DIS 20th Anniversary *UN*OFFICIAL meet ups, events and make a friend thread.

Is the following correct?:

Option 2 (Pandora EMH meetup): Outside the Tusker House Bar area at 9:40pm?

Not sure if we are making it or not because we might go to the movie meet. If we do come, we may not be able to make it by 9:40, because we were hoping to catch the beginning of Yehaa Bob's show at POR, then peel off & catch the bus to AK (that Friday meet is scheduled for the time our Magical Express leaves). If we are late, we'll try to catch up.

That is the correct info. We ended up keeping that time. There is no need to join us right on time. The only thing that might happen is we might get a group photo. Other than that, we will probably just explorer the land at night, and will also probably be waiting in an EMH line for FoP until 11 if Disney does what they have been doing the last several nights.

I will post on our Facebook page in the afternoon tomorrow for people to follow along where we are, and to also say that you are looking for us. It will be easier to keep track of where we are if you follow my updates, and if you use that post to let me know when you would like to join us. If you post on here, I will get it eventually to let you know, but I won't be updating on here. Also, it is fine if you decide not to join us. If I don't see you tomorrow, I hope I will get the chance to meet you at the party.

That is the correct info. We ended up keeping that time. There is no need to join us right on time. The only thing that might happen is we might get a group photo. Other than that, we will probably just explorer the land at night, and will also probably be waiting in an EMH line for FoP until 11 if Disney does what they have been doing the last several nights.

I will post on our Facebook page in the afternoon tomorrow for people to follow along where we are, and to also say that you are looking for us. It will be easier to keep track of where we are if you follow my updates, and if you use that post to let me know when you would like to join us. If you post on here, I will get it eventually to let you know, but I won't be updating on here. Also, it is fine if you decide not to join us. If I don't see you tomorrow, I hope I will get the chance to meet you at the party.

Thanks. We aren't on FB, so hopefully it all works out, anyway. Pandora is a small land, I'm sure we'll see you eventually if we do end up coming late.

Btw, we were in Pandora today and later for EMH, and also yesterday during the day. The crowds seem to have gotten better. During EMH the lines for both rides seemed to be about an hour wait for us. The line to the store moved fast. of course the thunder storm prior to EMH was probably a big factor.

Thanks. We aren't on FB, so hopefully it all works out, anyway. Pandora is a small land, I'm sure we'll see you eventually if we do end up coming late.

Btw, we were in Pandora today and later for EMH, and also yesterday during the day. The crowds seem to have gotten better. During EMH the lines for both rides seemed to be about an hour wait for us. The line to the store moved fast. of course the thunder storm prior to EMH was probably a big factor.
Yeah. I was planning on going, but the lightning storm kept me away from there last night.

REMINDER:

Animal Kingdom Meet TONIGHT!

AK Meeting Times/Locations:

Festival of the Lion King (stand-by) - Meet between 6-6:15 p.m. by the Express Bus Transportation Check-in near the Tusker House check-in/bar in Africa.

Rivers of Light (FP) - Meet at 8 p.m. outside of the Flights of Wonder Theater.

Pandora EMH - Meet by the Tusker House check-in/bar in Africa around 9:40 p.m. Everyone coming from Rivers of Light will get there as soon as possible.

If you will be late to any of the events above, I will post on this page around 5 p.m. where you can see updates of where we currently are in the park. You can also tell us when you are able to join our group, and we can let you know where we are at that particular moment.

I’m looking forward to meeting all 36 people that have signed up to join us this evening and any others that decide they would like to join us tonight! :)

Hello everybody !
Finally - first post.
To ease everybodys mind a little bit - I've been to Pandora the last two nights - and it was amazingly managable after all I've read earlier
1f604.png
Monday night = early Tuesday I've arrived at 12:20 am - Bag-check + entrance I was the only one and Pandora was still in full swing = drum people and all that stuff and it looks absolutely AMAZING/STUNNING glowing .
1f633.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
pixiedust:Waittime for River Journey was 20 minutes at this time - but I opted for FoP which I entered at 12:57
1f61c.png
(after a short "Ice-water-visit" at the Canteen - no lines at all there - still serving) FoP had a posted waittime of 40 Minutes then - which was maybe a tad longer - still about 25 in line behind me - and OMG - it was so worth the wait - it's so - again AMAZING/STUNNING
1f63b.png
1f63d.png
1f642.png
The way out in this magical surrounding - with then almost completely empty and enjoyable - made more then up for my aching back and hurting feet
1f61c.png
and I felt like I was the last person they politely guided out
1f422.png
sorry amazing CMs - couldn't move any faster... :crutches:
Last Night I got there around midnight. It was busier - but waittime for RJ just 20 minutes posted - in fact not more than 15 minutes... I liked it a lot
1f60d.png
- went back into the line 12:40 - was a walk-on then
1f633.png
had a boat all to myself and in fact the Angel-CM
1f607.png
:yay: asked my afterwards if I'D like to ride again and just stay in my "private vessle"
1f923.png
1f60d.png
- AND I still made it to FoP at 12:59 - posted waittime again 40 minutes - well, allow an hour total - but again
1f63a.png
1f63b.png
and this almost "my private Pandora" feeling on the way out - so EMH are the way to go in my opinion - aside from FP obviously - which might be even not better during busy daytime!!! Hope that was a little bit helpful - hope to meet as many DISers as possible - heading out for MK to the Disneyland meet..

Can't say anything to the EMH "line-up" before 11 pm - but again - this sounds to me like arriving later is a pretty good idea ! :scared:

Oh man, I could write an epic poem about the night of sleep I had. I was stupid and didn't take a Benadryl. So you'll find me in AK today... I'm the one clutching the Starbucks or else face-planted into a table.

But seriously, I think I'm gonna try for a 1-hour nap right now... we got a late night! :jester:

Nice! I recognized voices/faces, but was super shy. I'm a "new" fan (2 years).
I used to think I was shy too, then I learned if you don't speak up, you might miss something. I will be there, I too took a nap. This should great, I have not seen another DISer in two days. Of course, I've been getting up early and hitting the parks. Being first timer here and all. Awesome!!

Got an email to pick up credentials by noon... unfortunately our flight doesn't arrive until 1pm. Depending on the weather, we might end up skipping HEA at the TTC tomorrow before the party. Ugg!

After all that we ended up not doing anything tonight because I wasn't feeling well. Hope to catch up with everyone at the party.

@Accident @AMusicLifeForMe @Max Rebo @rteetz ...thank you for all the work you put in organizing the events that made these past few days so enjoyable! It was great hanging out with you and all the other Dis'ers. If I don't run into any of you before we all leave ...have good trips back home and I'll hope to catch up again soon!
Same to you! I had a blast this week.

@Accident @AMusicLifeForMe @Max Rebo @rteetz ...thank you for all the work you put in organizing the events that made these past few days so enjoyable! It was great hanging out with you and all the other Dis'ers. If I don't run into any of you before we all leave ...have good trips back home and I'll hope to catch up again soon!

Thanks @GAN - it was great spending time with you these past couple days. Definitely echo your thought guys and that to @AMusicLifeForMe for planning the AK events (and to @rteetz for all the work on the Pandora thread, everyone involved with planning the Homecomin' lunch and for @Accident for kicking off his thread

Obviously Disney fans are the best and DISers are some of the best of the best - but it is a super special sub-group that love the planning aspect this much and it was great spending time with so many others that think like I do :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter