Dining Plan Issue

threedisprincesses

Mouseketeer
I know the DDP rules are anyone staying in the rom must have the dining plan. We are staying in a DVC 2 bedroom and have an adult coming for a few days (We are staying for a week). My family (5 people) are purchasing the dining package, but I am wondering about the person staying for only two days? Has anyone ever delt with this issue? Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks-

I know the DDP rules are anyone staying in the rom must have the dining plan. We are staying in a DVC 2 bedroom and have an adult coming for a few days (We are staying for a week). My family (5 people) are purchasing the dining package, but I am wondering about the person staying for only two days? Has anyone ever delt with this issue? Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks-

:welcome:

That adult (or any person) on your reservation has to be on the same meal plan. If the person coming in wishes to participate in Extra Magic Hours or Magical Express he/she must be on your reservation.

Yes, they do insist that all people on your reservation be on the meal plan. This is to ensure that guests do not share meal plan credits rather than pay for the plan for each person. So, your 2-day guest will need to be listed on your reservation, which will mean you will have to pay for the DDP for every day of your stay for them.

You do have a couple of options. You can either choose not to list your guest on your reservation. This will mean that he/she will not have a room key and will not be able to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours.

Your other option is to pay for his/her DDP for all of your days and then use the extra credits among the rest of you. You could either use them for some 2-credit signature restaurants or have an extra meal or two over the course of your trip. DDP credits are pooled so all of your KTTW cards will be able to access them. Save the credits for your guest's nights and then use the rest up as you choose.

I do what MouseMomx2 suggests. I always add my niece to my room and get the dining plan for her. (She lives in the Orlando area). She eats most dinners and quite a few counter services meals with me. When she cannot do that, I just go to a signature meal :goodvibes or have a nice breakfast.;)

Cindy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter