• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Ok, full run down of added dates:

Monday, November 19, 2018
Wednesday, November 21, 2018
Monday, December 24, 2018
Monday, December 31, 2018
Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Post #2 has been updated.

Last edited:
That's a date where both time slots has been open, so that indicates to me it's full. BUT - Disney just added 11/19 & 11/21 dates. You MAY get some folks who had booked 11/26 but 11/21 might work better in their schedules (if their trips are that long) so you may see some movement.

Even without that, there is a 1 day cancellation policy and people tinker plans all the time, so I'd check every once in awhile.

Good luck.
Where is the best place to keep a check on it to see if more time open up? The dining reservation page?

Well geez- if we do Jan 2 that’s already our DHS day and everyone could go, not just my family who has APs. Now it’s getting hard. I could book them both for now, but now we’re getting into a lot of money up front! 9 people for a HEA dessert party, JBJB dessert party, candlelight processional dinner package (can’t remember if you pay up front for that or not) and 2 EMMs is nothing to sneeze at!

How fast do yo think these holiday dates will fill up? Once I see them I get itchy to book, but I could discuss with the grandparents and book in a day or so.

I know 4 spots are already gone. 8-)

All of those new dates seem like PRIME days (and I notice all but 1/2 already have both time slots loaded).

Me thinks those could fill up quickly.

Uggg, guess there’s $550 bucks to book Jan 2 until we know for sure if everyone wants to go. The problem
Is, if they don’t I will have to call and have them cancel part of our reservation instead of the entire party, since my family of 4 definitely wants to go! Has anyone ever done that before? I assume it’s no problem, but any CM tinkering with my reservation makes me nervous!

Uggg, guess there’s $550 bucks to book Jan 2 until we know for sure if everyone wants to go. The problem
Is, if they don’t I will have to call and have them cancel part of our reservation instead of the entire party, since my family of 4 definitely wants to go! Has anyone ever done that before? I assume it’s no problem, but any CM tinkering with my reservation makes me nervous!

So I'm kind of in the same boat, half of my party may not come for this trip. Here's what I did.... made a reservation for 2 with DW as the main reservation contact (and DD). Then made a second reservation with me as the main reservation contact (and DS).

I can't cancel the reservation I made under DW's name when I'm logged in, but I can just login with her info and cancel if needed.

So, I'm really torn. I need help. :rotfl:

I can't talk about this out loud with my family because it is a surprise trip. But we are arriving (my family minus DH) on December 18th and I had planned TSL EMM on the 19th. My DH is arriving on the 21st. With the 24th now having a EMM as well I was thinking of booking that one. The only issue is that we have the Candlelight processional dining package at 11:55 in the morning on the 24th. We would not be hungry for lunch by then and to make the most of the lunch we would have to get to the park and eat breakfast at the 7am time. So would you switch?

There is only one other day I could switch the CP package too, which is the 22nd. BUT I really was looking forward to it for Christmas Eve. What to do? :lmao:

So, I'm really torn. I need help. :rotfl:

I can't talk about this out loud with my family because it is a surprise trip. But we are arriving (my family minus DH) on December 18th and I had planned TSL EMM on the 19th. My DH is arriving on the 21st. With the 24th now having a EMM as well I was thinking of booking that one. The only issue is that we have the Candlelight processional dining package at 11:55 in the morning on the 24th. We would not be hungry for lunch by then and to make the most of the lunch we would have to get to the park and eat breakfast at the 7am time. So would you switch?

There is only one other day I could switch the CP package too, which is the 22nd. BUT I really was looking forward to it for Christmas Eve. What to do? :lmao:

If this were me, I'd keep CP Christmas Eve.

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere in this thread (72 pages is a lot! I’m trying to make my way through it). I was really, really excited to discover Thanksgiving week has been added!! Does it matter if I choose the 7:00 or 7:30 time? I guess my real question is, will we be let in earlier if we arrive at 7:00? Or will we get there and just have to wait around?

We went to the TSL passholder event in September. It was staggered with 7:00 and 8:00 arrival times. I chose the 7:00 just so that the family member (non-passholder) who was traveling with us wasn’t too envious. So I guess what I’m wondering is, will this be similar? In other words, is there any advantage to the 7:00 time? We are early morning people anyway and arriving by 7 is no problem for us (unless we have to go to resort airline check-in first...as we did in September). What we would prefer to avoid is lots of time standing around waiting.

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere in this thread (72 pages is a lot! I’m trying to make my way through it). I was really, really excited to discover Thanksgiving week has been added!! Does it matter if I choose the 7:00 or 7:30 time? I guess my real question is, will we be let in earlier if we arrive at 7:00? Or will we get there and just have to wait around?

We went to the TSL passholder event in September. It was staggered with 7:00 and 8:00 arrival times. I chose the 7:00 just so that the family member (non-pass-holder) who was traveling with us wasn’t too envious. So I guess what I’m wondering is, will this be similar? In other words, is there any advantage to the 7:00 time? We are early morning people anyway and arriving by 7 is no problem for us (unless we have to go to resort airline check-in first...as we did in September). What we would prefer to avoid is lots of time standing around waiting.

To date, the time makes no difference. It appears to be more of a "slow loading" technique by Disney from my perspective. Guests with the two reservation times are handled exactly the same.

The land has been opening for everyone in the 7:20-7:30am range.

Disney has this language on their website:

• Guests with a 7:30 AM reservation will first enjoy Toy Story Land followed by breakfast, served until 10:00 AM. Based on capacity, we may make other reservation times available, with breakfast preceding the park experience for these Guests.
But this isn't really how it works in reality. Anyone can arrive early and eat before hand and anyone can eat up until 10am.

I might be crazy... :rotfl2:

But I just switched around almost my whole trip... My FP was this morning... and I was sure I was set.

Dang EMM additions.

I booked 12/24 - 7am not that it matters. So that my husband can do it too. I booked the MK Dessert party for 12/22 instead of 12/23 and we will have an early night 12/23. We need to make it before 7am so we can be in breakfast and done in 20 mins... lol Then at rope drop my family that wants too will hop over to Tot and RnRc and then we will hop to Epcot. Do a few FP's and then our CP lunch at 11:55. I figure we would be hungry by then. Our CP time is 5pm so even if we are tired we will last that long. Then we can call it an early night OR try to hang out until Illuminations. I think that depends on the day. I'm sure that all of us could last that long though. It's great with the kids getting older. ;)

Now I need to take a look at my other ADRs on Saturday and Wednesday.

I might be crazy... :rotfl2:

But I just switched around almost my whole trip... My FP was this morning... and I was sure I was set.

Dang EMM additions.

I booked 12/24 - 7am not that it matters. So that my husband can do it too. I booked the MK Dessert party for 12/22 instead of 12/23 and we will have an early night 12/23. We need to make it before 7am so we can be in breakfast and done in 20 mins... lol Then at rope drop my family that wants too will hop over to Tot and RnRc and then we will hop to Epcot. Do a few FP's and then our CP lunch at 11:55. I figure we would be hungry by then. Our CP time is 5pm so even if we are tired we will last that long. Then we can call it an early night OR try to hang out until Illuminations. I think that depends on the day. I'm sure that all of us could last that long though. It's great with the kids getting older. ;)

Now I need to take a look at my other ADRs on Saturday and Wednesday.

Sounds like a great plan!!! I'd suggest going back for a break after your ADR.. getting some much needed rest, then headed back to Epcot around 4ish to make it to the CP.. then you can def make it until illuminations!!!

We drove to EMM, but pre-booked a Mears taxi for an early ADR at Epcot during our trip last week. We wanted zero stress that early in the morning. You can request carseats, booster seats, scooter lift, etc when you book. Our driver texted when he was on his way and arrived 15 minutes early and was waiting for us in front of our resort. It was $19 from Poly for a luxury SUV (suburban) for my family of 5, and he had the carseat for my son installed and ready to go. Super easy.
Would you be willing to share that info?
We have family of 5 and need EMM transportation from CR. That's a terrific price!
TIA

To date, the time makes no difference. It appears to be more of a "slow loading" technique by Disney from my perspective. Guests with the two reservation times are handled exactly the same.

The land has been opening for everyone in the 7:20-7:30am range.

Disney has this language on their website:

• Guests with a 7:30 AM reservation will first enjoy Toy Story Land followed by breakfast, served until 10:00 AM. Based on capacity, we may make other reservation times available, with breakfast preceding the park experience for these Guests.
But this isn't really how it works in reality. Anyone can arrive early and eat before hand and anyone can eat up until 10am.
Thank you!! Very helpful. I think I’ll go with the 7:30 time and arrive a little bit on the early side. I saw what Disney has on their site and found it kind of amusing. I didn’t think it worked that way!

Sounds like a great plan!!! I'd suggest going back for a break after your ADR.. getting some much needed rest, then headed back to Epcot around 4ish to make it to the CP.. then you can def make it until illuminations!!!

I was thinking that we might do something like that. LOL Not sure yet. Epcot is typically a 'relaxing' day for us and my kids are the type that can be awake and out the door in 15 mins. We do showers at night so it makes it a little easier. I'm not sure how a little over 2 hours in another park will make us feel though. ;) We will see. But it is an option that I will keep open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter