• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did a CM just drop me a big hint??

I agree CMs don't know everything, I feel they sometimes just say what you want to hear.. Years ago when I wasn't Disney experienced and didn't know how park hoppers worked the one CM booking our trip said I could save money by buying extra days instead of park hoppers and use those extra days to get into another park during the same day. This was not true and we were not allowed to use additions day tickets to "park hop". I was so mad that I believed him. And wasted time and money etc..

It really doesn't make sense for such a family friendly resort to not guarantee a large family with younger children to be connected. The last time we traveled our oldest was 13. If you are travelling as a family and the children are under 18, you ought to be able to be connected...period. They wouldn't let a 16 book their own room...now would they???

Problem is there are not an unlimited number. If they have 50 pairs and 100 families want them, what happens? I don't think they keep a running total of how many reservations were guaranteed plus there can be issues with room assignments, for example a maintenance issue.

They wouldn't let a 16 year old book their own room...but with two adults, you can have one adult in each room if necessary. Even if your intent was for the adults to share their own room.

They'll do it if they can but there is an outside possibility that they will not have enough connecting rooms for everybody, for whatever reason. They wont' move other guests to provide a connecting room for someone just checking in.

It really doesn't make sense for such a family friendly resort to not guarantee a large family with younger children to be connected. The last time we traveled our oldest was 13. If you are travelling as a family and the children are under 18, you ought to be able to be connected...period. They wouldn't let a 16 book their own room...now would they???

we are usually traveling with our kids and have always had to do 2 room, that being said it has always been said that the room would be connecting due to the ages of the kids and that they must put one adult in each room(even the last trip when I had one of my kids that was 18) even with this next trip, my dd will be 18 but they stillsplit the family to get the connecting rooms(could get by with 1 room, but girls need their space) still hoping for some kind of discount.....

We have the Storybook UOC--called last night to ask a question and ending up booking BECAUSE....the CM heavily insinuated that free dining offer will be coming out for my travel dates 6/12-6/18. (I actually told him we were willing to book any week from 6/12 to 6/26.)

I heavily questioned, and he answered willingly...but not confirming, because we all know they can't. I don't recall free dining in the summer recently...which I mentioned, and I also mentioned since the 'Awaken' deal was recently released and was good for the most of the summer, I didn't expect to see another deal come out. He highly encouraged me to get the rooms we wanted so that I could call back to change to the free dining...then he would correct himself and say 'if' there is free dining. He let it slip at first indicating this would come out March/April time period...but when I questioned again to make sure, he said just to keep checking regularly.

Should I believe it??? :confused3 I did go ahead and hold our rooms. We are a family of 6 and that by itself creates issues. Using my UOC, the price came up significantly higher than what I had seen on line. If the dining comes off, he gave me what the price would be, and I'm right back to what I had priced anyway...which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

There were not any standard rooms, so he booked water view, plus did the DDP so that I can make dining reservations now...and if free dining becomes available I can just pay the upgrade. When I priced on my own, we were only doing quick svc, standard room...but the price was a LOT cheaper...more than what the differences in the upgrades accounted for. I'm not as happy as I should be after booking because I'm afraid we will end up cancelling if I can't get our price down.:(

We will more than likely change resorts to save some $$.

I really can't imagine that free dining is going to be offered over the summer. Maybe that offer where they give 1 meal for free, but I can't imagine the regular free dining will be offered. Having said that, the bounce back from last year did list a week in June (I think it was 6/4-6/11 - not positive on the dates) so I could see them offering that to the general public, but I can't imagine all of summer or really anything more than that week.

There is a summer dining package offer which works out to one free QS meal a day (this is not traditional free dining).

Because of the age of my children, and only 2 adults, I have been told that connecting is guaranteed...we've done it before.

My UOC offers up a pretty good deal regardless. Once I switched back to quick service and standard room, I'm right where I want to be!

You said that you heavily questioned the CM, so the odds of you leading the CM to what you wanted to hear were increasing.

Connecting rooms are never a guaranteed option. WHile Disney tries very hard to honor the request...and you have that experience to show that this is true, there is no way that they can tell ahead of time that this will be the case. You have an option in the event that the request cannot be honored...one adult in each room, so no children are alone. Disney requires an adult on each reservation.

Free dining the first week of June has occurred in the past. Not sure what the actual dates for free dining were but it allowed us to check in and stay the first week of June since as long as you check in on a free dining day your entire stay is free dining.

If you have the UOC they won't allow you to "stack" on free-dining. You will get one offer or the other but not both. So it's skeptical that he would urge you to take up this UOC then call back to add free-dining....Disney never allows "double coupons". One offer or the other keep that in mind. And I hope you can find a package and deal that works for you!!

Free dining the first week of June has occurred in the past.

For the general public in the US, only in 2011, and then only if you checked in June 1-3. (Not counting bouncebacks and PIN offers - just for the general public)

Because of the age of my children, and only 2 adults, I have been told that connecting is guaranteed...we've done it before.

My UOC offers up a pretty good deal regardless. Once I switched back to quick service and standard room, I'm right where I want to be!

I don't believe they ever promise rooms that connect. Even if you have young children, they will tell you to put one adult in each room. Problem solved.

There are 2 adults, one can stay in each room.

When FD comes out it is a package on it's own, it's not like they just flip a switch on your reservation and make it Free Dining. There has to be a FD package availability at your resort and your category ... otherwise you will be changing to another to get it. So for him to tell you all you have to do is call back and upgrade is not correct. And agree, no stacking of discounts ... Free Dining means you pay full price for your room and everyone has to get (based on last years) at least a 2 day ticket with Hopper or WP&M option.

You don't even have to be staying at Disney to make ADRs. At this point in time anyone can book without any hotel booked anywhere.

Given you got a few pieces of bad info, I would absolutely just book what you are prepared to receive and pay for without any other discounts. And agree with PPs, connecting rooms are not guaranteed. I think hotels will try but you have to be prepared to split up.

For the general public in the US, only in 2011, and then only if you checked in June 1-3. (Not counting bouncebacks and PIN offers - just for the general public)

When we went in May of 2011 we had Free Dining for our whole trip. We checked in on May 27th on a general public offer. It was over Memorial Day weekend which is unheard of nowadays, but the economy was so bad back then.

That's normal for free dining. But if you were checking in during June, it had to be only on those 3 days. You couldn't check in June 4 and get free dining. But if you checked in June 3 you could potentially have had free dining up to June 17. Anybody arriving after June 3 was not eligible. And those dates have not been part of the offer since 2011.

That's normal for free dining. But if you were checking in during June, it had to be only on those 3 days. You couldn't check in June 4 and get free dining. But if you checked in June 3 you could potentially have had free dining up to June 17. Anybody arriving after June 3 was not eligible. And those dates have not been part of the offer since 2011.
We were fortunate to go that year too in the Fall, Moderate rooms were $79 or you could get Free Dining. We took the Moderate rooms and broke out even with the Dining.

There are 2 adults, one can stay in each room.

I have stayed at Pop 7 times with my husband and 4 kids and each time they have guaranteed and followed through on connecting rooms. I have stayed one time with me and my 4 children and they guarantee connecting rooms because of that. I am going in June with just myself and 5 children and staying at Pop and the reservation says on it guaranteed connecting rooms.
I am sure mistakes happen at times but in 8 stays I have never had a problem so I wouldn't worry about it.
As for free dining in June--I would be thrilled to add that to my reservation but I wouldn't count on it. I have never seen it in June before.

On the one hand I find it hard to believe that a regular CM would know this super secret information. All these promotions, especially free dining, are closely held secrets. On the other hand, I was very surprised when they included ten days of June in the 2016 free dining bounce back offer. In fact, we have free dining for our June trip because of the free dining bounce back offer that was out last August.
Free dining in mid-June? Not gonna happen. Unless you're in the UK. The only time any dates in June were offered to the general public was in 2011 and the offer expiration date was June 3.

also no such thing as guaranteed connecting, especially with more than one adult.
I think he def hinted. This happened to me last year. She hinted without coming straight out with it. Sure enough i called the week she sufgggested and boom, cut the cost in half. They ended up owing me money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter