Deeply disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the thing. Cleaning a villa is much like cleaning a house (especially GV) So mousekeeping has 5 hours to clean all these villas. To expect one right at 4pm is just silly.
It’s definitely not silly to expect Disney to stick to its own schedule.

In addition, yes it is very different. Most rooms on any given day aren’t getting any attention at all from mousekeeping.

The 5 hour buffer between check out and check in is quite large. It’s meant to accommodate for unforeseen issues.

We’ve pretty fortunate that in almost 30 trips, the latest we’ve had a room ready is 5:30p. Maybe it’s bc we generally book studios. That one time it was at SSR and we did speak to a manager about it. Good thing we did bc there was an actual issue with the room they had to remove it from inventory. They comp’d us for dinner.

I’d say we generally get into our room around 2p which we appreciate greatly since we typically arrive around 10a. But we pack swimwear to spend the first day napping by the pool to make up for the 2:30a rising time. We also make late dinner reservations near the resort.

If my room was ready later than about 8p I’d be looking for returned points.

What bothers me more is Mousekeeping hurrying people out in the morning. We generally leave the resort room by to give them a head start.

Only once have we ever gotten a knock on the door— it was when we had a 2BR theme park view at BLT. They kept asking starting around 8a if they could start while we were still packing up. I finally got so annoyed I told them we wouldn’t be leaving the room until 10:30a and not to ask again. It just felt wrong to me that the one time we needed a later departure, they were pressuring us.

We just finished a trip to BWV in a 1BR — first time I can remember not getting our room request and it was ready at 4p on the dot no sooner.

Mousekeeping was still in the hallway in force so I presume others weren’t as lucky.

and this is the problem. You absolutely need to raise heck at the time, speak to manger, call DVC the whole nine yards. it keeps happening because way to many allow , and by not reporting, enable this to continue to happen.
when I say raise heck, I'm not talking about a full blown nutty. Only that it should calmly but firmly be reported. So sorry to the one person on the thread who misunderstood my comment. NEVER a reason to name call or be rude.

Forum members, I have the answer!

All the members who are casual about late check-ins (oops, not late, let's call it an "after 4pm room ready situation" can be identified as such on their memberships, and DVC can get their rooms ready after others, who expect their room AT 4pm at the latest.

That should ensure that the only rooms not ready at or before 4pm are assigned to members who don't think DVC has to have their rooms ready by 4.

when I say raise heck, I'm not talking about a full blown nutty. Only that it should calmly but firmly be reported. So sorry to the one person on the thread who misunderstood my comment. NEVER a reason to name call or be rude.

Upthread (Post #136) you said to Sandisw "NO WHERE has anyone said anything about making a scene. seriously take a seat. ", "Seriously take a seat", to most people, means "sit down and stop talking". THAT was rude. Also, Sandisw, as a forum mod, and often a voice of moderation (go figure), was simply saying that the issue can be addressed without falling to either end of the spectrum: either total complacency, or making a big stink about it. Finally, there HAVE been multiple comments wherein people DID suggest making a "scene", and many advocating for just going with the flow (including the poster that you actually took issue with in the thread), so the comment by Sandisw was right on mark.

Upthread (Post #136) you said to Sandisw "NO WHERE has anyone said anything about making a scene. seriously take a seat. ", "Seriously take a seat", to most people, means "sit down and stop talking". THAT was rude. Also, Sandisw, as a forum mod, and often a voice of moderation (go figure), was simply saying that the issue can be addressed without falling to either end of the spectrum: either total complacency, or making a big stink about it. Finally, there HAVE been multiple comments wherein people DID suggest making a "scene", and many advocating for just going with the flow (including the poster that you actually took issue with in the thread), so the comment by Sandisw was right on mark.
so, it's ok for some people to be rude but not others and in your opinion no one can respond in kind. good to know. Listen, I understand what I said and how I said it. I 'm sick to death of the snarky comments on here by just a few people. so it's either walk away from this site with so many nice people trading info, or put up with a few jerks, and give back as good as I get. now, I'm done with this, and I hope you are too.

In my view, rooms should normally be ready by 4. But we have long known that they aren't guaranteed by 4, so we plan accordingly best we can. Especially these pandemic days, we hope for the best but plan for the worst.

My family and I just checked in at 10:am and went to Epcot to begin what was hoped to be a great trip. We are celebrating my parent 50 anniversary. We get back at 4:30 to head to our room when we are told it is not ready! Check in is 4:00. But it’s not ready. Now it is 5:30. And.... “it is not ready!” I am sorry but as a dvc member who is welcomed home I am beyond lvivid. Having to try to explain to my kids and my parents that we cannot yet change out of sweaty clothes and go to dinner or to even rest at the pool is tough. When this trip was planned 3 years ago .... I’m sorry. Dvc was great. Right now when I see “regular guests get their room but we are still sitting in the lobby I fail to see how we are home. Very dissatisfied with the current issues.
I dont know if anyone has mentioned this yet but if you look up the DVC check in times it states after 4:00pm not by 4:00pm. https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/faq/pre-arrival-checklist/check-in-check-out-times/

so, it's ok for some people to be rude but not others and in your opinion no one can respond in kind. good to know. Listen, I understand what I said and how I said it. I 'm sick to death of the snarky comments on here by just a few people. so it's either walk away from this site with so many nice people trading info, or put up with a few jerks, and give back as good as I get. now, I'm done with this, and I hope you are too.
If you believe a post is inappropriate per the DISboards Posting Guidelines, please use the 'REPORT' feature at the bottom of every post. That will bring it to the attention of the Mods who will review it and handle it as appropriate.

Best not to reply and get yourself in trouble.

Feel free to use the 'IGNORE' feature if you'd rather not see posts from the "jerks". To initiate it, click on the "jerk's" screen name and then click on the 'IGNORE' button.

If you believe a post is inappropriate per the DISboards Posting Guidelines, please use the 'REPORT' feature at the bottom of every post. That will bring it to the attention of the Mods who will review it and handle it as appropriate.

Best not to reply and get yourself in trouble.

Feel free to use the 'IGNORE' feature if you'd rather not see posts from the "jerks". To initiate it, click on the "jerk's" screen name and then click on the 'IGNORE' button.
I'm not a tattle tale, LOL, but hitting the ignore button is a great idea. A couple people IM'd me, warned me about rude comments being common from a few people on here and suggested same. Generally I find most people are well read, understand sarcasm and appreciate the truth on trip reports, etc. I know I do.
I will say, if people are allowed to start fights, be snarky and so on, then they should also have to deal with the consequences of their comments. So we will have to agree to disagree on that. However, ignore it is. Thanks.

The last week of July, I waited in line at the Poly check-in desk when I didn’t have a room assignment yet at 4:30. I walked up to the desk ready to hear a “sorry, your room is not ready”, and didn’t expect compensation. But when instead I was told that check-in time had changed to after 5pm and that was consistent with our contract, so they were cleaning cash rooms first before touching DVC rooms, and if I had a problem with that I should call Member Services, I was so flabbergasted that I walked over to the sales kiosk to ask if they had any idea about the change, while I dialed and got in the hold queue with Member Services. The sales kiosk cast members brought the front desk manager over to talk to me, and she apologized and told me that was incorrect. I did get a room sometime in the 5pm hour, which would not have bothered me at all had it not been for the “we changed your contract without telling you” nonsense. How many DVC guests had he told that to who just accepted it?

The last week of July, I waited in line at the Poly check-in desk when I didn’t have a room assignment yet at 4:30.
…so they were cleaning cash rooms first before touching DVC rooms, and if I had a problem with that I should call Member Services,..
We know they are offering $1000 signing bonuses for housekeepers @ WDW, which suggests to me that they have staffing issues. Whenever a business has more work to do than they have staff to do it they triage/prioritize and it sounds like the Poly prioritized their cash customers w/ their 3 pm check in over their DVC customers w/ their 4 pm check in.
Interesting that if you go to the WDW FAQ online https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/resorts/check-in/ it clearly says that check in time for deluxe villas is 4 pm and for other resorts it is 3 pm and I believe it’s industry standard that a hotel’s check in time is when you expect to get your room.
It also sounds like that particular Poly front desk CM needs a bit more training.

This is just sad. This happens literally at no other hotel .... anywhere..... ever! I have seen people defending DVC on these boards countless times about this whole “after 4 policy”. It makes absolutely no sense and why people find it acceptable is beyond me.
I've been saying same for years on here. and catch heck for saying it. Hence, it will keep happening to folks until enough complaints are made, and until they read people are going to universal they are so angry! also, we use the RCI places when we travel and we have never, not one time had to wait more than 30 min. ever.

We checked In at OKW on June 4. Because we drove (our first trip driving) we had requested 3pm check in. We realized it was just a request and might not be honored. Plus, our Villa was an accessible one with a roll in shower, which sometimes causes delays since there are not that many.

We didn’t actually get into our room until almost 6 pm. We found out later that the guests still had their unpacked clothes all over the room when Housekeeping came to clean the room after 11! Housekeeping did not actually find the room empty until well after 2pm.
Those guests had also reported a cracked toilet seat that needed replacement to be fixed after checkout. Engineering came to replace it (a short, easy job), but found the entire toilet was cracked (a much bigger job and they had to find a toilet), which meant Housekeeping started even later.
Because of our villa type, they didn’t have another they could just move us to, so we waited.
I hope those people had an extra day of points added on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts