• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Delete Thread

Wow... girrrrrl thank you so much for directing me to your food review on my pre trip report! This was so helpful! We do have several of these restaurants planned for our September trip this year including Ohana Breakfast, Be Our Guest, Tusker House Breakfast, etc. I'm ready to take on WDW for the first time being Gluten Free!

Wow... girrrrrl thank you so much for directing me to your food review on my pre trip report! This was so helpful! We do have several of these restaurants planned for our September trip this year including Ohana Breakfast, Be Our Guest, Tusker House Breakfast, etc. I'm ready to take on WDW for the first time being Gluten Free!

Haha you're welcome! My boyfriend says it's even better going to Disney with an allergy because they treat you so well and make food just for you. You'll have a great time!

Ok final post! Sep 29: This was our 2nd to last day but the last day we would spend any time at Disney. We went to Disney Springs for lunch, and ate at T-Rex Cafe. We had to fit it in somewhere because we had gift cards and Josh loves dinosaurs. I ended up switching this reservation around a couple times, and it is easy to make one for T-Rex Cafe through the restaurant and not Disney, but we ended up with a Disney reservation anyway. The restaurant has really cool theming, although the reviews are right it is loud in there. The dinosaurs go "extinct" every 20 minutes and a light flashes while they wail and scream. (Seems a little gruesome for a children's restaurant). Josh would go back in a heartbeat, but I'd be okay skipping it next time.

f1fea288-7a17-422f-8b64-016c90262acb.jpg

f83d03e4-9dbe-4e41-99e1-b0a2218d0bf5.jpg

ed7c9183-e48b-42a9-978b-d8183e276675.jpg

I ordered fried mozzarella for an appetizer. I was a little confused on one thing: are there mozzarella sticks in Florida and are they called sticks normally? Even at the pizza place we went there weren't any mozzarella sticks on the menu, in NY they are on every pizza place menu and most other places as well. The fried mozzarella was cheese with breadcrumbs in it and a few little sticks. It was good though.

18816326-f4d7-4419-8cf7-737763f85e2a.jpg

I got a burger and fries and Josh got a steak and potatoes. I thought the meal was alright, but he really liked his. We were way too full for dessert. There weren't a lot of gluten free options for dessert or even meals honestly, but Josh likes steaks so he usually picks those in situations where there isn't much to eat on the menu.

11ad43cf-8491-447c-9fb4-930358a948d7.jpg

7076b860-a729-429c-8ec8-5614cc8b373d.jpg

And as a bonus: Josh loved Erin Mckenna's Bakery. All the desserts are gluten free/vegan, and I think they said pretty much completely allergen free. They are delicious too. We went there on the first night, and he just grabbed a donut so we went back to load up the day before we left. We got donuts of every kind, brownie bites, coffee cake, cupcakes, etc. I thought the coffee cake was the best, and didn't really care for the brownie bites. (I'm picky about my brownies). Josh pretty much loved it all.

3165b31f-7f5a-4d05-a00f-c398a1493f0d.jpg
Great reviews!...You posted that you flew from NY, and I just wanted to mention that the original Erin McKenna's is on the lower east side, in case you ever need more treats!

Great reviews!...You posted that you flew from NY, and I just wanted to mention that the original Erin McKenna's is on the lower east side, in case you ever need more treats!

Thank you and yes we did! But sadly we live nowhere near Erin Mckennas we're about 3 hours from the city. We did order a cake online from Erin Mckenna's for Josh's birthday though. He tries to stock up while we're in Fl but he eats them all so fast!

Just read the Hoop de Doo dinner review, and I am pretty sure that we are going to definitely do this one in September this year. I'm super excited for the GF cornbread, and dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter