Delta Flight Changes....

You should be able to book your car. Chances are you won't be getting in any earlier so it wouldn't cost you more to pick up the car later. If you can find a good deal on the car, grab it. Picking it up at a later time usually won't change the rate on the car.

Well, Delta/Song just notified me of a flight change: they cancelled the 7:05AM into Orlando and put us on an 8:50AM (both were/are non-stop).

When I called to see if I could get an earlier flight, I was told that my original flight was "discontinued" and the 8:50AM is now the first flight of the day. Told the woman at Song I was disappointed. She could only offer me a refund and said that discontinuing the flight is just like when a store no longer sells an item because it's discontinued. Not quite -- when you purchase an item in a store, you have the item. With Song, I purchase something that ultimately got "discontinued" before I got to use it.

While I appreciate Song's willingness to give me a refund, I still have to travel. At this point, I'm not willing to start looking around for good flight times and decent pricing (we're leaving Nov. 9 and my dates are not flexible). My guess is that this is the result of the bankruptcy filing. Just a few weeks ago Delta said it was adding flights to Boston.

Oh well, I guess I shouldn't complain.... I'm still going to Disneyworld!

Anytime there is a schedule change from the airline.. you have the right to refuse it. If you don't completely and totally like the new schedule, go online and look at what they DO have available and give them a call. They'll usually (i've never, ever ran into a situation where this wasn't true) even book you on a non-stop if you originally had connections.

I just had a US AIR Schedule change that had us leaving two hours later. Originally had connections there AND back and we're now on non-stop flights both ways.

PJV57 said:
Well, Delta/Song just notified me of a flight change: they cancelled the 7:05AM into Orlando and put us on an 8:50AM (both were/are non-stop).

When I called to see if I could get an earlier flight, I was told that my original flight was "discontinued" and the 8:50AM is now the first flight of the day. Told the woman at Song I was disappointed. She could only offer me a refund and said that discontinuing the flight is just like when a store no longer sells an item because it's discontinued. Not quite -- when you purchase an item in a store, you have the item. With Song, I purchase something that ultimately got "discontinued" before I got to use it.

While I appreciate Song's willingness to give me a refund, I still have to travel. At this point, I'm not willing to start looking around for good flight times and decent pricing (we're leaving Nov. 9 and my dates are not flexible). My guess is that this is the result of the bankruptcy filing. Just a few weeks ago Delta said it was adding flights to Boston.

Oh well, I guess I shouldn't complain.... I'm still going to Disneyworld!

I know you said your dates are not flexible but could you leave the night before? That way you would already be there on the 9th.

I've checked the Delta website and 3 of my 4 flight numbers don't exist anymore. Do ya'll think I should find out what my new flight numbers are now (2 months away) or wait a few days before we leave to check. Also when they change your flight do they keep your same seat numbers or do you have to call and get new seat numbers?
Thank you

Call Delta. If the flight numbers don't exist, they may have just changed them. But, they could have also changed your flights around completely. Remember, if they change you, they should work with you to find flights that work for you. But don't wait. You could have a major schedule change on your hands and you don't know. Or it could be a simple change in flight numbers. And no, your seat numbers don't stay with you. You will need to rebook those.

When I was notified by email of the flight change, I was given the same seat assignments. But definitely call Delta -- don't wait.

I heard on the grapevine that Delta were on the verge of bankruptcy .... anybody know anything about that ?

I flew once and my connecting flight was at 2:45 and I landed at 2:43 so you can image my heart beat.. BUT as long as you're flighting the same airline they KNOW if they have any connecting passengers and they knew that we were coming... the yucky thing for us was, it was at PHI, PA airport and it's HUGE and we went from a TINY SMALL LITTLE plane to a HUGE plane so of course they weren't close AT all... it took us 15 minutes *we had to catch a BUS to get from one concourse to the next, that's how big* but they know they have connecting passengers... if it were me, i would just call and make sure they know... to me, 30 minutes if fine and you should be ok.

The worse part was, we had seats RIGHT UP FRONT and by the time we go there everyone else on the plane had taken up all of the over head compartments and we had to hunt for soemthing in the back and I don't like knowning my stuff is so far from me... but they were really nice.. we flew american airlines..

Jaime

back2disney said:
I've checked the Delta website and 3 of my 4 flight numbers don't exist anymore. Do ya'll think I should find out what my new flight numbers are now (2 months away) or wait a few days before we leave to check. Also when they change your flight do they keep your same seat numbers or do you have to call and get new seat numbers?
Thank you

I would give them a call about the seats. When I noticed my flights had changed I went to check my seat assignments and they were gone! I couldn't go in on the website and change them back either. I called Delta and she gave me all new assignements for the four flights for all six of us and she even got my friends three seats confirmed for me too. When you call and they make a change in their system it allows you to go on the website again and be able to pick seats. So even if they give you new seats and you don't like them you can at least know that your seats are confirmed and you can go on-line to change them to seats you do like. Although judging from my own experience with Delta this time you may have to do that a couple of times but I didn't want to take any chances because I wasn't sure if they could give my seats away if they were not assigned or uncomfirmed.

John33805 said:
I heard on the grapevine that Delta were on the verge of bankruptcy .... anybody know anything about that ?

Actually Delta already filed for bankruptcy along with Northwest a couple of weeks ago. :guilty:

jlbower79 said:
I flew once and my connecting flight was at 2:45 and I landed at 2:43 so you can image my heart beat.. BUT as long as you're flighting the same airline they KNOW if they have any connecting passengers and they knew that we were coming... the yucky thing for us was, it was at PHI, PA airport and it's HUGE and we went from a TINY SMALL LITTLE plane to a HUGE plane so of course they weren't close AT all... it took us 15 minutes *we had to catch a BUS to get from one concourse to the next, that's how big* but they know they have connecting passengers... if it were me, i would just call and make sure they know... to me, 30 minutes if fine and you should be ok.

The worse part was, we had seats RIGHT UP FRONT and by the time we go there everyone else on the plane had taken up all of the over head compartments and we had to hunt for soemthing in the back and I don't like knowning my stuff is so far from me... but they were really nice.. we flew american airlines..

Jaime

Thank you Jaime. That makes me feel better. It makes sense that they would know there were a bunch of passengers coming and that it would make sense to wait if it was feasible. I'm not too worried about the overhead space because we really don't use it much but that is something to keep in mind. You said to call and make sure they know we had a connection but just wondering who I would call and when? Should I call Delta the day of the flight and make sure they have it noted in their computer? Thanks. Like I said earlier, I am going to try not to stress too much because I have a feeling they will change them on me and lots of other people again. :rolleyes:

Oh .... ok .. thanks Tinks ..... does that mean that Delta will no longer be operating by next year ?

Piecey said:
Anytime there is a schedule change from the airline.. you have the right to refuse it. If you don't completely and totally like the new schedule, go online and look at what they DO have available and give them a call. They'll usually (i've never, ever ran into a situation where this wasn't true) even book you on a non-stop if you originally had connections.

I just had a US AIR Schedule change that had us leaving two hours later. Originally had connections there AND back and we're now on non-stop flights both ways.

I wish Delta had a nonstop flight from MHT to MCO but SW is the only airline that I know of that offers a nonstop. I checked Delta's website and they don't have a nonstop for us and the times I have I am happy with so hopefully they won't change too drastically between now and February. That's great though that you were able to do that. We flew nonstop once to WDW and while it was a long flight it was really nice to get off the plane and be in Orlando and not some other airport getting on another plane.

The reason I'm asking is because I intend to get a direct DELTA flight from LA to Tampa when I visit early next year .

John33805 said:
Oh .... ok .. thanks Tinks ..... does that mean that Delta will no longer be operating by next year ?

I sure hope not. Unfortunately it seems like most of the big airlines are in bankrupcty right now or just emerging from bankruptcy. I flew US Air last Februrary while they were in bankruptcy and they were/are still flying today. I believe United, US Air, Northwest, and Delta are all in bankrupcty in various stages right now but still flying. Southwest and American Airlines are not. It does seem like when one of the biggies files for bankruptcy the federal government usually bails them out so they usually don't stop flying. They file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy which is reorganization and they are allowed to work with creditors to pay off their debts so I am hopeful that they will be able to reorganize and emerge from bankruptcy at some point.

John33805 said:
The reason I'm asking is because I intend to get a direct DELTA flight from LA to Tampa when I visit early next year .

John. . . my flight is in late Feb/early March and I am not too worried about bankruptcy. Like I said, I flew US Air seven months ago while they were in bankruptcy and they are still flying today. I think that was even their 2nd time filing. United has been in bankruptcy for some time too. I think you will be okay.

My return flight was changed and we lost our seat assignments. They are not showing up on the Delta website (seats). I called to make seat choices, and they'd already assigned them to me. Does anybody know why they'd be in their system, but not showing up on the website under my itinerary?

Thanks!

Thanks for this post. I went and checked our itinerary and it was changed by quite a bit of time. :guilty: I called the Delta Song # and was able to change my flight to a closer airport with better times at no additional charge to me. :sunny: I also already have my new tickets which were emailed to me within minutes. :banana:

:wave: :wave2: princess: princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter