different ages together?

Pammy jo

DIS Veteran
I will have a 3 yr old, 5 and 7 yr old when we cruise this fall. Do they all go into the same room and are just separated by ages there or will the 3 yr old not see the other two at all? Do they eat or watch movies together?

All three of your children will be in the Oceaneer's Club but the youngest will be in a different group (3 & 4 years olds). There are times when both groups will be doing the same activity in the same place and other times when they will be in different locations on the ship. You can check out the kids' navigators at www.dcltribute.com to get an example of their schedules. Just click on Navigators and follow the links from there.

I too have a 3 and 5 and am worried about the same thing. I've been told on this board that the crew might let my 5 stay in the 3 yr old group if I ask.

I really want the 3 -2 weeks til 4- to be able to go with the 5's b/c ALL the cousins will be in there, but I doubt that will happen.

The counselors are very accomodating. My kids were 4 and 7, and the 7 year old wanted to go to the lab (for 8 and up) as she was very near her birthday, but we were concerned about her 4 year old brother in the club. They allowed both of them to stay together and float back and forth between the 2 areas - as long as the yonger one was "mature" enough for the big kid room, which he was, they said this was not a problem.

The 3-4 year old section does a lot of fun stuff, and my 7/8 year old had as much fun there as in the lab with the big kids.

Originally posted by 2xcruiser
The counselors are very accomodating. My kids were 4 and 7, and the 7 year old wanted to go to the lab (for 8 and up) as she was very near her birthday, but we were concerned about her 4 year old brother in the club. They allowed both of them to stay together and float back and forth between the 2 areas - as long as the yonger one was "mature" enough for the big kid room, which he was, they said this was not a problem.

The 3-4 year old section does a lot of fun stuff, and my 7/8 year old had as much fun there as in the lab with the big kids.

I have a 5 and an 8 y.o. and ours wanted to stay together, too. We had them both stay in the club but we were told that the 8 y.o. could go to the lab to see if she liked it or come back but could only switch once not back and forth many times. Basically just for accountability reasons. (they wanted to make sure where she was). This was on Feb '04 cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter