DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

Oh no doubt. I'm a lighting nerd too (though I don't work with lighting) and have high hopes. I'm sure that will be a success. What I'm not sure about is the effect of Disney giving all Disney resort guests an incentive to cram into one section of one park that only has two attractions in it. The good news is that the DIS party will be one late night in which we won't be dealing with huge crowds.
Nice, I am fan of light myself :)

Nice!! 1am is a MUCH better time to close (it's still only 10pm for us west coast people)!! Maybe after the DIS party we can all head over to AK to do Pandora :)
The distance between EPCOT and AK just to ride 1 ride at Pandora won't be worth it. We also don't know what the transportation will be like. Plus, everyone will be tired after a late party. I say trying to do it another night would be better.

Since they just announced that Pandora would have EMH throughout our trip until 1 a.m, I think it would be fun to get a disboards group together and go check it out one night.

Well, unless there is some other amazing official meetup planned for that day/night my plan is to do Animal Kingdom on May 31st (so day before the party) - I'd be up for that being an official-unofficial meetup thing

Nice!! 1am is a MUCH better time to close (it's still only 10pm for us west coast people)!! Maybe after the DIS party we can all head over to AK to do Pandora :)
An idea to consider for sure.

Maybe those interested can pool together and get some big Uber's to take everyone over to AK to get in 1 ride? Totally silly thing to try to do for 1 ride but hey, where else can you do silly things, if not Disney

Since they just announced that Pandora would have EMH throughout our trip until 1 a.m, I think it would be fun to get a disboards group together and go check it out one night.

I have a 7:35am ADR for the new character breakfast at Trattoria al Forno the next morning, I am thinking midnight is my limit. LOL

Well, unless there is some other amazing official meetup planned for that day/night my plan is to do Animal Kingdom on May 31st (so day before the party) - I'd be up for that being an official-unofficial meetup thing
Ahh, that sounds like a plan, at this point, that is probably the day I will arrive...

An idea to consider for sure.

Maybe those interested can pool together and get some big Uber's to take everyone over to AK to get in 1 ride? Totally silly thing to try to do for 1 ride but hey, where else can you do silly things, if not Disney
When POTC reopened at Disneyland, after the Jack additions, me and my friend went to ride it... and it was the only time we have ever seen the pirates all hunched over.... Which is what it looks like when the ride is closed....

I just booked - so I am officially in!

And I am arriving that day as well (landing like 11:30) and will go basically right there and it is open until 1am with the extra magic hours so should be plenty of time

I'll plan on AK that afternoon/night as well. Maybe I'll book some FastPasses. I PM'd you Phil.

I vote for a new non-official event, meetup, make a friend if traveling solo and you want to join others thread....

EDIT: I'll start it an volunteer to keep post 1 updated with info in it.

I like this plan.... I will be solo (solo you can't hear me?), since I definitely want to meet other DIS'rs

I vote for a new non-official event, meetup, make a friend if traveling solo and you want to join others thread....

EDIT: I'll start it an volunteer to keep post 1 updated with info in it.

sounds great, thanks!

I know I managed a thread like that for the Megameet including keeping track of who was staying at what hotel ... that proved to be quite time consuming and not sure of the benefit so I suggest we/you *not* to that this time :D

sounds great, thanks!

I know I managed a thread like that for the Megameet including keeping track of who was staying at what hotel ... that proved to be quite time consuming and not sure of the benefit so I suggest we/you *not* to that this time :D

yeah I"m not trying to figure out who is where, just get a place we don't clog up this thread for alternative meet up event and opportunities. of course if your solo post your looking for park days with people or whatever interests you..

The thread is now opened here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-ups-events-and-make-a-friend-thread.3593096/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter