DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

John, will we be kicked out at midnight? 2 hours is such a short amount of time considering how much we can do there... Was the Diagon Alley event also just 2 hours? It only had 1 ride...

Diagon Alley was 3 hours, but Universal closes earlier than EPCOT. It was also 2 rides.

I think John has does any amazing job planning a party that sounds awesome.

We'll have someone with us who isn't staying on-property to complicate our transportation plans, but I'd be happy if there was a DIS-arranged transportation service back to the event hotels, especially if competitively priced. Plenty of time for John to figure out what is necessary and possible, though.

I think John has does any amazing job planning a party that sounds awesome.
TOTALLY agree with this, Cindy! Even though I sadly can't make it, my mouth is watering with excitement (did that make sense?) for others, and I am VERY envious!! I will definitely be living vicariously, and be with you all in spirit, for this fantastic-sounding series of events!!

TOTALLY awesome job, @WebmasterJohn John, and I'm sure you'll be working your buns off on all the minutia (sometimes the TOUGHEST part!!) from now until the events are LONG over. Everyone else who's lucky enough to attend, I envy. I don't envy your job, at all!!

Last edited:
I too would be interested in resort transportation if offered. We will be at Bay Lake Tower and right now looking at using either Uber/Lyft. We are definitely excited though that this is during our 10th anniversary vacation and can't wait to meet people.

Since they just announced that Pandora would have EMH throughout our trip until 1 a.m, I think it would be fun to get a disboards group together and go check it out one night.

Thanks for posting this. This will either be a clustercuss or an amazing experience. Either way, we'll be there!

Thanks for posting this. This will either be a clustercuss or an amazing experience. Either way, we'll be there!

I'm expecting it to be an amazing experience at night -during the day not so much. The use of lighting to create an environment can be pretty powerful, so we'll see. I'm thinking in that regard they will be looking to take it over the top. I do a good amount of lighting myself -and if this isn't the most spectacular job I've ever seen, I will be disappointed!

Dis 20th Anniversary WDW park ticket purchase question: Okay I am a little rusty on these terms and conditions so please help 'splain matters to me: If I buy tickets, say, 3-day hopper passes and stay just one night on property (6/1-6/2) through this 20th anniversary amazing offer, will we be able to use our tickets a few days earlier than 6/1 or 6/2(like probably 5/29, 5/30, and 5/31) as long as we pick them up on a credential pick up day (5/29?). We are staying at Dis Springs hotel for a few days before June 1st. Hope this makes sense. Was thinking we can use them up to 10 days sooner but just double checking. :magnify::disrocks:
TIA!

I'm expecting it to be an amazing experience at night -during the day not so much. The use of lighting to create an environment can be pretty powerful, so we'll see. I'm thinking in that regard they will be looking to take it over the top. I do a good amount of lighting myself -and if this isn't the most spectacular job I've ever seen, I will be disappointed!

Oh no doubt. I'm a lighting nerd too (though I don't work with lighting) and have high hopes. I'm sure that will be a success. What I'm not sure about is the effect of Disney giving all Disney resort guests an incentive to cram into one section of one park that only has two attractions in it. The good news is that the DIS party will be one late night in which we won't be dealing with huge crowds.

I think the board meet ups are a GREAT idea, count me in. An easy one would be informal pool parties at the various group hotels the afternoon before the party so you can say hello to others staying at the same resort while we all rest up and relax away from the parks.

For the Megameet we planned one informal event for watching Wishes! from the Poly beach together, just as another idea. We did it early on in the week so it was a good way to meet a few people early on and then you would run into them throughout the week

So, after some negotiations I have permission to do a solo trip down for the meet. Thinking of going for 2 or 3 nights to do a day at Animal Kingdom as well.

You thinking of going? Want a roommate?
I wish I had a permission slip and a couple extra dollars. I don't think I can pull it off with Marathon weekend in 2018. One day I will make one of these events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter