DHS bus drop off 20 min walk!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this new bus drop off because of Star Wars Land and is it just temporary? Wondering how this will affect the walking path from either Beach Club and Boardwalk Inn.

Is this new bus drop off because of Star Wars Land and is it just temporary? Wondering how this will affect the walking path from either Beach Club and Boardwalk Inn.
The current bus loop in use will be the charter/drop off loop in the future. The new resort loop is still under construction and will be right next to the one currently in use. The change in the walking path from Epcot is temporary due to the construction.

Ok. Personal experience. Did it yesterday. Walking in was long but ok. Going back was horrible. Maps are deceptive in the blazing summer heat.

Left the park about 3 when the heat and humidity was awful. The walk at the end of a long park day felt like torture. Going back to the Poly so one of the furthest stops. No bus. 45 minutes straight in the blazing sun. A few beach umbrellas that shaded only a few people. Awful.

When the bus finally came it was packed. Adults actually were giving up their seats for children who were woozy in the heat. They changed drivers which took longer and when “chatty Cathy” sat down behind the wheel and asked if everyone was having a great day, there was a chorus of “no, just drive”!!! It was getting ugly.

Sorry folks, it is a lot longer...and depending on where you have to go for your bus it’s even longer. Arriving is a hike but the walk back is even longer. If you have small children or the elderly in your party plan ahead and leave some “gas in your tank” and go slow. And if it’s hot make sure your water bottle is full and you have a hat!

Walked there the other day... A storm was coming and we were hurrying but not quite running...I'd say 5 minutes from the bus stops to entrance. The construction detour is kind of zig-zaggy .

Will say walking isn't quite as relaxing as others make it out to be,especially with sun beating down on you. We definitely prefer the boats.

The current bus loop in use will be the charter/drop off loop in the future. The new resort loop is still under construction and will be right next to the one currently in use. The change in the walking path from Epcot is temporary due to the construction.

Thank you - is there a thread somewhere (i've been MIA for a bit) that i can read further into these changes as to when they will start/end and new paths, etc.? We're arriving first week of November so while we have time, I would like to get an idea of what we'll be dealing with. Thank you again :)

Thank you - is there a thread somewhere (i've been MIA for a bit) that i can read further into these changes as to when they will start/end and new paths, etc.? We're arriving first week of November so while we have time, I would like to get an idea of what we'll be dealing with. Thank you again :)
There are no dates as of yet. The news and rumors board will have that the its available though.

Ok. Personal experience. Did it yesterday. Walking in was long but ok. Going back was horrible. Maps are deceptive in the blazing summer heat.

Left the park about 3 when the heat and humidity was awful. The walk at the end of a long park day felt like torture. Going back to the Poly so one of the furthest stops. No bus. 45 minutes straight in the blazing sun. A few beach umbrellas that shaded only a few people. Awful.

When the bus finally came it was packed. Adults actually were giving up their seats for children who were woozy in the heat. They changed drivers which took longer and when “chatty Cathy” sat down behind the wheel and asked if everyone was having a great day, there was a chorus of “no, just drive”!!! It was getting ugly.

Sorry folks, it is a lot longer...and depending on where you have to go for your bus it’s even longer. Arriving is a hike but the walk back is even longer. If you have small children or the elderly in your party plan ahead and leave some “gas in your tank” and go slow. And if it’s hot make sure your water bottle is full and you have a hat!
Thank you so much for stopping by to share your experience from yesterday! Your recount of it sounds just like the person I interviewed for the story I wrote. I sure hope that they at least put up some kind of shading if this is going to be going on through the end of the year.

Thank you so much for stopping by to share your experience from yesterday! Your recount of it sounds just like the person I interviewed for the story I wrote. I sure hope that they at least put up some kind of shading if this is going to be going on through the end of the year.
As far as I am aware the new resort loop should be done by the end of the year barring any delays.

I'm wondering if it would be better for people to just take the parking tram and get off at the first stop to lessen the walk time to the buses.
I am super curious about all and might go on Friday just to check it out, I'll park at Art of Animation and bus it
I have walked the length of the DHS parking from the very back row and it takes me about 10 minutes at a regular pace, I understand all the weather elements contributing to the misery of this walk though and also the waiting in no shade. Hopefully Disney will provide more umbrellas and maybe some water coolers for those waiting

Thank you for the first hand experience. Definitely sounds frustrating...argh.

Thank you... I would be very appreciative of any info./thoughts. Even a 10 min walk in the blazing sun just to get to the entrance does not sound fun for our large group.
Just for comparison, according to Google Maps, my walk from the CM lot to the backstage office is about 3100 feet, over a half mile. I allow ten to twelve minutes, and because I have to walk through DHS my pace is limited. I'd be surprised if the walk from the bus Load Zones, that's what bus drivers call them, is over a half mile.

Would a Minnie Van or Lyft be able to drop you off closer? I'm supposed to have Passholder Play Time from 8-9 during my trip and trying to plan out how to get there (though if early reports indicate that the 7-8 people are allowed to stay in the area AND ride rides, I may just skip it TBH) - and then get over to Epcot for a 10am ADR at Garden Grill.

If you look at Google Maps in map view rather than satellite, it doesn't show the new loop, but it does show the new handicap parking, which is right next to it, and the temporary exit road. Using my best guess of the path route, I get around 1400 feet from the gate to the nearest point on the loop, or just about 1/4 mi. Extending out to where I estimate is the furthest point on the loop, I get around 2080 feet, or .39 mi.
upload_2018-8-15_18-26-4.png

I would be interested to test this myself. I can walk from Epcot/BC to DHS in 15-20 minutes no problem and I am also a runner. I just have a hard time believing it would take 20 minutes from bus stop one. Surely it is a longer walk than the old loop and this is currently only a temporary loop for the resorts but I think it was a little bit of an exaggeration. I certainly don't fault you as the writer. Thanks Jackie!
Aren't you a teen? You can move much faster than middle aged people or someone who has mobility challanges.

By the end of the year. The new resort loop is currently being built. You can see it in the images in the article. The new loop will have cover like other Disney park loops.
Well I guess this is something we will have to deal with for our mid October trip

I would be curious to know how this distance compares to the other three parks and DS. The Pop stop at MK always seems like a hike, as does Epcot and DS, but I don’t know how far they are in actual distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!