DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

We’re booked for this day as well! We have done TSL before, but the recent rope drop pictures terrify me, so this seems like it would be worth it.
That’s pretty much what did it for me, as well. We’re already going to be dealing with a crazy RD at AK. One is enough!

We went to EMM on 3/22, and the hot meals were chilaquiles, avocado toast with eggs, and fried chicken and cronut rings. I took some photos, but they don’t seem to be uploading. I’ll keep trying. On the self-serve bar, they had pastries, cereal (froot loops and Frosted Flakes) yogurt, fruit, and drinks were also self-serve.

Thanks!!!!

I would love to get the first show of the day, but sounds like that most likely won’t happen if we get in line at the very end of the EMM event.

My son did the first show last November. Even with it being in the morning it still felt really warm to be wearing those robes and there wasn’t a whole lot of shade. I can only imagine how hot it will be around lunch time in June! Oh well, we’ll just have to roll with it when there!

Yeah that’s the crappy part! You don’t want to waste money spent on EMM but it’s nice to get a morning spot when hot out. I’m going to need to figure this out too if we end up doing it in Aug.

I am definitely considering Uber or a Minnie Van. I loved using the Minnie Vans back when they had the fixed price, but with the rate increase and the fact that there’s just 2 of us, Uber might be the better choice. Not sure what the car seat laws are though. My grandson is 7, but is still required to be in a booster seat here and actually still uses his car seat.

In the end, I’d prefer just to walk it, so definitely taking a test run for our evening we have at HS.

In Florida kids have to be in some type of car seat or booster through age 5. In our experience Minnie Van drivers will ask the kids age, and get out the seats automatically if any are 5 or under. If you want your 7 yr old in the seat as a booster they will do it if you request it. If you take a taxi they don't seem to care, they leave it up to you to have a travel seat if you want one of your kids in a car seat or booster. We have't taken plain uber or Lyft to know what they do, assuming you didn't use one that does provide a car seat.

My advice would be to walk, hands down. It's not a bad walk, and then you can set the leaving time and pace as you go. We walked it twice for EMM and a few times from DHS to Epcot or vice versa with a 5 yr old and he was fine, even though he would gladly use a stroller if we still let him and didn't now need the double for his little brothers!

In Florida kids have to be in some type of car seat or booster through age 5. In our experience Minnie Van drivers will ask the kids age, and get out the seats automatically if any are 5 or under. If you want your 7 yr old in the seat as a booster they will do it if you request it. If you take a taxi they don't seem to care, they leave it up to you to have a travel seat if you want one of your kids in a car seat or booster. We have't taken plain uber or Lyft to know what they do, assuming you didn't use one that does provide a car seat.

My advice would be to walk, hands down. It's not a bad walk, and then you can set the leaving time and pace as you go. We walked it twice for EMM and a few times from DHS to Epcot or vice versa with a 5 yr old and he was fine, even though he would gladly use a stroller if we still let him and didn't now need the double for his little brothers!

Thanks for the information. We’ve only used Minnie Vans in the past and had him in a full car seat. I’m on my own with him this trip and I’m not comfortable not having him in at least a booster.

I’m hoping the walking works. I took him last October, first time stroller-less and he did just fine. Besides, I need to walk off all the junk food I’m going to consume anyway! :)

I am definitely considering Uber or a Minnie Van. I loved using the Minnie Vans back when they had the fixed price, but with the rate increase and the fact that there’s just 2 of us, Uber might be the better choice. Not sure what the car seat laws are though. My grandson is 7, but is still required to be in a booster seat here and actually still uses his car seat.

We use a booster seat called a mifold for our 7 year old. It's tiny and fits easily into our backpack. (Hope it's okay to mention that here.)

Of those who have gone what seems to be the best strategy for meeting Woody and Jesse. It’s important to my little kids. Should we line up there right away even if they don’t come out for 10 mins or so? Should we try to squeeze in one ride then do the meet and greet? We will come back that evening also. Is the meet and greet any less busy around 7:00pm at night?

I just wanted to let you know that recently the Cast Members seem to be waiting until 7:30am to bring us into TSL (such as when I was there on 3/25, or per the review from 4/1). On my day, Buzz, Woody and Jesse were already out ready to greet the EMM people at 7:33 when we got to TSL. Some people made a beeline to the Woody and Jesse line and they were smart. After I came off of the first ride on SDD there were at least 8-10 families in line, and for the rest of the time it would have been at least a 30 minute wait. By 9am there was at least 20 families waiting--but some of those families may have just gotten in line, thinking that their "paid" time was up anyway.

If you get to Toy Story Land at 7:30, rather than 7:20, I would hop in line for Woody and Jesse. Just my two cents! Enjoy your trip :)

I just wanted to let you know that recently the Cast Members seem to be waiting until 7:30am to bring us into TSL (such as when I was there on 3/25, or per the review from 4/1). On my day, Buzz, Woody and Jesse were already out ready to greet the EMM people at 7:33 when we got to TSL. Some people made a beeline to the Woody and Jesse line and they were smart. After I came off of the first ride on SDD there were at least 8-10 families in line, and for the rest of the time it would have been at least a 30 minute wait. By 9am there was at least 20 families waiting--but some of those families may have just gotten in line, thinking that their "paid" time was up anyway.

If you get to Toy Story Land at 7:30, rather than 7:20, I would hop in line for Woody and Jesse. Just my two cents! Enjoy your trip :)
Thanks for the two cents. Lol. I was thinking about having the kids in my group wet the characters first. Your post confirmed I was correct with that plan

In the end, I’d prefer just to walk it, so definitely taking a test run for our evening we have at HS.

Yeah, my guy is 8. We use a booster seat or similar seat at home. On occasion at WDW we've just used a taxi without one. He's fine and legal, I just prefer a real booster if I had a choice.

One word of caution, it now takes longer to drive from the Epcot resorts to DHS given the way they've reconfigured the DHS entrance. Not quite as easy as it used to be.

If you think about it and have a chance, I would be most appreciative if you reported back on what you ended up doing. We don't leave until July. Have a great trip!

Piggybacking on the transportation issue, we'll be staying at Pop and will have a car. I was thinking we would drive to the park for EMM. Is there any reason this is a bad idea? This will be our first trip so I'm totally clueless! Thanks!

This is a card that they gave at the entrance that lists basic information and the food options:

IMG_20190401_063614-M.jpg

IMG_20190401_063606-M.jpg

Piggybacking on the transportation issue, we'll be staying at Pop and will have a car. I was thinking we would drive to the park for EMM. Is there any reason this is a bad idea? This will be our first trip so I'm totally clueless! Thanks!

No, not really. If you prefer to drive, go for it. People report pretty good experiences with buses, but driving can be less stressful if you’re at all worried about timing.

Looks like the event is going to be even more crowded, they opened up 7AM reservations for all August (that's all that I checked) and all the 7:30AM reservations that were sold old for August now have availability too. Even 8/28 has 7:30 reservations available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter