Direct Sales Reopening?

I've been on the wait list for Grand Californian for a little less than 2 years. In March, right before all the businesses shut down and the theme parks closed, I finally received a call from my assigned sales agent. He told me how many points were available and told me he'd touch base with me in a couple of days for my decision. My husband and I decided to go for it, but that's when everything shut down. I left him a message and sent him an email, but I don't know when he'll be back in the office. Does anyone know if they are going to start back up by June 15th which is when some of the DVC properties will open?

We don't know. Nothing has been announced.

My GUESS is that they won't open back up again until after the parks open, since AFAIK, that's where most of their leads come from.

I am going to being buying my first contract within the next few months and really debating on resale vs. direct. If they lowered it back down to 75 there would be no debate. I would call and get my 75 direct pts. as soon as they announced it.
I would be on that as well!!!

New owners with current UY points and the welcome home bookings certainly won't help with the already-constrained inventory thank to the extended surplus points. Existing owners, especially with distressed points, better book what you can ASAP.

Does DVC ever adjust prices for direct sales? Or is it always adjusting the incentives? I would like to pick up more points at HHI but can’t wrap my head around their asking price (from a few years ago.) Thanks!!!
I recall one time when they reduced the actual price and that was VB. It maybe was dropped $5/pt? It was quite a few years ago though and contrary to the norm of either leaving or increasing the price of sold out resorts. They have done incentives for "sold out" resorts a couple of times too - OKW and SSR both had that happen. I don't recall if any others have though so it also was rare.

I recall one time when they reduced the actual price and that was VB. It maybe was dropped $5/pt? It was quite a few years ago though and contrary to the norm of either leaving or increasing the price of sold out resorts. They have done incentives for "sold out" resorts a couple of times too - OKW and SSR both had that happen. I don't recall if any others have though so it also was rare.
Thanks kat4disney! If the price at HHI we’re to come down a bit it would be a game changer for buying direct. Finger crossed!

New owners with current UY points and the welcome home bookings certainly won't help with the already-constrained inventory thank to the extended surplus points. Existing owners, especially with distressed points, better book what you can ASAP.

I am thinking that they may end up having to modify Welcome Home booking and offer RIV as a big option as they have so much inventory there still.

I just want to investigate getting a gw for CCV. My plan is not even to use the GW really for the next 15 years but when the kids go off to college or are in HS we may use it as a getaway just for us.

I noticed that when DVC reopens RIV is the only place that will still have character dining, albeit modified. It makes me wonder if direct sales will reopen when DVC reopens. Anyone have insider information?

I noticed that when DVC reopens RIV is the only place that will still have character dining, albeit modified. It makes me wonder if direct sales will reopen when DVC reopens. Anyone have insider information?
I don't, but I had the same thought -- that having the character dining there was to draw people in so that they could continue to direct sell the resort. Please, please, someone have insider info to let us know if direct sales are reopening (and what the incentives might be!). :)

I don't, but I had the same thought -- that having the character dining there was to draw people in so that they could continue to direct sell the resort. Please, please, someone have insider info to let us know if direct sales are reopening (and what the incentives might be!). :)
I don't have inside info but 2 DVC resorts are reopening next Monday! 🤔 Are they really going to have the sales booths empty?

It seems like with all the restrictions being announced for when they open they are trying to discourage people from coming for a bit. With the amount of points that were affected during the closure I wouldn’t be surprised if they slow play DVC direct sales to try to limit the amount of points being introduced into the pool over the next few months to give time for some of the points to be used

With the amount of points that were affected during the closure I wouldn’t be surprised if they slow play DVC direct sales to try to limit the amount of points being introduced into the pool over the next few months to give time for some of the points to be used

A couple months of mediocre RIV sales won't make a dent in the giant pool of points floating around right now, and they know they are competing with resale, who never shut down.

Disney has completely blocked off Jambo and obviously doesn't care how tight booking is for a couple years.

A couple months of mediocre RIV sales won't make a dent in the giant pool of points floating around right now, and they know they are competing with resale, who never shut down.

Disney has completely blocked off Jambo and obviously doesn't care how tight booking is for a couple years.
I think Disney needs cash now and will do whatever they can to get it.

The more DH and I talk about this the more he tries to convince me to buy direct. I wish we could hop on a plane for the weekend and stay at the 2 resorts we are thinking about buying. AKL and CCR.

I think Disney needs cash now and will do whatever they can to get it.

The more DH and I talk about this the more he tries to convince me to buy direct. I wish we could hop on a plane for the weekend and stay at the 2 resorts we are thinking about buying. AKL and CCR.
You could always buy both, and alternate your stays! ;-) We love the Wilderness Lodge and the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and that's what we initially did.

I don't have inside info but 2 DVC resorts are reopening next Monday! 🤔 Are they really going to have the sales booths empty?
No new offers and no one answering the phone, but I think they've been tinkering with the DVC site today; some of the COVID messaging seems to have been updated since this morning. 🤷‍♂️

Just had a chat with someone on the DVC website and I asked them when the sales was opening. Here was there answer:

"Sales is going to begin a gradual return to the office starting on June 22. The phone number for the sales office is 800-800-9100. They can help you if your guide is not back in the office yet. "

Just had a chat with someone on the DVC website and I asked them when the sales was opening. Here was there answer:

"Sales is going to begin a gradual return to the office starting on June 22. The phone number for the sales office is 800-800-9100. They can help you if your guide is not back in the office yet. "
Thank you! This is great to hear. How did you get live chat to work?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter