GET BACK ON!

I just had a bite of cereal. It was Norah's and I FORGOT I was not eating carbs (duh!) She was done with her cheerios, and I just took a zombie bite! Of soggy 'used" cereal! I'll write that in my food journal. "One bite of gross, soggy, cheerios" 50 lashings with a wet noodle! Wait! noodles are carbs!

I am SUCH a clean-plate club girl....and my kids plates! (cant waste food!!)

got this ditty (and old one at that) from my diabetic forum I belong to....actually it is ON THE BEACH type of diabetic forum......so here goes everyone

"Once there was a little old ram
Thought he'd punch a hole in the dam
No one could make that ram scram
He just kept butting that dam ...
Coz he had *high* hopes, ......"

we all have high hopes and we can do it.....YES WE CAN!!!

Hey guys!

I like water, I like water, I like water, I like water, I like water, I like water!!!

I think I'll do Crystal Lite, though. As I drink my hooch (which is diet Pepsi) !!!

You guys are FUNNY! I totally NEED you! :grouphug: !!!!!!!!

Stupid carrots are not on South Beach. But cucumbers are, and cauliflower too. I'll be FINE. I wish I didnt buy such a ginormous bag of mini-carrots at Cosco, though!

Cosco also sells this Fiber that you mix with your foods or drinks. Anyone try it? I'm pretty sure, going "BIG potty" is reeeeeeally good!

I'm going to measure out my multiple GALLONS of water to drink today...THANKS for THAT tip by the way! ((slosh, slosh,slosh)))

I have on my TO DO list to excercise, but it looks like there's a storm-brewing so I'll go check the library to see if my dvd's came in yet (you can order on line for the extra lazy like me!)

I'll be back often!

eeyore45 said:
Make sure you 'walk your feet forward' and dip, hold in that tummy - give it the core test...

2 more sets!!! :cheer2:

slow and steady wins the race!! :cheer2:
I dont reccomend doing this in your wheeled office chair while sitting at your computer on the kitchen tile floor! NO ONE has that much core strength! :crazy:

UtahMama said:
I dont reccomend doing this in your wheeled office chair while sitting at your computer on the kitchen tile floor! NO ONE has that much core strength! :crazy:

Oh NO!!!! You didn't!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Did you?????? :confused3

LBelle said:
Oh NO!!!! You didn't!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Did you?????? :confused3
HAHAHA! I did start to ((being ALL motivated by Eeyore))but my chair rolled backward a few inches (like 12) while I was getting into position...

So no I DI-int! Instead I just put in my CARS soundtrack and am dancing like no one's watching (which they aren't) I can GROOVE to "Life is a Highway"!!!

Don't hurt yourself!!! We NEED you to run this show!!!!

OT....what a totally crappy day!!!:guilty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter