Dining Reviews Sep 2008 & Feb 2009 Update 8/13 - Complete!

Thanks for the update and I'm goint to miss reading your reviews but can't wait for your next one. I have truely enjoyed reading your food review. Now, you need to scrapbook your trip before your next one. I love to scrapbook too...I use CM.
I am so far behind on my scrapbooking, it's insane. Six trips since 2005, and I really only have a good amount of pages done for the first three trips. I did get a whole bunch of scrapbooking stuff for my birthday and Chirstmas this year, and mostly Disney embellishments and such, but haven't gotten into any of it since I've moved.

I had finished eating breakfast around 11:00 AM. I had a late lunch scheduled, but at MGM the day before they had been advertising an American Idol premiere party for today. I had asked a CM about it, and they said there was going to be a parade with all the past winners of the show, as well as other contestents, and if I wanted to see it, to be there no more then two hours early.

The parade was at 4:00, so there was no way I could go to my lunch as late as it was, so I decided, even though I had really just finished breakfast, to try and get seated at 12:15. I was able to get seated right away, but talk about not being hungry at all. But I also really didn't want to cancel the ADR, since Tutto Italia was the one new restaurant I was trying this trip.

As I said I was seated at 12:15. The dining room is very large, and seems very fancy compared to other dining rooms in Epcot, except perhaps to Chefs. I don't have my server's name from that day written down, but it was a younger gentleman, and he was very nice.

I was served a large bread basket.

973.jpg

What I tried of the bread was good, but I only ate about half a slice of one of the pieces, and one of the breadsticks. I love having olive oil to dip bread in, and I actually prefer that to butter most of the time. The olives I did not try.

I also had a diet Coke here, as always, though I have to say it tasted very strange to me. I'm not sure what was with it, but it did not taste like diet Coke. It didn't taste like regular Coke either, it tasted very Pepsish to me.

For my appetizer I had the prosciutto di parma.

975.jpg

I ordered this because I knew I didn't want something that heavy, and this seemed like a good choice. There was an insane amount of prosciutto to the portion, (though it was a good amount considering what the cost would've been out-of-pocket.) It was very good prosciutto, though I could only eat about half of it since I can only eat so much prosciutto at once. There was some canatloupe underneath it all, though I found that to be pretty unripe, with a lot of green from the rind still on it.

For my entree I had a stuffed chicken breast. (Tutto Italia is one of the only menus I didn't keep from my trips, and I can't find this on any of the menus online for an actual description.)

976.jpg

The chicken was stuffed with, I want to say prosciutto, greens, (perhaps spinach,) and cheese, (maybe mozzerella.) It was very good, I wish I had been hungrier. It was tasty, and the chicked was nice and moist without being undercooked.

It was served with mashed potatoes that were good, the greens I did not like however, since they had a bitter taste to them.

For dessert I ordered a lemon cream topped with strawberries since it sounded light and refreshing.

981.jpg

This was so good, and I actually managed to eat all of it.

Of course I was still wearing my birthday button, and my server had noticed it, since they also brought out this.

979.jpg

Okay, if I ever go to Disney for my birthday with the deluxe plan again, I am not going to wear my button to the restaurants. :laughing: This was the chocolate torta, which is a chocolate and hazelnut torte and raspberry sauce.

Although it was very good, it was very rich and heavy, which is exactly the opposite of what I was in the mood for. Still, it was a free dessert, so who's complaining? ;)

Overall I really liked the food at Tutto, and I would return, but like all other restaurants, it's becoming harder and harder to make room for all the ones I like in my intinerary.

brilliant review of TI. :thumbsup2 I am looking forward to dining there!

WOW- the size of your steak at Yachtsman :worship:I love mashed taters as well so I think your substitution was a wise move :thumbsup2

great review of tutto even though you were stuffed! :) mmmm prosciuttto...I could probably eat pounds of it in one sitting and then I"d complain all day about how bloated I was lol. Were the greens on the side of the chicken broccoli rabe? they have a really bitter taste and I can't stand them. bleh!

brilliant review of TI. :thumbsup2 I am looking forward to dining there!

WOW- the size of your steak at Yachtsman :worship:I love mashed taters as well so I think your substitution was a wise move :thumbsup2
I think mashed potatoes are my favorite basic comfort food, either that or mac and cheese. As much as I love gourmet dining, those are two foods I don't think I'll ever get sick of.

great review of tutto even though you were stuffed! :) mmmm prosciuttto...I could probably eat pounds of it in one sitting and then I"d complain all day about how bloated I was lol. Were the greens on the side of the chicken broccoli rabe? they have a really bitter taste and I can't stand them. bleh!
It seems we have very similar tastes. :goodvibes It could of been broccoli rabe, it's been so long now that I honestly can't remember.

For dessert I had the special "Celebration" dessert, though I know it was on the menu before this year, the ooey gooey toffee cake.

723.jpg

This really reminded me of a bar they have at Starbucks, except this was topped with ice cream and covered with Mickey sprinkles, Starbucks has no Mickey sprinkles. :guilty: LOL. This was so super yummy.

I love the bar at Starbucks!!!!!!!!!! I want one now! :love:

PLEASE tell me the name of the bar at Starbucks!!!!!

I LOVE the ooey gooey toffee cake and would love to try the bar!!!!!:love:

I had no dinner reservations this night due to other stuff going on in the parks, and ended up at Wilderness Lodge around the time I even began to think about eating again.

I stopped at Wilderness Lodge for a drink, and something to cure a case of munchies I was devolping.

I actually got something I had heard about a few trips prior, and have been meaning to try ever since, though never have since I always am headed to Artist Point every time I'm at the Wilderness Lodge.

1111.jpg

This is the pulled pork flatbread, it is topped with coleslaw and arugula. It was very good.

I also had this to drink;

1109.jpg

I have no idea what this is called, if anyone knows, please post. It was fruity, kind of sweet, and I liked it a lot.

I was not 100% focused on food today, and forgot to keep any menus for my collection. Oh well, at least I remembered to take pictures.

I had no dinner reservations this night due to other stuff going on in the parks, and ended up at Wilderness Lodge around the time I even began to think about eating again.

I stopped at Wilderness Lodge for a drink, and something to cure a case of munchies I was devolping.

I actually got something I had heard about a few trips prior, and have been meaning to try ever since, though never have since I always am headed to Artist Point every time I'm at the Wilderness Lodge.

1111.jpg

This is the pulled pork flatbread, it is topped with coleslaw and arugula. It was very good.

I also had this to drink;

1109.jpg

I have no idea what this is called, if anyone knows, please post. It was fruity, kind of sweet, and I liked it a lot.

I was not 100% focused on food today, and forgot to keep any menus for my collection. Oh well, at least I remembered to take pictures.

The flatbread looks awesome. Something a little bit different.

Another great update...we went to Tutto and will be adding to our new restaurant in our December trip. I'm having such a hard time in chosing the restaurnats...for us part of our Disney trip is eating, its part of our downtime especially lunchtime. On the scrapbooking side, I'm doing a digital autograph book for my 4 yr son (I'm taking the past of his 4 trips when he meet different characters).

For dessert I had the special "Celebration" dessert, though I know it was on the menu before this year, the ooey gooey toffee cake.

723.jpg

This really reminded me of a bar they have at Starbucks, except this was topped with ice cream and covered with Mickey sprinkles, Starbucks has no Mickey sprinkles. :guilty: LOL. This was so super yummy.

I love the bar at Starbucks!!!!!!!!!! I want one now! :love:

Can I ask what bar you are talking about in Starbucks??? I will have to try one asap :) thanks :woohoo:

The flatbread looks awesome. Something a little bit different.
It is a little different. The closest thing I can compare it to is the bbq flatbread at Jiko, though this one is less tart, and I actually liked it better.

Another great update...we went to Tutto and will be adding to our new restaurant in our December trip. I'm having such a hard time in chosing the restaurnats...for us part of our Disney trip is eating, its part of our downtime especially lunchtime. On the scrapbooking side, I'm doing a digital autograph book for my 4 yr son (I'm taking the past of his 4 trips when he meet different characters).
I did a digital picture book for my mom as her Christmas present the year we took a trip together. I have combined a few different trips on some pages, like I'm doing two pages for each princess since I have so much princess scrapbook stuff. I'm going to do Tinker Bell pages next I think, since I met Tink and her friends last trip, and I have some cool Tink stuff.

Can I ask what bar you are talking about in Starbucks??? I will have to try one asap :) thanks :woohoo:
I don't know the name of it, but it's a light brown bar with chunks of chocolate and toffee and swirls of caramel. The next time I'm in Starbucks, which knowing me will probably be today or tomorrow, Tuesday at the latest, lol, I'll have to check what it's exact name is.

I'm a big fan of flatbreads. I like the ones at California Grill and Todd English's bluezoo™, and now I want to try the one at the Territory Lounge! :lovestruc

I could eat that flatbread from WL right now. it looks really tasty
I wish I had one right now. There is nothing to eat in my apartment and I am starving.

I'm a big fan of flatbreads. I like the ones at California Grill and Todd English's bluezoo™, and now I want to try the one at the Territory Lounge! :lovestruc
I love the flatbread I had at California Grill in 2006, it was blue cheese, figs, and honey. Yummy!

Mmmmm the chicken from Tutto looks very yummy Thanks for sharing

Mmmmm the chicken from Tutto looks very yummy Thanks for sharing
It was so good. :goodvibes

The bar at Starbucks is simply called a Toffee Bar and it is oh soooooo yummy!
Thank you! I was at Starbucks yesterday, and wanted to check the name, but they didn't have any out.

Thank you! :goodvibes I will def be having a Toffee Bar with my Frappacino next time :thumbsup2
I think I'll be getting one tonight, if they have it. They always seem to be out of what I want when I'm in the mood for something specific.

As much as I had freaked out about turning 25 and being halfway to 50, there is really no better way to celebrate a birthday then in Disney World. Unfortunatly, my breakfast at Chef Mickey's gets the award (if you want to call it an award,) for worst meal of the trip.

Though it was by no means horrible, and out of all previous worst meals from prior trips, it was probably one of the better ones, and definatly better then my breakfast at Cape May Cafe in September.

My day had started off well. I had made it to the Magic Kingdom from rope drop, and had gotten my birthday gift of $75 to spend, since I already had a MYW ticket. I had gotten a lot done that morning before heading over to the Contemporary for breakfast.

I had eaten at Chef Mickey's once before in 2007 for dinner when I had been in Disney with my mom. We had both enjoyed the dinner, and had thought the service was good and the character interaction had been wonderful.

I was seated ten minutes before my ADR time, so the meal started well, and though I wouldn't say it went completely downhill from there, a lot of things were lacking.

First of all, I was seated by the kitchen door, and while that didn't bother me, the fact that piles of dirty dishes were in my face as I ate did. Not to mention the broom and dustpan left on the floor in the dining room, that is cleary visiable in all my pictures.

The characters that day were Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto. One of them, I think it was Minnie, saw my birthday button and shirt, and got all excited about it. But that was all the recognition I got for it being my birthday. Not that I minded not getting another free dessert, I just find it ironic that I had been getting free desserts and other little extras for a few days, and then on my actual bithday, when I was not only wearing the button, but a shirt that said "it's my birthday," my birthday was ignored.

The service was lacking. My server, Linda, seemed nice enough, but was somewhat unattentive, and it took me awhile to get my drink, and for plates to be cleared.

The food was good, though not as good as Tusker House and Crystal Palace's breakfast buffets, which are still the best two breakfast buffets on property IMO. (Though I haven't tried Boma for breakfast yet, I'm sure that one would be high on my list.)

1164.jpg

I had French toast, a pancake, eggs, bacon, vegetable lasagna, roasted potatoes, and cheesy potatoes. The French toast, pancake, bacon, eggs, and roasted potatoes were fine, nothing to complain about, nothing to really say about either. The cheesy potatoes I did not like, they had a very fake cheese taste to them. The vegetable lasagna was the only thing I really liked on the plate. It was layers of tortilla, eggs, cheese, and summery garden vegetables.

1170.jpg

On my second plate I had some more vegetable lasagna, breakfast pizza, a cheese blintz with blueberry sauce, and a brownie. A brownie at breakfast? Yeah well, I'm on vacation, it's my brithday and I'm old! I need chocolate. The pizza was decent, I like CP's and even Pop's better though. The blintz was good, though like most of the food, nothing remarkable.

1172.jpg

Blueberry yogurt with assorted toppings. And I do realize I have a tiny amount of yogurt with a lot of toppings, but I really liked the toppings by themselves.

The peaches and strawberries were standard buffet-fare, open up a can, and dump them into a bowl, especially the peaches. The strawberries were pretty good though. The apples were in some kind of cinnamon cream, with a streusel topping and were really good. I could've eaten a whole plate full just of them.

I don't think I'd do Chef Mickey's for breakfast again. There's just so many better options out there, and I like dinner there better anyway.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience in CM...we went there for my son actually 3rd birthday and they forgot it...I told them when we checked inbut the server did not make a comment. But at Tusker House (not on his offcially b-day) the server made such a big deal for him...gave him a cupcake, cake and let him blow the candles 3 times b/c she said to represent each year. He loved it. Last year Tusker house and Boma was our favorite breakfast buffet. When we went to Chef Mickey dinner it was not good food and I was hoping the breakfast buffet was better. My son asked if we go here again and I was hoping for a better experience than we had last year.
Thanks for your update. What are you dates for Dec trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter