DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

We already had a trip scheduled for May 23 - Jun 6, and since we had never been to one of these events, we registered to attend. I have read through all 22 pages of this posting, but don't understand what is actually going on. Are there any events, meetings, etc. going on other than the Epcot party? What does everyone do on the other dates? Other than the rides listed for the Epcot night and the special Illuminations, does anything else typically go on at the party? We will probably pass on the party night if that is all that goes on since about the only ride we are typically interested in riding would be Soarin' and that is usually a once and done for the entire trip. Have seen Illuminations so many times already and we usually leave before it starts anyway on a typical night. So, talk me into going; what all goes on?

The actual party is something new so nothing really "typical" to compare it to ... but there will be food and a DJ and just hanging out with fellow DIS fans and opportunities to meet the team, etc. I see it as at least as much being about being in WDW with people who love WDW and love the DIS and are virtual friendsthrough the DIS as it is about the attractions and illuminations

Now, there will be other things going on that week but no other details have been released. If it is like what they did last year for the Megameet there were small group meetups such as meeting up with Ryno to Vlog around EPCOT or with Julie and others to shop at Disney Springs or Corey and others to drink around EPCOT or with Michael and Craig for a Connecting with Walt trip down Main St USA. No idea if that exact same format will be used but likely something like that to give you an idea. These would all be separate from the big EPCOT party and require the $25 registration and then registering for the individual event as well (I believe for the megameet they also asked for a donation to Give Kids the World when you registered for one of the mini-meets)

Hope this helps!

To add, this is also a charity event/week to benefit Give Kids the World. there will be a silent auction, the other events will have a donate what you can/want to gktw and no other fees above the $25 per person for the event, part of that and the party also goes to GKTW.

I think pete mentioned on the show that monday and friday of that week were going to be mostly when the other events are with thursday night being the big blow out. It doesn't mean other things and other unofficial things won't get added....

Overall, it's a nice time, you get to meet others whose screen names you just see on this forum. The dis crew is very generous with their time and it's for a great charity.. I"m personally big on support charities that are about giving some joy and hope to a seemingly hopeless time. I think it has just as much if not more impact to helping offer a chance to recover.

I think pete mentioned on the show that monday and friday of that week were going to be mostly when the other events are with thursday night being the big blow out.

Just to clarify - Monday thru Friday would be other events. Thursday night is the big party so that day may be a little 'slow' so we can gear up for the party.

Kevin and I will definitely be in the Magic Kingdom on Saturday for a meet if anyone wants to join us (see OP). No fee for this, just come and see us and ride Small World if you feel like it.

Is this going to be more of a "adult only event"?? We will be arriving that day at Noon and would like to come. Just worried our 11 and 13yr old will get bored if its a bunch of us adults having fun instead of them :)

Is this going to be more of a "adult only event"?? We will be arriving that day at Noon and would like to come. Just worried our 11 and 13yr old will get bored if its a bunch of us adults having fun instead of them :)

The party itself will not be 'adults only' - families with children have already signed up and more are certainly welcome. Check out the description of the party in the first post to see if your kids would enjoy it.

Whether or not they will be bored during other events is only something you can decide - you know them better than anyone.

I don't know your kids, but if they like riding Test Track and Soarin' something tells me they aren't going to be too worried about what you're doing!

Thanks for the info. I have been to some private functions at Disney in the past a couple of them got a little wild :), But that was a while ago... and I do remember as kids when we went werent allowed to go to a nighttime after hours Epcot party, so I figured I should ask :)

It would be nice if there was room left on name badges/tags (if they are used) where we could annotate our disboard screen names. Would make it easier to find folks that we communicate with every day.

World Showcase will not be open. I don't know what they will do but I guess they will have a rope up blocking WS and have Cast Members posted so that you cannot enter. This is all a guess.

Well, nuts. I could have easily spent two hours strolling through an empty World Showcase for $85. But, to this point, do you have more details on the ROE viewing logistics? If World Showcase is closed, will we all be confined to something like the Fastpass location opposite American Adventure? I have no concept of whether there would be room for everyone in that location (or if it would be all that enjoyable).

It would be nice if there was room left on name badges/tags (if they are used) where we could annotate our disboard screen names. Would make it easier to find folks that we communicate with every day.

If I recall correctly, my board name has always been on my badge for every DIS event I've attended. Definitely was for the Mega Meet last year, and PCC 6.0.

We are there that entire week. I need to talk DH in to going. Thing is, we'll have DGD with us. Now got to figure out what parts she would be interested in. There is a lot more to the events than I realized

AngiTN, I am so thrilled that you will be there. It seems that we are often on the same threads, and are usually in agreement on those threads. Maybe I will finally get to shake your hand!

Your Disboards name is usually on your credentials under your name. Always has been at past events I have attended.

AngiTN, I am so thrilled that you will be there. It seems that we are often on the same threads, and are usually in agreement on those threads. Maybe I will finally get to shake your hand!

Your Disboards name is usually on your credentials under your name. Always has been at past events I have attended.
Looking so forward to the night. I've run in to several Diser's in the parks. My pink/purple hair tends to stand out ;)
It will be fun to be around so many. I got our tickets yesterday. I'd debated on bringing DGD but she'll have fun. She's the type that can be best friends with someone in 5 min so I'm sure she'll find someone to hang out with there. And if she doesn't, she's used to be around adults being an only child with 3 adults in her household

Should we start a separate thread to discuss possible listener/board member planned events? Or suggestions for possible "official mini meets"?

I know when Pecos Bill started those Humongous $90 Nachos, some of us mentioned that it might be fun to do as a meet. I am sure there are other cool ideas out there as well. Amorette's just announced a Friday Morning Mickey Dome Cake Decorating class, something along those lines might be fun as well.

Should we start a separate thread to discuss possible listener/board member planned events? Or suggestions for possible "official mini meets"?

I know when Pecos Bill started those Humongous $90 Nachos, some of us mentioned that it might be fun to do as a meet. I am sure there are other cool ideas out there as well. Amorette's just announced a Friday Morning Mickey Dome Cake Decorating class, something along those lines might be fun as well.
Great ideas! I'd be all over some other options too. It's our long, 10 day trip with DGD so we have more room to "stretch out and slow down" than when it's just DH and I for 5 days

I would be down to some listener/board member events. I'll only be there the 5 days that events are happening, so I'm sure I'll be running around all over the place.

John, will we be kicked out at midnight? 2 hours is such a short amount of time considering how much we can do there... Was the Diagon Alley event also just 2 hours? It only had 1 ride...

I sure would like to meet more DIS'rs

Well, nuts. I could have easily spent two hours strolling through an empty World Showcase for $85. But, to this point, do you have more details on the ROE viewing logistics? If World Showcase is closed, will we all be confined to something like the Fastpass location opposite American Adventure? I have no concept of whether there would be room for everyone in that location (or if it would be all that enjoyable).

Knowing John, he has probably arranged for everyone to view Illuminations from the top of Spaceship Earth.

I think the board meet ups are a GREAT idea, count me in. An easy one would be informal pool parties at the various group hotels the afternoon before the party so you can say hello to others staying at the same resort while we all rest up and relax away from the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter