• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS 20th Anniversary *UN*OFFICIAL meet ups, events and make a friend thread.

Anyone else DVC members? Maybe we can meet at the lounge attop BLT to watch HEA then go to AK on Wednesday night?

We're DVC, but already planning to join the *UN*OFFICIAL group in Pandora that night. See post 571

We're planning to see HEA from inside the park tomorrow so we can see the projections.

We're DVC, but already planning to join the *UN*OFFICIAL group in Pandora that night. See post 571

We're planning to see HEA from inside the park tomorrow so we can see the projections.

The posts do not have numbers... care to direct me every? Maybe they just don't show in Safari in iOS?

I am on a Mac now.. The numbers show on my screen now, not on mobile.... Sigh... Perhaps one of those message board apps will show the message number?

I guess all I need to know is... If anyone else watching HEA then going to AK? Not sure when HEA will end, and how long it will take to get to AK (I plan to take the internal buss, if I leave from inside MK, I'll take the monorail if I end up watching from the top of BLT, but that is far less likely... I might just arrive on Wednesday off the plane, and go park and wait for HEA, then go to AK)....

I am on a Mac now.. The numbers show on my screen now, not on mobile.... Sigh... Perhaps one of those message board apps will show the message number?

I guess all I need to know is... If anyone else watching HEA then going to AK? Not sure when HEA will end, and how long it will take to get to AK (I plan to take the internal buss, if I leave from inside MK, I'll take the monorail if I end up watching from the top of BLT, but that is far less likely... I might just arrive on Wednesday off the plane, and go park and wait for HEA, then go to AK)....

There is a group planning to watch HEA FROM THE TTC before going to the party on Thursday. Also inunofficial thread somewhere.

HEA starts at 9pm, if it's a 30 minute show, how can anyone meet up in AK by 9:40pm? Why even arrive at AK so early? They are open until 1am....

HEA starts at 9pm, if it's a 30 minute show, how can anyone meet up in AK by 9:40pm? Why even arrive at AK so early? They are open until 1am....
That's the point - they're not watching HEA that night. Just staying in AK for events in the thread I pointed you to. See Option 1.

If I am late getting to AK, how will I recognize you guys? Will you be wearing something to show you are with the event (I won't be able to get my credentials until Thursday during the day and Dont has any DIS swag to wear)?

ATTENTION EVERYONE ATTENDING THE AK MEET ON MAY 31st:

CHANGES FOR THOSE ATTENDING OPTION 1:

NEW MEETING LOCATION/TIME: Please meet outside of the Flights of Wonder Theater by 8 p.m. so we can make our way over to Rivers of Light. The sooner everyone arrives, the quicker we can find a seat for the show. Thanks!

We are getting rid of the Pandora Lighting Ceremony part of this option, and going back to the original plan of just seeing ROL.

Please let me know if you would like to join us for only Option 2, or if you will change your plans all together. Thanks!

Those Attending:
- AMusicLifeForMe – 2 people *
- @GAN – 1 person *
- @TheMaxRebo – 1 person *
- @katmu – 1 person *
- @SleepingRebecca – 1 person *
- @disneysteve – 3 people *
- @OKMinnie – 1 person
- @Stefecatzz – 1 person (maybe)
- @gberg – 1 person *
- @MegaraWink – 1 person *
- @AngiTN – 3 people *
- @TinkerTerry – 1 person *
- @lowe@massed.net - 2 people *

CHANGES FOR THOSE ATTENDING OPTION 2:

Due to the system Disney ran last night for EMH for Pandora, we are making some changes to the schedule. These changes will be permanent.

NEW MEETING LOCATION/TIME: Outside of the Tusker House Bar area in Africa. Please meet there ASAP. The group coming from Option 1 will be arriving around 9:40 p.m. At that time, we will make our way to wherever the end of the EMH line is (if there is one). If there is not an EMH line on Wednesday, then we will make our way into Pandora. We will keep an eye on the Pandora thread for the next several days to see if we can adjust this time back to where we normally had the scheduled meeting time.

If you will be arriving to AK later than that and there is a line for EMH, it will probably be easier to find us until they start letting the line in. If they do not have a line, the post on our Facebook page will be the best way to find us since we will most likely already be inside Pandora. I will post periodic updates of where we are on the Facebook post throughout the evening.

Also, due to the hard stop Disney did with allowing people to ride the attractions in Pandora last night, it is important to know that there is a chance that we will not be able to ride any of the attractions. We will keep an eye on the thread to see if anything changes in the days to come regarding this or not. If we are not able to ride any attractions, we will explorer Pandora at night which seems to be an attraction in itself.

Those Attending (including everyone in Option 1):
- @bartleyosu – 2 people
- @wnwardii – 1 person
- @dina444444 – 1 person (possible option 1) *
- @rteetz – 1 person *
- @czechplz – 2 people
- @nolanboys – 1 person
- @Madonna3 – 2 people
- @easyd – 1 person *
- @Punkrockbebop – 2 people *
- @Stay Puft Khymm – 1 person *
- @Roxyfire – 2 people *
- @amberg93/@MarieLightning – 2 people

Thank you for understanding! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone on Wednesday! :)

Hi, thanks for arranging all of this. My ADD brain is just having a hard time processing the info load. Are you saying that both the time and location is changed for option 2? Is the following correct?:

Option 2 (Pandora EMH meetup): Outside the Tusker House Bar area at 9:40pm?

Not sure if we are making it or not because we might go to the movie meet. If we do come, we may not be able to make it by 9:40, because we were hoping to catch the beginning of Yehaa Bob's show at POR, then peel off & catch the bus to AK (that Friday meet is scheduled for the time our Magical Express leaves). If we are late, we'll try to catch up.

*** This is not new information - just re-posting it as I know a lot of people have arrived or are traveling soon ***

One final note -
please don't feel like you have to be "registered" for this or anything - this is just to get an idea of who will/may show up. If you find you are free and want to stop by any or all of these please do! I will look to post a picture in in this thread of where we are sitting so you can find us!!!!

Pre-Party events on June 1st:
as of 23rd May @ 10:50am

Part 1: Wilderness Lodge Geyser Point for dinner/food/drinks. Starting at around 5pm

Part 2: Polynesian Trader Sam's (Inside if we can fit, outside if not). Starting at around 7pm

Part 3: Happily Ever After from the TTC/Ferry Dock - meet around 8:30/8:45 at the latest

We can then as a group board an EPCOT monorail to head to the party check-in!

Really looking forward to seeing everyone!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter