Dining with DISers

I couldn’t wait to get to our 7:30 am meeting at the Captain’s Grill as I was very excited to be sharing breakfast with Ninja Mom and her family, and I was going to meet natebenma in person! They are exactly as you would imagine and our breakfast was full of chatter as if we had all been good friends for years. Ninja Mom’s family was all respectfully quiet so that she could regale us with stories. Natebenma is very nice and has her own share of hilarious stories about how she conducts herself in restaurants. I love her sense of humour! (I found myself giggling often when in natebenma’s presence.) And an added bonus to the breakfast was getting to meet HockeyMomR. She is great! It was a highlight of my trip to meet her and her mom and I know we would enjoy spending time together anytime! You can find natebenma’s take on the meal here.

I really enjoyed meeting and spending time with you and MrJanetMom. I appreciated that you laughed at my jokes more than you groaned!

:lmao:

Next up was our Toy Story Fast Pass. Here are our glamour shots.
086low.jpg

088low.jpg

I love these two pictures!

Next we had to stop by the snowman which is a photo stop for us on every trip. We were missing our son this time. You can see more of my husband (in what has become his uniform for DHS) and our son in my last trip report (you will need to scroll down.) It was sad to not have our son with us at this moment. In comparing shots, I also see that they changed the tree in front of Pizza Planet.

090low.jpg

But I love this one even more, with your husband's arm around your absent son.

You win best expression in vehicle!

:scared1:

This is the Industrial sized grey Goose Slushie mixing machine for the fantasy suite at the Beach Club resort.What did I win?
~NM

:thumbsup2

Oh my goodness I missed some yummy breakfast food that morning! Although, I was so happy to squeeze in a quick cup of coffee and meet you! Was a pleasure.

Rebecca

Next time we are at the World at the same time we'll be sure to schedule some more time together!

Ahem! I know those two were a lot of fun but I was thinking I WAS YOUR FAVORITE!!! ;)

This is the Industrial sized grey Goose Slushie mixing machine for the fantasy suite at the Beach Club resort.What did I win?

~NM

If we are measuring by time spent together, you were definitely my favourite. ;)

And oh how I wish that was the industrial sized slushie machine. That would have been amazing!

It looks like you had a lovely view of the roof and I'm going to guess that this was one of the roof vents, possibly from a restaurant kitchen.

Ding, ding, ding! Yes indeed, that was part of our "lovely" roof view.

That breakfast looks like so much fun:goodvibes Love that you scheduled so many meets to coincide with your dining plans.

I'm sure there were many moments when you missed your son - I know we found it strange the first time we holidayed without our eldest and we still had the younger 2 to keep us company;)

Eating together really was a great way to get to know everyone. I enjoyed all of our dining experiences.

While we did miss our son, it was also a great trip with just the two of us. I think two people can move around so much more freely than three people.

I really enjoyed meeting and spending time with you and MrJanetMom. I appreciated that you laughed at my jokes more than you groaned!

You win best expression in vehicle!

:scared1:

I was definitely laughing with you (and occasionally at you.)

That emoticon accurately captures how I felt on ToT! :scared1:

I don't think you are as introverted as you say you are. ;)

Let me tell ya... get 6 or 8 Sunken Treasures in that women and she'll swing from the chandeliers for ya. There may have been an unfortunate incident surrounding a vat of Grey Goose Slushies and a goosing of Donald Duck. Then again there may not have been.... and that's just a tawdry internet rumor.

~NM

Janet- good thing you are moving along at a decent pace on this report. When I start slacking on my reports ~Ninja posts her own chapters.

:rotfl2:

Let me tell ya... get 6 or 8 Sunken Treasures in that women and she'll swing from the chandeliers for ya. There may have been an unfortunate incident surrounding a vat of Grey Goose Slushies and a goosing of Donald Duck. Then again there may not have been.... and that's just a tawdry internet rumor.

~NM

I'm fine with a regular sized GGS, or even up to 5 Sunken Treasures, but once I hit 6 or 8, the whole "and everything" starts to happen.

Janet- good thing you are moving along at a decent pace on this report. When I start slacking on my reports ~Ninja posts her own chapters.

I have consciously chosen to post my recent updates while NM is down at WDW so she doesn't have time to take the report over with her own chapters. So far it seems to be working, other than the fact that she tries to start internet rumours.

You two are so lucky I am otherwise occupied driving myself to exhaustion with a Disney trip! Rumors and innuendo are about all I have the energy for right now!

~NM

You are much less terrified in your photo than I am. My eyes are squeezed tightly shut and DH is laughing at me

In honour of Halloween I’m posting a horror story, also known as our room view.

As I said earlier, I loved this room. It was so spacious and the layout had the dresser and bathroom around the corner from the bed area which was really nice when one person was getting ready and the other was still lounging in bed or napping.

We had booked a magical vacation travel agent deal so I knew we booked Standard View with no chance of a pixie dust upgrade. This was fine with us. The deal was great and we were willing to sacrifice the view and balcony for this trip. If we wanted a lake or garden view we could have booked that, but this trip was booked Standard View.

We did have two Juliet style balconies which was nice, but both had horrible views. Worse than the views, was the proximity to roof vents which were louder than I would have thought. They were loud enough that we would not have left the balcony doors open while sleeping. At home we have a balcony off our bedroom and we sleep almost year round with the balcony door open, or at least the window wide open (and we live in Canada!). We usually only close all our windows tight for a few weeks in the heart of winter – the rest of the year we are used to open air. All that said, given the brutally hot August temperatures, there is no way we would have slept with the doors open as it was just too hot at night and we needed the A/C break from the heat. So if this was a February trip I would have been disappointed not to keep the doors open, but given that it was a HOT August trip we were fine with leaving the doors closed and ignoring the views. Let’s get on with the pictures…

View from the balcony on the left of the room.

108low.jpg

109low.jpg

View from the balcony on the right of the room.

105low.jpg

107low.jpg

106low.jpg

Bonus view – if you lean over the one balcony and look to the right, there were fireworks!

416low.jpg

421low.jpg

As I look back on these pictures I'm thinking, the view isn't that bad. I'd happily look out on the view some more knowing that the world of Disney is just on the other side of those trees!

Well that’s enough for today… here’s a photo hint at what I’ll talk about in my next update.

115preview.jpg

~NM

This post almost got me in trouble at work...I bust out laughing!

Not the worst view for a standard but not the best either. Glad you didnt need to keep the doors open :)
Finally a photo hint I recognize (I hope)-Grey Goose slushies in France :cool1:
What does that say about me that I recognize the alcoholic photos!! :lmao:

Not the worst view for a standard but not the best either. Glad you didnt need to keep the doors open :)
Finally a photo hint I recognize (I hope)-Grey Goose slushies in France :cool1:
What does that say about me that I recognize the alcoholic photos!! :lmao:

It says we are all part of the same club. Oh for a GGS right now! Love them.

Yup. Pretty crappy view.

But at least it was out of the way and really hard to get to.

Do you have a room number for that thing?

You know what's coming next... can you add this to the view thread or give me permission to?

Yes, the view in the next update looks much more promising.

:cool1:

Yup. Pretty crappy view.

But at least it was out of the way and really hard to get to.

Do you have a room number for that thing?

You know what's coming next... can you add this to the view thread or give me permission to?

Yes, the view in the next update looks much more promising.

:cool1:

Oh Dee, you should know me better than that. I've already added it to the room view thread. All you have to do is add the link to the post that notes the different rooms.

It is room 3726.

Janet - I"m scared - lovely view. Wow nice rooftop. At least you had a glimpse of the fireworks.

Rebecca

I much prefer this roof top view to the overgrown Jungle view I had a few years back at the Beach Club. At least with this view I can sneak over the balcony at night and scare the living BeJesus out of the other resort guests as I run from room to room along the roof top, howling and nekked. With the jungle view you are simply on the fast track for a date with the sidewalk below if you hop over the balcony.

Also keep in mind that you can stop those roof vents from spinning with a giant stick borrowed from the jungle view section. ;) The huge piles of jungle detritus in that section are a testament to the years of neglect experienced by the yard areas at this resort. Yeah sure Cape May will probably reek if those vents aren't working but more of that stinky crab leg aroma will go a long way in luring the Old Country Buffet crowd to that overpriced seafood buffet.

~NM, who is a marketing GENIUS!

We had a room in that section, too, third floor right above that huge roof. But I think our room was a little closer to the center. The only good thing about it was that is was very quiet there.

I much prefer this roof top view to the overgrown Jungle view I had a few years back at the Beach Club. At least with this view I can sneak over the balcony at night and scare the living BeJesus out of the other resort guests as I run from room to room along the roof top, howling and nekked. With the jungle view you are simply on the fast track for a date with the sidewalk below if you hop over the balcony.

Also keep in mind that you can stop those roof vents from spinning with a giant stick borrowed from the jungle view section. ;) The huge piles of jungle detritus in that section are a testament to the years of neglect experienced by the yard areas at this resort. Yeah sure Cape May will probably reek if those vents aren't working but more of that stinky crab leg aroma will go a long way in luring the Old Country Buffet crowd to that overpriced seafood buffet.

And...

She's back!!!

:cheer2:

And...

She's back!!!

:cheer2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm back but "barely"... (Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck...)

I'm busy planning a second trip back to Pop Century with Nannette, who is my partner in crime. I needed a second opinion as to whether all the construction at the Beach Club is interfering with my sleep at Pop so I felt the need to drag Nannette down and have her give a listen. If you see police reports complaining of two women streaking Nekked around Pop during the wee hours of the morning and shimmying up to the room doors to give a listen it will be us!

We are working on the schedule and we will surely 'pop' in to the Beach Club to give Teena a hug on Monday the 17th of November.

~NM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter