Direct Sales Reopening?

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
Any knowledge on direct sales reopening at this point? Or still no idea at this point? Possibly have to wait for parks to reopen first?

Earlier this week when I called DVC, they told me that Sales would not reopen until the parks and resorts reopen.

Since it appears that Universal Studios will reopen their 3 parks starting on June 1st for cast members, June 3rd for Annual pass members, June 5th for the general public you have to think a mid June reopwning is very likely. I personally think the June 13th date might make some sense. Disney will present its reopening plan to the State reopening board in the next couple of days.

So now that we know parks will begin to open on July 11, I wonder if DVC will wait that long as well. I still have not seen a date that resorts will open.

*Just read that DVC resorts will open June 22!

My guess is that the Sales offices will open at the same time as the parks.

Here's the latest info on the DVC Resort from the Parks Blog:

"Additionally, Disney Vacation Club resorts at Walt Disney World will reopen to members and guests and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen on June 22. Disney Vacation Club resorts in Vero Beach, Florida, and Hilton Head, South Carolina, will also open to members and guests starting on June 15. Plans to support required physical distancing as well as enhanced cleaning measures, along with a number of other safety and cleanliness protocols, will be implemented as part of this planned phased reopening. "

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-theme-parks-resort-hotels-and-disney-stores/

I think they open the 22nd give or take a few days, when the resorts open. Might be a small group that rotates but it would allow for some sales to get going.

Anyone heard anything on when they might reopen?
Admittedly at this point, I am not really looking to buy direct as I've found a resale contract, but if the incentives were good enough, I might be tempted.

The BIGGER question is will they roll out good sales incentives right away, or wait to see how their sales numbers look for a few months.
What’s usually the gap between incentive deals? Do new ones usually go up the day after the old ones expire?

Does DVC ever adjust prices for direct sales? Or is it always adjusting the incentives? I would like to pick up more points at HHI but can’t wrap my head around their asking price (from a few years ago.) Thanks!!!

Does DVC ever adjust prices for direct sales? Or is it always adjusting the incentives? I would like to pick up more points at HHI but can’t wrap my head around their asking price (from a few years ago.) Thanks!!!
They won't be doing incentives for HHI. Incentives will be for RIV and Aulani probably. If you want more HHI points just get them resale.

I have been trying to get in touch with sales for a few weeks. I also noticed that on their website they have removed the page for both new purchase and add-on incentives (i.e. $1,000 off for 200 points).

I know it's wishful thinking but I'd love it if the lowered the minimum points back to 75 for the blue card. Could be an incentive for more people to buy direct.

I am going to being buying my first contract within the next few months and really debating on resale vs. direct. If they lowered it back down to 75 there would be no debate. I would call and get my 75 direct pts. as soon as they announced it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter