DISApalooza 2011 – DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams Unlimited Travel December Event Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I've been waiting for the information about the party...can we go ahead and get our request into DU for that weekend? Duh, didn't even think about that.

You know I've been waiting for the information about the party...can we go ahead and get our request into DU for that weekend? Duh, didn't even think about that.
I've had my room reservation for that weekend booked with DU for almost 2 months now. But having a reservation with DU does not guarantee you'll get into the party, although it does give you priority over someone who doesn't have a booking with DU.

Sayhello

Well, I got my quote request into DU for the December event. The DU agent that contacted me was someone called Kathy W. Anyone know who she is? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Hopefully there will be AP discounts later this year.

Kim

Hmmm, I wonder who she is??:rotfl2::rotfl:

It would be nice if they announced discounts for those dates.

I think I read that Universal isn't letting as many people into WWOHP as Disney let in the TSM event.

But maybe Kevin can clarify.

Well, I based my comment on the fact that it won't be Universal's first time having a private event there. I don't really count the press event, but I know that LeakyCon (a "DIS-a-Palooza" type event for Harry Potter fans) in July will have a private party in WWoHP, and I'm sure they are going to have as many if not more people that were at the Toy Story event.

I don't know for sure what the capacity issues are for the parties, but I know that there will a lot of people going to LeakyCon.

I put my deposit down on our package today. I also had some agent named Kathy. LOL!

We are really looking forward to surprising our daughter with this trip. I can't wait for her birthday to come around. I need to figure out some cool packaging for the gift. Anyone have any suggestions? Her birthday is actually in October so we will just be giving her something wrapped up to open.

I am hoping Disney will release discounts for that time period.

We are really looking forward to surprising our daughter with this trip. I can't wait for her birthday to come around. I need to figure out some cool packaging for the gift. Anyone have any suggestions?

[/QUOTE/
Give her a stuffed owl with a Hogwarts acceptance letter in its talons!

At the Wb shop they have "acceptance" letters on sale 20% off. The 5x7 is $20 and the 8x10 i believe is 24 or 27. They are incredibly cute and customizable. :)

We have made our DU reservations for this weekend. Our 10 year old daughter just read through all 7 Harry Potter books recently, and was thrilled to hear that we were going to try to attend this event. For the past few weeks she has been planning exactly what she wants to do when she gets to the WWHP. She has plans for what she wants to see, what she wants for souvenirs, and everything else down to how much butter beer she wants to drink. It has been neat just listening to her make plans. It has made my DW and I even more excited about this trip than we already were. :yay:

At the Wb shop they have "acceptance" letters on sale 20% off. The 5x7 is $20 and the 8x10 i believe is 24 or 27. They are incredibly cute and customizable. :)

Thanks so much for the information. This is exactly the type thing we were hoping to find. Will definitely order one if we are able to get into the party.

Hooray!!! OK, DU agents.... we currently have coveted Ft Wilderness ressies for that time period - can we transfer them?? Without having to cancel and rebook??? I'm thrilled, we've not been to WWOHP yet, and it was on TheBigGuy's list of stuff he wanted to do - we've had such a great time at previous DIS gatherings - this one will be SOOOOOO over the top. Thanks, genius and the "man behind the man"....:goodvibes

Hooray!!! OK, DU agents.... we currently have coveted Ft Wilderness ressies for that time period - can we transfer them?? Without having to cancel and rebook??? I'm thrilled, we've not been to WWOHP yet, and it was on TheBigGuy's list of stuff he wanted to do - we've had such a great time at previous DIS gatherings - this one will be SOOOOOO over the top. Thanks, genius and the "man behind the man"....:goodvibes

I was able to transfer my reservation from WDTC to Dreams Unlimited. I can't remember exactly how I got the process started. I belive I found a link on the Dreams website.

Good Luck....hopefully I'll see you at the WWOHP party :banana: I'm so excited and the waiting is going to be difficult.

SQUEEE!! Just put a deposit down through DU for the December event, staying at the Portofino! I'm so excited! I'm going to be traveling solo, no spouse or child and arriving a couple days early to explore Universal as I've never been there.
Can't wait to meet everyone! :cool1:

Any idea when this may open up to general public? I already have a DVC stay booked that weekend so no option of going to Dreams Unlimited. :(
Us too. It's going to be our longest stay ever at WDW, and we've been saving points up and borrowing just to do it. 10 days! It will be major icing on our cake if we get to do the Dis event, too! I'm really, really, REALLY hoping we'll get in...:scared:

PS - love your screen name!

Us too. It's going to be our longest stay ever at WDW, and we've been saving points up and borrowing just to do it. 10 days! It will be major icing on our cake if we get to do the Dis event, too! I'm really, really, REALLY hoping we'll get in...:scared:

PS - love your screen name!

I feel your pain. I have three cruises and trip in August with DU but for December I am using all my Starwoods points and staying at the Dolphin with my sister and her family.

Even thought about switching and paying for a weekend but that makes no sense.

A lot of us are in the same boat - we've got our DVC reservation for a long trip, and we even priced switching part of the trip but it doesn't make sense financially and wasn't quite the trip we planned. :) Hopefully all of us in that situation will be lucky enough to get in and enjoy Harry's world too! (oh please, oh please)

Making our DU ressies and wondering if FD might be offered during this time? It's been awhile since I planned at WDW trip, but I think I remember FD in December.

I can't wait for the meet!

Just got my DVC reservation for 5 nights in December. Here's to hoping we all get in. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter