Dining Rotations Will No Longer Be Shown on DCL Key To The World Cards

Kennywood

Kennywood
Beginning Friday, October 1st, guest dining rotations will no longer be printed on Key To The World cards. The dining rotation is displayed on my card below as ERRA which means that we had dinner at Enchanted Garden our first night, Royal Palace our second and third nights, and Animator’s Palate our last night. Well, we actually had dinner at Palo on our third night, but that’s a story for another article.

Once onboard the ship, guests will be encouraged to check the My Plans section of their Disney Cruise Line (DCL) Navigator app for all dinner details, including their restaurant rotation, arrival time, table number, menus, and recommended attire.

When guests arrive for dinner, servers will recommend that they have their app open so they are able to quickly and easily take the guests to their table. On our cruise on the Disney Dream last week, when we approached the restaurants’ entrances, we were simply asked for our table number.

Guests with questions or those who are unable to access the app may visit Guest Services or any dining location to speak with a Crew Member for assistance.

Source: DCLfan.com

It doesn’t really matter to me I guess, but I do wonder why the change? I also wonder if the kttw cards aren’t going to disappear altogether.

I usually don't carry my phone in the evening.

Change, there's always change I guess.

Beginning Friday, October 1st, guest dining rotations will no longer be printed on Key To The World cards. The dining rotation is displayed on my card below as ERRA which means that we had dinner at Enchanted Garden our first night, Royal Palace our second and third nights, and Animator’s Palate our last night. Well, we actually had dinner at Palo on our third night, but that’s a story for another article.

View attachment 608474
I was on the same cruise as you and had the same dining rotation however had 1st seating. I had table 67 so I believe we had the same service team Levent and Jacinto.

I'm trying to figure out why. I mean, is it really such a hardship to print the letters on the card? Just wondering where the benefit is for DCL here. The benefit for guests is that we have the information in multiple places we can reference. More info is usually better, right? Especially when it literally costs them NOTHING. They're already printing the card.

You are going to need your phone pretty much all the time. The menus in restaurants and lounges are QR codes you pull up on your phone. The daily schedule is on the app. You can text guest services. You can check your bill and also add gratuities. It’s super convenient.

Convenience for one is an annoyance for another.

I have a smart phone for work. I loathe the thing. When I go on vacation, I want to be as far away from the phone as possible. (If I could get away with chucking it into the ocean, I'd try to go for distance.)

It's not too hard to figure out once you know where you are the first night. What thisnhas me questioning is the reason behind it? Unless they are moving to more flexible dining? It seems a strange thing to just suddenly remove after over 20 years!

It doesn’t really matter to me I guess, but I do wonder why the change? I also wonder if the kttw cards aren’t going to disappear altogether.

This is my guess. The dining rotation is now the second thing removed from the KTTW card. The first thing was not showing it for ordering drinks. They now just ask you for your stateroom number and the receipt shows up in the App.

Other than using it to open your room and get on and off the ship, guests are not needing to use it as much as they did before.

Ive been watching other cruise line vlogs since cruises restarted. There defiantly seems to be a move away from single use plastic room cards.

My guess is that DCL is gradually moving to replace the single use plastic KTTW card with a reusable wearable tech. They are already using this for the kids clubs, so my guess is that DCL will eventually use this for all passengers. On other cruise lines, all passengers wear a Magic Band, which is used for everything, opening the room door, scanning on and off the ship, shopping, upcharge drinks etc etc.

It would be nice to have a large marquee near elevators to show daily schedules (i.e. dining, activities, characters, shore times, special announcements). This would give those who really want to unstrap from their phone to have a real uninterrupted vacation. I hope DCL reads these threads!

Last edited:
It would be nice to have a large marquee near elevators to show daily schedules (i.e. dining, activities, characters, shore times, special announcements). This would give those who really want to unstrap from their phone have a real uninterrupted vacation. I hope DCL reads these threads!
Maybe they would do that post-covid measures. Right now, they avoid anything that might cause people to gather/linger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter