Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

Hi my wife and i (Lori and Mark) will be sailing on this ship and would love to share a car service from Rome to the cruise port. We were thinking about leaving Rome on Saturday afternoon. We can be flexible. If some one needs 2 more bodies in their car/van let me know. If someone doesn't have a service yet let me know and i can make arrangements.

Thx

Hi my wife and i (Lori and Mark) will be sailing on this ship and would love to share a car service from Rome to the cruise port. We were thinking about leaving Rome on Saturday afternoon. We can be flexible. If some one needs 2 more bodies in their car/van let me know. If someone doesn't have a service yet let me know and i can make arrangements.

Thx

I need a ride to the ship also... Are you staying at Bernini?

I noticed the "what you can't bring" list includes extension cords and surge protectors. I have something like this (https://www.amazon.com/Protected-BESTEK-Universal-Converter-Worldwide/dp/B012ERZ7B8) that I generally take when I do foreign travel and I was planning to use it pre and post cruise in the hotel. Does anyone know if Viking will allow you to check this sort of item with them and pick it up at the end of the cruise?

We are saying about 1.5 miles away Hotel Due Torri

Can you book it, have them pick you up first, then me? Sometime in the afternoon perhaps... I just want check out a local church around noon (best time to take pictures inside a church), and I would like to get to my cabin before the sun goes down so I can setup my time lapse :)

I noticed the "what you can't bring" list includes extension cords and surge protectors. I have something like this (https://www.amazon.com/Protected-BESTEK-Universal-Converter-Worldwide/dp/B012ERZ7B8) that I generally take when I do foreign travel and I was planning to use it pre and post cruise in the hotel. Does anyone know if Viking will allow you to check this sort of item with them and pick it up at the end of the cruise?

What you can’t bring? Who says you can’t bring those things?

Last edited:
Can you book it, have them pick you up first, then me? Sometime in the afternoon perhaps... I just want check out a local church around noon (best time to take pictures inside a church)

Make sure you check with the church you want to visit

Many are closed for several hours in the afternoon

Mom just called Viking to clarify the dining process for the main restaurant (called The Restaurant). Breakfast is served from 7:30am-9am it’s open seating so you just head to a table in between those times. Same process for dinner between 6:30pm-9:30pm.

I am so glad that you posted this. I have one of these as well and was planning on bringing it for our electronics. You have helped to avert an international incident when I would have gone ballistic as they confiscated this and destroyed it. I guess that I will now bring the adapter plugs only.

Chris

I noticed the "what you can't bring" list includes extension cords and surge protectors.
Just for everybody's general knowledge, this is a typical restriction for any ship. I've encountered the same restriction on DCL and RCL.

In this case I think the demanding part is the difficult and unpaved surface so I purchased a good set of walking shoes. The soles of walking shoes are stiffer than sneakers making them better for uneven surfaces like cobblestones. Yea, they are old lady shoes but if the shoe fits.......;)

I am in a similar situation. I will also bring a cane and a pair of hiking poles. Something to lean on if the standing becomes a problem, and some confidence that I won't trip and face plant!

Capwkidd I looked into a car service
Are u one person?
I got a price of 129 euros
Fattoricarservice.com
Thinking around 330-4 leaving Rome.
Are u still interested.
Anyone else want to join in. Obviously more people who join the price goes down. Let me know
Thx.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter