DEFINITELY RECONFIRM PS's!!!

Cheryle423

Mouseketeer
I am very new to all this PS's and packages.. we are leaving in 12 days and I was starting to worry about all the PS's I made, so I called today to Re-confirm... well, one of the PS's I made for the GF Tea was not there.. !!!!! The number I gave her came up under someone else's name. Bummer... :(

There was nothing at that time available for 3 people.. there was a later time but we have to split into 2 tables! I made it but may cancel. She said it could have been a "computer glitch" ... who knows, All I know is that it wasn't there. I was sooo bummed, but we will make other plans.. there is always something to do in The World! I guess I need to look at the positive... maybe we can try somewhere else new! She did say they try to work with you when you check in.. She also told me to try back every day.. that people cancel all the time.

So.. My advice... DEfinitely Call and re-confirm all the number's you have!!!!!
I hope no one else has this happen to them! But I'm still really really excited about going!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by Cheryle423
There was nothing at that time available for 3 people.. there was a later time but we have to split into 2 tables!

Sorry to hear about the problem with your PS. One thing - we have been told many times that they would have to split a large party into two tables, but they seem to make every effort to keep us together. I can only think of one time we have been split up. We were at a booth and a table right next to it at Chef Mickey's once with a party of 10. Other than that we've always been seated at one table.

Good luck!

i did this about 6 weeks ago and all of my PS were for 2 adults, 2 children. in reality, we are a party of 4 adults. think i will re-re-confirm later this week. thanks for the reminder.:tongue:

I'm so sorry that this happened to you. It was very thoughtful of you to come here and give others a heads-up to reconfirm their PS's.

It's always a good idea to double-check, especially if it's a special PS that you don't want to take a chance on missing.

I hope everything works out well for your GF tea! :D

I've had something similiar happen. I once cancelled a PS, changed the time on another and when I called back to confirm all of them (one a day for 10 days) I found out the one we really really wanted (chef mickeys for our first night) had been mistakenly canceled. I was beside myself. Luckily by calling daily sometimes twice a day I was able to get the PS again.

Mistakes happen.. I know that but boy am I glad I called. We would have been shocked and very angry if we would have shown up and found out at the podium it was cancelled (and not by me).

Cheryle423,
Since they had a record of your confirmation #, it seems that they had mistakenly put it under the wrong name. I doubt that they would have given two people the same #. I think I'd call back and try to talk to someone different, and see if the original PS couldn't be straightened out, to include the correct name. Just a thought. Good luck! :wizard:

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Could you possibly have written down the wrong confirmation #?

I've done that.

I would suggest calling and then tell the CM that you had made many PSs and lost the paper with all the confirmation #s.

I have done that and they ask me for my phone number. All the PSs then show up and I then get all the correct conf #s.

Ed

DVC Jen.. I agree with you.. I asked the CM.. what would I have done if I showed up at the podium.. she said.. they would have turned me away! Yikes! I would have died! At least now I have a chance to re-group!!

Now, after the initial disappointment of losing that PS.. I'm thinking.. maybe I had too much planned anyway.. maybe we can do some shopping and eat DownTown.. Maybe LOTS of Chocolate at Ghirardella's!!!! There is always an up side!!
::MickeyMo

Last time we went, none of our PSs had anything resembling our name on them. Our last name (which is normally seven letters long) had been misspelled. It was nine letters long, and only had a few letters in common with our name - like the first and two in the middle somewhere. We were able to piece together that yes, indeed that was us (I made them all at the same time, so it was the same horrendous misspelling on all the PSs) six in the party with those times at those restaurants. From then I, I just knew I was asking for the reservation for people with a name that sort of resembed ours. However, they were impossible to reconfirm with the misspelling, and it was also impossible for the front desk at the resort to find them.

Someday, Disney will do a better job tying their systems together - and tie your PSs and your room reservation and everything else to something like your home phone number.

On two separate occasions I have arrived at 1900 Park Fare and been told they don't have a record of my PS - I just give them whatever number I have (I have made the PS and I do have a number) and they have seated me no problem. For that reason I don't call and confirm...I made the PS and they will seat me when I arrive.

I had this happen at a couple of other Disney restaurants too...and down the line they found a similar name or such thing. I just carry the PS numbers with me and let them deal with it.

Liz

Also had a problem. I called to change a PS at Boma. When I did, the CM asked if there was anything else she could do to help. I said no, I had CM's for Thanksgiving and LeCellier for CP and several others, so I was all set. She asked if I was sure about CM's. Yes, I had the confirmation number right in front of me! I gave it to her and they had it under someone else's name!!! So, I will be calling this afternoon to double check on them all.

As far as the name being spelled wrong.. well it was WAY wrong.. my first name is Cheryle ... they had TAmmy?? Pretty far off,... and it was for another date.. weird....but it was for 3 people! so strange!

Oh well.. I will call back a few times to see if I can get it back.!But I would definitely recommend calling to avoid disappointment when you get there!

I worked hard to arrange all of my PS, so I'm making a call right now-thanks for the heads up!!:)

I think this is good advise for any of your "reservations" that you can't live without, resort included.

I had made a ressie for seven nights at FW. A couple months later we realized that we would be able to get away from work for a couple extra nights, so I called and extended our reservation. We received a confirmation sheet in the mail showing all nine nights.

My wife thinks I'm anal, but I always call a month or so after I reserve to confirm, and again a month or so before going. Well, this time it paid off. When I called to confirm the room ressie they had me for seven nights that ended on the day we were checking out under the nine night ressie, but didn't have the first two days added. I asked how that happened as I had a copy of a confirmation sheet right in front of me showing the 9 days and I got the same "it must be the computer's fault" answer that you seem to get when ever someone screws up.

I've never had a problem with a PS or HDD ressie, but my wife can no longer make fun of me when I check and recheck our reservations.

Oh, great! Now I have something else to stress about for 6 months! :eek:

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter