Dining Plan vs. Tables of Wonderland??

amv1605

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to figure out the best way to save money on the Dining Plan ...

First of all, I am now an Annual PassHolder so I don't qualify for the Free Meal Plan :( Sad, I know - But also understand!

So is it cheaper to buy a Tables in Wonderland card or Pay for the Dining Plan separate ... ?? If I'm not mistaking the Tables in Wonderland card gets Your entire party 20% off of Your check, but also automatically charges 18% Gratuity no matter the party size. I'm thinking that the Dining Plan may be the cheaper option ... Looking for other opinions!

Also, I don't want to cheat the system or anything --- But ::
We have a ressie for OKW via Renting DVC points for December 15-18th, If I added an extra day for the 14th and booked it straight through Disney at lets say the Contemporary + One day tickets for everyone in the party would I then qualify for the Free Dining Plan the entire time of My trip -- or just that one day???

From my stock answers file:

As a personal opinion, if you qualify for the purchase of a Tables In Wonderland (TIW) card, it's probably a better option. The savings will probably be as good (within some margin of error) as any of the dining plans and there is more flexibility and less commitment involved, although you will need to use the TIW card enough to justify its cost. There are also some dining plan locations that don't take TIW (and vice-versa)​

On your other question, no, the one-night reservation would only get you the dining plan for that night (credits to be used on the days surrounding that night).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter