DIS party for my birthday! Thanks John!

We might have to schedule an August trip to come to the meet! We don't normally go when schools out, but we might make an exception :)

Just booked Boardwalk 08/09-08/19. Trying to get this and opening night for the Halloween party. I'm praying this works out. This will be our first podcast party. My boys will be 11& 8, are there a lot of kids at these events? Thanks

Just booked Boardwalk 08/09-08/19. Trying to get this and opening night for the Halloween party. I'm praying this works out. This will be our first podcast party. My boys will be 11& 8, are there a lot of kids at these events? Thanks

To be honest I didn't see very many at the EPCOT one for the DIS 20th. A few - though more in the teenager type range, not a lot of little kids

Thinking about this myself as wondering about bringing my kids to the upcoming one (I did a solo trip for the DIS 20th) - my kids will be 10 (ack! Disney adult!!!), 7, and 5

Not a "ton" by any means, but our boys have been to 2 events - Toy Story and Epcot- and were never out of place and found others to hang out with. They will be 13 and 16 during this next event and can't wait. They still talk about the Toy Story Party and how cool it was to ride over and over and over... My husband, on the other hand, still talks about flambe' donuts:)

Last edited:
To be honest I didn't see very many at the EPCOT one for the DIS 20th. A few - though more in the teenager type range, not a lot of little kids

Thinking about this myself as wondering about bringing my kids to the upcoming one (I did a solo trip for the DIS 20th) - my kids will be 10 (ack! Disney adult!!!), 7, and 5
Yeah, figured it's more of an adult vibe. My kids will love this though. I've been told they are well behaved so hopefully we won't stand out too much.

Yeah, figured it's more of an adult vibe. My kids will love this though. I've been told they are well behaved so hopefully we won't stand out too much.

My older two just got to ride Flight of Passage for the first time our last trip (about three weeks ago) and love it. My oldest is pretty well behaved and I am sure would be fine and would be super excited to get to go to an exclusive party. The other two might be too young though

My older two just got to ride Flight of Passage for the first time our last trip (about three weeks ago) and love it. My oldest is pretty well behaved and I am sure would be fine and would be super excited to get to go to an exclusive party. The other two might be too young though
We were there in August 2017 and we were amazed by FOP and all of Pandora. This is just too good to pass up. Thanks for the info

I think a big part of the reason not a lot of kids come is timing. I think the Epcot party was 10pm to 1am. We certainly wouldn’t have brought our daughter to something like that when she was younger.

So can I get this straight it’s from the 7th finishing on the 11th but the main pandora party night will be the 10th.

It’s just I’m trying to book as I really want to go but I also have to go to
the world in November for mum’s 70th.

So that will be two trip state size in a year :eek:

So looking at trips it’s cheaper to fly on the 4th go back on the 11th, so
I’m assuming that is fine as the party is the main event.

Or is it still sketchy as I don’t want to
Book and then find out the party is on the 11th

So can I get this straight it’s from the 7th finishing on the 11th but the main pandora party night will be the 10th.

It’s just I’m trying to book as I really want to go but I also have to go to
the world in November for mum’s 70th.

So that will be two trip state size in a year :eek:

So looking at trips it’s cheaper to fly on the 4th go back on the 11th, so
I’m assuming that is fine as the party is the main event.

Or is it still sketchy as I don’t want to
Book and then find out the party is on the 11th
The party is on the 10th for sure. They’ve already announced that. You’re fine leaving on the 11th.

Well as it’s such a important event @disneysteve birthday oh course and the other thing.

I have bitten the bullet and gone crazy and have booked my flight :hyper: alone :eek: - as I’m going with the family in Nov this is a solo trip, my first solo trip!!

So everyone who’s going has to say hi to me so I’m not a ‘Billy no mates’ :wave:

Well as it’s such a important event @disneysteve birthday oh course and the other thing.

I have bitten the bullet and gone crazy and have booked my flight :hyper: alone :eek: - as I’m going with the family in Nov this is a solo trip, my first solo trip!!

So everyone who’s going has to say hi to me so I’m not a ‘Billy no mates’ :wave:
Yay! That's great that so many people are going out of their way to celebrate with me. Be sure to come say hello. I'll be the one with the It's My Birthday button on ;).

Don't worry about bringing the kids for sure. My DD's were young and we took them to the TSM and Harry Potter events.

Was just talking with my wife about this last night and she seems quite keen on doing an "adults only trip" so I think that will be our plan anyway - leave the kids at Camp Nana/Grandpa and head down kid-free for a few days. But good to know it is an option to bring the kids if our current plan falls through

Was just talking with my wife about this last night and she seems quite keen on doing an "adults only trip" so I think that will be our plan anyway - leave the kids at Camp Nana/Grandpa and head down kid-free for a few days. But good to know it is an option to bring the kids if our current plan falls through

Good! My DH, Dave, is going and I'd love to introduce you and Judi to him. He's not much more social than Trish but as least we can go for a drink! Mary Kate turned 21 last weekend so if she can make it for the weekend we are still good to go. I still remember the monetary pain when they went adult but the biggest monetary pain is the adult on the buffet. $30+ dollars for some chicken tenders and mac and cheese. We had to spend a couple of years at quick service. Enjoy all the trips with the kids. Once they hit college it is hit and miss.

Good! My DH, Dave, is going and I'd love to introduce you and Judi to him. He's not much more social than Trish but as least we can go for a drink! Mary Kate turned 21 last weekend so if she can make it for the weekend we are still good to go. I still remember the monetary pain when they went adult but the biggest monetary pain is the adult on the buffet. $30+ dollars for some chicken tenders and mac and cheese. We had to spend a couple of years at quick service. Enjoy all the trips with the kids. Once they hit college it is hit and miss.

That would be great to meet up! And that little fact that our oldest, Olivia, will be considered a "Disney Adult" by the time of this event - so just another reason to leave her at home! ;)

John said on the show today that he should have the party details finalised by next week.

He also said they have preferentially hotel rates, but to wait till it’s all sorted.

But as I’ve already booked I say ignore that advice, I want everyone to get booked up.

Also if anyone is staying a CBR let me
Know and we can meet in Banana Cabana for drinks

Last edited:
John said on the show today that he should have the party details finalised by next week.

He also said they have preferentially hotel rates, but to wait till it’s all sorted.

But as I’ve already booked I say ignore that advice, I want everyone to get booked up as.

Also if anyone is staying a CBR let me
Know and we can meet in Banana Cabana for drinks

or as Kevin says, Banana Hammock

I am hoping we can pull off staying on site - have to wait to see what the group rates they got are .... CBR could definitively be an option though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter