DHS bus drop off 20 min walk!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding no covered areas to get out of the heat - what about standing out there in the pouring rain?

Umbrella? Poncho? Whatever you prefer to use in the parks. If it’s pouring rain I probably wouldn’t be walking to any bus stop until it slacks off.

There is at Pop Century. It doesn’t cover the entire queue but there is definitely shade for those that need it.
Lucky Pop Century guests. :P I stayed at All Star Movies a couple of years ago and baked waiting for the bus. Nothing like being drenched in sweat before you even get to the parks. LOL But I don't care because a hot sweaty day at WDW is still better then going to work.

Maybe they can bring in some misting fans.
Different people would have issues. Plus, how effective would the be in high humidity?

I'm truly surprised that so few visitors seem to use head protection. Not just posters? But the visitors in the pictures in this thread.

But, at POP Century, you don't have to walk 20 minutes straight in the heat before you even get to the bus line.

I think the 20 minutes has been disproved. It is half that at best. And even if it is 20 minutes, so what. You are walking ALL day long anyway. If that extra 10 -20 minutes is going to break your day, then just leave the park that much sooner. Then you are walking the exact right amount.

Different people would have issues. Plus, how effective would the be in high humidity?

I'm truly surprised that so few visitors seem to use head protection. Not just posters? But the visitors in the pictures in this thread.

This seems to be the case of, Disney can't do anything right. We all want improvements but expect them to wave their magic wand and make it happen instantly. Sometimes you have to get worse to get better. This is a minor PITA at best. It is Florida, it will be hot. Anyone that has heat sensitivity should plan accordingly anyway. I am with you on the head protection. We always carry a hat, which also works great for when it rains.

The premise of the OP was to ask for others to corroborate or refute a “20-minute walk” from/to the temporary Bus Loop at DHS.

The secondary question was to determine where Minnie Vans, uber, and Lyft drop-off and pick up.

Posted info has refuted the 20-minute walk and the location of rideshare drop-off has been confirmed. All other discussion on Resort bus stops, headwear, rain gear, and Imagineering questions can be posted on boards other than TPAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter