DIS Ladies Only Meet 2006 Weight Loss Challenge - Starts March 28

sahbushka said:
So I am hungry and what did I do??? I went and looked at the menus for some of the restaurants at WDW! Now I am starving! And I know one thing for sure...there is no such thing as a diet in WDW! I will do my best between now and then, but I WILL NOT turn down any food I want while on vacation!
Now I feel better :teeth: ,
Sarah

Sarah, I am the same way. I know I am going to WDW and I will drink and I will eat. But if I can lose 40 pounds between now and then, the five I may gain (maybe not with all that walking) won't be so bad. I have been to WDW many a time and got right back on the horse. WDW has never been my downfall.

:sad2:
Taco Bell girls??

I was bad today too. Donughts and cupcakes, bagels with cream cheese.

I am making low-fat banana milkshakes for dessert tonight :)

Bought banana smoothie powder, add low fat milk, ice and lowfat vanilla ice cream...oh and bananas :) SO YUMMY!!

Just wanted to say good luck to all of you who have started a week early! :cheer2:

I am giving myself this one last week, not really to pig out, just not to monitor what I am eating.

The hardest thing for me to give up will be eating in the evening after dinner, I always love a salty snack!

I just remembered that the 28th is the day I fly back from Orlando, so I am not starting until the 29th :)

macraven said:
i walked all over the place last year and gained 12 lbs at the mother land.

I walked all over the place and ran 19 miles and gained five pounds in 3 days while in there!! What do they put in the food??

JennaTX said:
The hardest thing for me to give up will be eating in the evening after dinner, I always love a salty snack!

Me too Jenna. Or a sweet one. It doesn't matter. I am an equal opportunity snacker. :sad2:

Well the exercise thing didn't work out as well as I intended yesterday but the eating went well. I did try to jump rope last night but found out 2 things, 1- jumping rope requires a lot of space and 2- it's impossible to jump rope with a :cat: in the room!!!! :rotfl:

I am going to set up everything this am when I get home from work so my cd player will be ready, the eliptical will be cleared of dust :teeth: and I won't have any excuses not to exercise, and I'll lock :cat: out of the room!

:woohoo:

me:

7.gif

2bigkidz:

8.gif

macraven said:
me:

7.gif

2bigkidz:

8.gif

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

You have my respect just for going and trying. I had pancakes and lots of syrup this morning and havent' moved from my computer chair. Good luck tomorrow! :cheer2:

I still can't seem to find the time for organized excersize, but I am doing very well with the diet...had small packet of oatmeal, 1/2 cup low fat milk and a bottle of water for b-fast. And I did try to get some movement in yesterday by breaking out the stroller and walking to home depot instead of taking the car. It wasn't a long walk, but it was something!
Sarah
P.S. good for you who are attempting excersize...I know it can be intimidating!

macraven said:
i haven't exercised in over 19 years.......

day one and all i can think of are chalupas at taco bell right now.
Mmmmm. Sounds good. Maybe I'll have DH bring me home some for lunch.....

No that would be wrong. I'll have him bring home a big salad. Yeah, cause that's just as satisfying.

Exercise is the key, but I know its hard. Everyone says that you have to find something you like or at least don't mind doing. If you just cut your calories and don't increase your heart rate or muscles your body will just learn to live on few calories. You won't lose weight, but you won't be able to eat anything either. So we've all got to get moving,

Think of it this way (I told Kelly this last week), all exercise also has what they call an afterburn period. The higher your intensity of exercise, the greater the number of calories you burn BOTH during AND AFTER exercise. The more your sweat and breathe hard, the more you are burning both during the session and the more you burn for several hours afterwards.

One important part of this is the effort. We've got to sweat and breathe hard!! We can do this!!

k_hase said:
Exercise is the key, but I know its hard. Everyone says that you have to find something you like or at least don't mind doing. If you just cut your calories and don't increase your heart rate or muscles your body will just learn to live on few calories. You won't lose weight, but you won't be able to eat anything either. So we've all got to get moving,

Think of it this way (I told Kelly this last week), all exercise also has what they call an afterburn period. The higher your intensity of exercise, the greater the number of calories you burn BOTH during AND AFTER exercise. The more your sweat and breathe hard, the more you are burning both during the session and the more you burn for several hours afterwards.

One important part of this is the effort. We've got to sweat and breathe hard!! We can do this!!

Boy am I in trouble! I used to excersize all the time, well, for one period of my life, but since I have had my son, work, and volunteer at my church, I just can't seem to find the time! Money is tight too, so a gym isn't going to work. It's the pacific northwest so the weather sucks too bad to be out doors, and I live in an apartment, top floor, so it's not like I can do an aerobics video after ds is in bed as I will be basically jumping around on someones head! I am doomed!
Sarah

k_hase said:
We've got to sweat and breathe hard!!
Well I will have to do this when dh isn't home because I know where he would think this is going. :lmao:

I'm not doing too bad with my eating today, but I'm skipping the exercise. I'm headachy and just feel blah.

For breakfast I had a nest egg (cut a hole in the middle of some light bread, break and egg in the hole and fry in some butter), then for lunch I had a Smart Ones meal and a WW cookies & cream bar for dessert.

Not sure what we're doing for supper yet -- I'm thinking spaghetti or some other sort of pasta.

k_hase said:
The more you sweat and breathe hard, the more you are burning. think of doing this while dreaming of johnny depp........

One important part of this is the effort. We've got to sweat and breathe hard!! and be stronger so you can knock over all the other gals in line for johnny depp i tell you. it is so worth it. !

:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter