DISApalooza 2011 – DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams Unlimited Travel December Event Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been to a December event, so I don't know, but couldn't you book the Swolphin through DU and be on the client priority list? Or does the reservation have to be for a Disney or Universal resort?
If you look at John's post, it says:

Similar to the event we held in 2009 we will be giving priority admission to clients who book through Dreams Unlimited Travel to attend this event. Clients will be required to book 3 consecutive nights over that weekend either at a Disney owned and Operated hotel or a Lowes/Universal Hotel.
The Swan/Dolphin are not Disney owned & operated...

Sayhello

I just want to say how pumped I am about the event. Even though we don't book through Dreams Unlimited because we are DVC I will keep positive thoughts about attending. We were able to attend the last TSM Disapalooza even though we didn't book through Dreams and will hopefully be able to attend this one. FYI: that event was so much fun and being able to meet and listen to Lee Cockerll was fantastic. Just spreading some pixie dust pixiedust: for those that are worried.

Also wanted to say thank you to JOHN for releasing the info yesterday as my DH was able to book airline tickets last nite for a great price!

I don't think a Dolphin reservation will get you DU priority for the event. It is what John meant by a DreamsRes. I'm hoping I'm wrong.

I missed that part of John's post. Darn. Oh well, POFQ here I come.

Kim

I'm one of those blasted DVC Members. :laughing:

But I did manage to get a spot at the prior DIS-a-Palooza, so I am not stressing out over this. The way I see it, I would always have WDW as a backup plan waiting there for me, regardless!

I can always wear my Ravenclaw tshirt at Epcot. :rotfl2:

I'm one of those blasted DVC Members. :laughing:

But I did manage to get a spot at the prior DIS-a-Palooza, so I am not stressing out over this. The way I see it, I would always have WDW as a backup plan waiting there for me, regardless!

I can always wear my Ravenclaw tshirt at Epcot. :rotfl2:

I'm really debating about whether to cancel our Boardwalk DVC ressies for our anniversary trip (during that time frame) so we can make sure we get in. I didn't get in to the prior events, so much as I'm trying to be patient and not stress, I'm not very good at it. :lmao:

I'm not sure whether I'll be able to get Mrs. AJRitz to buy-in, but I went ahead and requested a quote so that I'll have some numbers to work with. Our daughter is a HUGE Harry Potter fan, and we visited the WWoHP back in October, enjoying it despite the crowds. I can only imagine how magical it would be with a smaller crowd (and the DISBoards.com crew). :)

I'm not sure whether I'll be able to get Mrs. AJRitz to buy-in, but I went ahead and requested a quote so that I'll have some numbers to work with.

I'm in same boat. Not sure I will be able to convince the Mr., but requested a quote yesterday to see how badly I'll have to work on him. I've never been able to attend any DIS events and really want to make this work! Here's hoping there's magic for us all! :wizard:

My wife and I are so very excited about this event! However, I'm wondering about childcare options as our daughter will be just over 2 in December & there's no way I'm bringing her to a late night event.

Do the Universal Hotels offer in-room sitting like Disney resorts do? Thanks!

Oh..and John, you so scored on this one! :)

I'm in the same boat with a lot of people.....live close to WDW.
But I'm going to be patient and wait while I cross my fingers and toes.
I will let the DIS team work their magic!!!!! :wizard::wizard::wizard:

:worship::wizard::worship::wizard::worship::wizard:

I just put in a quote! Looking forward to enjoying WWOHP without getting trampled!

We just booked for that week and I am really excited! Can't wait to meet all of you since this is the first DIS event we've been able to attend! :)

I'm already booked using points at the Swan and Dolphin but this is worth paying for!!!

We had such a fabulous time in 2009! Even my cynical husband thought it was just magic!

Count us in!!!!

I'm already booked using points at the Swan and Dolphin but this is worth paying for!!!

We had such a fabulous time in 2009! Even my cynical husband thought it was just magic!

Count us in!!!!

My sister just saw that the Dolphin is not included. Rats.

Not sure I can get my DH to change resorts. He hates moving but I'll get a quote for the Yachtsman.

My sister and her family will be at the Dolphin, she's also staying on points but my DD and I REALLY want to go. I like being at the same resort as my sister.

What to do.......

My sister just saw that the Dolphin is not included. Rats.

Not sure I can get my DH to change resorts. He hates moving but I'll get a quote for the Yachtsman.

My sister and her family will be at the Dolphin, she's also staying on points but my DD and I REALLY want to go. I like being at the same resort as my sister.

What to do.......

I usually stay at the Swan, and I really don't want to stay anywhere else. Therefore, I will take my chances on getting into the WWoHP party.

Since when is your goal NOT to torture all of us? ;-)

I'm going to use this post as my example, but this is for everyone concerned about this event.

I would hope at this point that you have all come to realize that our goal is to include as many people as possible in our events and to disappoint as few people as possible.

As has been stated on the podcast and in this thread......we dont even know how many guests we will be able to include yet. We will not know for a while.
Please dont assume that you will be excluded. That is the very last thing any of us want.

We understand that there are Disers who live locally and dont need a hotel, that some guests will be staying in DVC resorts that Dreams Unlimited Travel can not book...well you get the idea. This has been taken into account when planning this event.

Please know that we (ok...John) will do everything in his power to include as many people as possible that want to attend this event. That's his very nature.

Releasing information about our events is a double edged sword.

Everyone wants to know when, how, where, how much, how many and they want this information as soon as possible and we LOVE that excitement.

The other side of that is that we have people who worry that they will be excluded.

Again....we dont want you to worry.

Just be patient with us while we get the rest of the details worked out and we let John work his MAGIc.

As many of you know a few years ago we started a tradition of having some kind of event in early December. We have been switching off from year-to-year between some kind of in theme-park party to a DCL cruise. In December 2010 we did a cruise so this year will be a party!!

Below are some of the details of our 2011 December event. For right now we are releasing this information so that people can start to make plans for the time of the event. We WILL NOT be signing people up to attend this event until sometime in March after we get most of the details worked out. Please DO NOT write to us asking to attend the event, or be placed on a waitlist for the event, or tell us some sad story why you have to attend this event.

We appreciate your patience as you wait until we can set-up a sign-up process for the event and work out the details.

When: December 10, 2011 from 9:30PM – Midnight.
Where: Universal Orlando Resort Florida
What: We will be renting out The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ for the evening!!!

Now – just to be clear, this is NOT JUST the ride, Harry Potter And The Forbidden Journey TM – it is all three rides (Harry Potter And The Forbidden Journey TM, Dragon Challenge TM, Flight of the Hippogriff TM) as well as the shops and Three Broomsticks TM – there will also be special entertainment as well.

The event will include complimentary non-alcoholic beverages but not food; food can be purchased separately. There will be a cash bar as well. Many of the details are listed below.

Park admission is not required for this event. It is an 'after hours' party. If you wish to visit the parks on your own that day, or any other, you will need to purchase park admission but it is not required to attend this event.

Similar to the event we held in 2009 we will be giving priority admission to clients who book through Dreams Unlimited Travel to attend this event. [/CENTER]

Would LOVE to do this, finally, be able to be there!! At least, at this point, I think so. *crosses fingers*

But no can do on Dreams Unlimited Travel; I'll have to wait it out. :wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!