Dining Rotations Will No Longer Be Shown on DCL Key To The World Cards

I thought you couldn't use the KTTW card? I don't want to use my phone either. I was wondering if I could use my Ipod instead.
That is my understanding on the KTTW card. But if enough people object, they could switch back.

That is my understanding on the KTTW card. But if enough people object, they could switch back.
Good luck with that I don't see DCL or any cruise line going back from putting things on their apps just because a few people object to it. Keep in mind that people who post on the Dis do not represent the majority of travellers to either WDW or DCL. Everything in the world is changing more and more companies are developing apps or shifting away from printing things out.

Good luck with that I don't see DCL or any cruise line going back from putting things on their apps just because a few people object to it. Keep in mind that people who post on the Dis do not represent the majority of travellers to either WDW or DCL. Everything in the world is changing more and more companies are developing apps or shifting away from printing things out.
Well, the same was said years ago when people here complained that soda was not included. "They'll never do away with the soda pass". And guess what, Disney listened.

Last edited:

Well, the same was said years ago when people here complained that soda was not included. "They'll never do away with the soda passed". And guess what, Disney listened.
There's a big difference between that and Key to the world cards and I would be willing to bet that there are more people who don't care about it as much as a small minority of people on a message board do. Don't forget about all of the people who wanted them to keep the adventures club or the ones who were against Starbucks in the parks neith of them happened.

There's a big difference between that and Key to the world cards and I would be willing to bet that there are more people who don't care about it as much as a small minority of people on a message board do. Don't forget about all of the people who wanted them to keep the adventures club or the ones who were against Starbucks in the parks neith of them happened.
I'll have to take your word on those because I know nothing about the Adventures club of Starbucks. But history says different.

I'll have to take your word on those because I know nothing about the Adventures club of Starbucks. But history says different.
Ok. Things change we need to except them for example years ago they used to put a ticket in your stateroom that had your dinning information on should they bring those back too? I don't really get why this is such a big deal to some people. I understand not everyone wants to have a phone on them all the time but unfortunately that's the way things are moving and more people use their phones more than other people do.

I don't really get why this is such a big deal to some people. I understand not everyone wants to have a phone on them all the time but unfortunately that's the way things are moving and more people use their phones more than other people do.
Well, with a KTTW card I'm not risking damaging a $1,000 phone if it gets wet, etc.

There’s a simple fix to this. Bring a sharpie and write the rotation on the card?!? Or write it on a post-it that you stick on your cabin wall or mirror?

There’s a simple fix to this. Bring a sharpie and write the rotation on the card?!? Or write it on a post-it that you stick on your cabin wall or mirror?

Surely an even simpler solution was to leave it on the key where it has been for years? The printer was already set up to do this and there is no cost saving for changing it as still needs the ink etc.

Surely an even simpler solution was to leave it on the key where it has been for years? The printer was already set up to do this and there is no cost saving for changing it as still needs the ink etc.

To me it sounds like they are going department by department. First retail and now food and beverage. Its not so much as having the printer set up to print on the cards, more likely that it is an internal operations change, which results in the dining rotations being removed from the printing template settings for the KTTW cards.

Okay, we take the dining rotation off cards, we show a three dining rotation on the evaluation forms, and we increase the number of cruisers being put on the ships without putting in more tables In the MDRs. Sounds like we might be going to a “my time” dining situation like on other cruise lines. Anybody else thinking this way?

Okay, we take the dining rotation off cards, we show a three dining rotation on the evaluation forms, and we increase the number of cruisers being put on the ships without putting in more tables In the MDRs. Sounds like we might be going to a “my time” dining situation like on other cruise lines. Anybody else thinking this way?
I don't think so - one of the big draws for DCL is that you have the same dining room team every night. That would not happen with open seating dining. I was told by a cast member that the three seating times are for when they increase capacity but still have to maintain social distancing.

Just think of people outside of your work group that don’t have the phone skills you work mate’s have. I’ll bet you know a person that doesn’t know how to take a photo, add an entry into their contacts, never put email (my father doesn’t even have email) on their phone because it was too difficult.
I’m going to say it’s cheaper and more cost-effective for them to print SOME paper instead of having somebody constantly trying to teach the digitally challenged individuals how to use their own phone. Otherwise if they’re going to teach some of my family members how to use their own phone, the cruise is more than worth it! But honestly I don’t think they have a cruise long enough to accomplish that! Lol

To me it sounds like they are going department by department. First retail and now food and beverage. Its not so much as having the printer set up to print on the cards, more likely that it is an internal operations change, which results in the dining rotations being removed from the printing template settings for the KTTW cards.

This is exactly what I was going to say. It seems as thought they are looking for ways to reduce their use of printer ink on board (No printed daily navigators, removing the Dining rotation info from the KTTW) which can save a TON of money. If the information is easily accessible in the app, there is no reason to have it on the cards. Removing the extra info also makes the cards print quicker I'm sure. When you are printing 1000+ room keys at a time, Its sure to help reduce the costs and labor needed.

I didn't miss the information when we sailed on the Fantasy a few weeks ago. Its not something that I'll worry about moving forward.

I hope I’m not misunderstanding- when we are aboard our navigator app adds our dining location and time and table number for each night? So we will know when we sail where we eat each night on the cruise?

We are going on our first cruise next April. We are from Canada and afraid to be dinged for roaming charges. This is my two cents regarding going all tech all the time- one word "metrics". Same reason every internet site wants you to register, places cookies, asks for your email address. Disney brought in magic bands to track your coming and going. When you arrive, what you do each minute of the day what you buy, where and what you eat. It's not that they care about me, Kelly, personally. They just want to know all that stuff about what I do and how I do it. They collect terabytes of data on every guest and base their next plans on that. I accept it (from Disney anyway) and learned to love big brother. If I want to shop Amazon, they are going to track everything I buy, when I buy it, how often I look at it before I buy.........you get the picture. Now we are going to carry our phones around, the Disney Nav app wants access to our contacts, our files our location, our this and that. Metrics, metrics. Loss of privacy is the price we pay for convenience. End of conspiracy theory speech.

We are going on our first cruise next April. We are from Canada and afraid to be dinged for roaming charges. This is my two

One of the first things we do when we get on board [or at least definitely before sail away] is to set the phone up for the cruise. I often doing it while sitting having lunch; everyone in our party does it together and that helps us remember everything to do. I also bring a cheat sheet to help remember what to do. There are a range of settings you'll probably want to adjust, e.g. background app refresh and others. Once all of those are done, then I turn to the cellular data/wifi settings:

For preventing roaming charges: Go into the "cellular data" setting on your phone. Turn OFF "data roaming". Then turn off cellular data itself. These two settings being turned off means your phone will not use cellular data. If you only do this though it could still connect to the 'cellular at sea' network and send/receive voice calls or text messages. To avoid those, you need to be in "Airplane Mode" which turns off the cellular entirely. I don't do Airplane Mode alone, because it is easy accidentally turn it off and then your cellular is back on - which is why I turn off the data roaming and cellular data -- if I accidentally get the phone out of Airplane Mode, the phone still can't use cellular data until I turn that back on, which you can't really accidentally do. Yes, it could receive a call or text, but as soon as I get the first one I will realize i am out of airplane mode and turn it back on. And we have a rule to not answer any voice calls since we know receiving them is $$$ and means we turned airplane mode off.

For preventing any cellular being used turn on Airplane Mode. Then, you can turn back on JUST wi-fi so that you are able to connect to the ship's wi-fi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter