December 2021 trip planning

I have 2 portable chargers already for camera and phones. I don't travel light unfortunately camera gear and 2 kids :)
Yes, going anywhere with my family is a pain - even going for a local walk SWMBO brings a rucksack with water and various other junk.
And then complains if she has to carry a house key as it's extra weight :rotfl2:

When I was young I did take a lot of stuff with me, but over the years I realised that most of it never got used and that if I was caught out I could buy something locally. It's not like I go into the jungle or desert on my holidays (though I've been pretty remote at times).

So on my own at Disney it's: phone, wallet, a couple of tissues, a couple of ziplocks (for wet rides) and a strap for my glasses (on rollercoasters). All in my cargo short pockets.
Straight down the 'no bag' line at security and nothing left behind on rides. :)

How is everyone’s planning going? Which weather forecaster do you use? I bought portable chargers yesterday as I think with G+ we may need them. I am trying to decide, objectively, in advance, what we would do if one/two of us tests positive just before we fly. I think that I would feel too guilty leaving other people at home.
Did you manage do buy Genie+ beforehand?

So on my own at Disney it's: phone, wallet, a couple of tissues, a couple of ziplocks (for wet rides) and a strap for my glasses (on rollercoasters). All in my cargo short pockets.
Straight down the 'no bag' line at security and nothing left behind on rides
I have the dubious honour of being the bum bag wearer.😂 We travel light and just take carry on luggage on the flight. It kills my son but actually it is quite easy to do in December.
At UOR we manage just with lanyards and I tuck a credit card, some cash, my driving licence and ID in between my AP and room key. WDW I use the bumbag because of the phones. So I usually have three phones in ziplocks, credit card and some cash plus driving licences and copies of our passports in another ziplock. This year add portable charger(s) to that. My son travelled in South America pre pandemic and has a selection of the security wallets that hang around your neck, so I may try those. We could stuff everything in our pockets and wave our phones to go through security and then pack things away in the wallets when we are through.
What sort of strap do you use for your glasses?
Booster day for me today.

Did you manage do buy Genie+ beforehand?
No, they can’t add it to my son’s 14 day ticket. We have to add it day by day. I am going to try again at guest services when we arrive. My daughter and I have APs so we have to add G+ to those day by day, if we choose to use it, but purchasing for my son everyday just seems like a another hurdle every morning, particularly given Disney’s temperamental IT. My son isn’t a morning person and although he is trained to rope drop without complaint, adding another ‘to do’ may tip him over the edge. 😂

No, they can’t add it to my son’s 14 day ticket. We have to add it day by day. I am going to try again at guest services when we arrive. My daughter and I have APs so we have to add G+ to those day by day, if we choose to use it, but purchasing for my son everyday just seems like a another hurdle every morning, particularly given Disney’s temperamental IT. My son isn’t a morning person and although he is trained to rope drop without complaint, adding another ‘to do’ may tip him over the edge. 😂
Thanks for the reply. At least your jet lag will give you an advantage the first couple of days ;)

Our December planning is more or less sorted, the only thing i'd like to organise is a Topolino's breakfast, but reservations for that seem almost as rare as the Sci Fi Drive in!

We fly a week today, so, just the Covid admin to do now!

WDW I use the bumbag because of the phones. So I usually have three phones in ziplocks
Er, what?
If you aren't each carrying your own phones, then they aren't any use for if you get separated. And if you lose the bag all three are gone. Etc.
So why are you carrying three phones around?

What sort of strap do you use for your glasses?
My exact Amazon order was in 2019 and the link is broken now but they are this type which are very common:
Sports Sunglasses Strap, Stretchy Floating Glasses Strap Neoprene
They are just wetsuit material, or similar, stitched at the ends. I actually bought three individual ones in my own choice of colours.

As well as the white knuckle rides I also use them on ones where if my glasses got knocked off (I've been known to dislodge them accidentally, and it's an even bigger risk with mask wearing) they could be a total loss (~£300). So water rides, even Frozen, Pirates and Small World, Dinosaur, etc.

Er, what?
If you aren't each carrying your own phones, then they aren't any use for if you get separated. And if you lose the bag all three are gone. Etc.
So why are you carrying three phones around?
I only have all three in the bum bag when we are on rides. I use a really great pacsafe bag, with three prongs and metal hooks etc. It is going nowhere unless I am sliced in two.
Good tip for glasses as I worry about them getting squashed in the bag and lots of protective glasses cases are too bulky.

I worry about them getting squashed in the bag and lots of protective glasses cases are too bulky.
Exactly. The safest place for them is strapped to your face :)

On rides where an operator may question if my glasses are OK, or where the signage indicates that should be removed (this is usually at Busch, etc, rather than Disney), I try and pick a colour that shows against my hair, like red or blue. As they come to check the harness I turn my head and point to the strap and they nearly always say that's fine.

What are everyone’s Christmas plans? I have an MK APR for Christmas Eve with an early evening Wolfgang Puck reservation. AK on Christmas Day, hoping for Nomad’s Christmas drink around midday and then Chef Art in the evening and Epcot on Boxing Day with Morimito in the evening.
I had my Moderna booster yesterday. Either I forgot to relax my arm or the nurse was savage 😣. Astra Zeneca I had no side effects, but this morning my arm feels as though I have been punched.

What are everyone’s Christmas plans? I have an MK APR for Christmas Eve with an early evening Wolfgang Puck reservation. AK on Christmas Day, hoping for Nomad’s Christmas drink around midday and then Chef Art in the evening and Epcot on Boxing Day with Morimito in the evening.
I had my Moderna booster yesterday. Either I forgot to relax my arm or the nurse was savage 😣. Astra Zeneca I had no side effects, but this morning my arm feels as though I have been punched.
Oh how I wish your plans were mine :rotfl:
We are having dinner at home-cooked by me mostly.
Daughter, son-in-law and grandkids will be in Denmark visiting son-in-law's family as it's their turn :sad: I will miss them all.
Then it will be chocolate/wine/baileys/crisps/turkey/gammon/telly/snooze in no particular order throughout the day. I really, really want (need) a wdw christmas soon :rotfl:
Have a wonderful trip

:goodvibes

Christmas eve we are in Epcot with dinner at Via Napoli
Christmas day we are in MK, dinner at Olivia's at OKW and then plan to go back to MK in the evening.
For lunch on both days I plan to mobile order as soon as I arrive in the park to get a decent time slot!

I had no effects from the AZ jabs either but my arm was also tender the day after the Pfizer booster. From what I gather this difference is not unusual, and as the Moderna is an mRNA like Pfizer your experience doesn't sound worrisome.

Via Napoli
I have booked this for the first time. Have you been before?
What are your quick service plans for Epcot and MK? My daughter (sadly) likes Casey’s corner 😂, but I saw a spicy chicken waffle concoction available at the Sleepy Hollow, so I may try that. Epcot I am thinking of trying the American Eagle place but people say that the Polite Pig in DS is better. I quite like Les Halles. I was really hoping that Monsieur Paul would reopen.
@chefski are you going to do a food review?

Oh how I wish your plans were mine :rotfl:
We are having dinner at home-cooked by me mostly.
Daughter, son-in-law and grandkids will be in Denmark visiting son-in-law's family as it's their turn :sad: I will miss them all.
Then it will be chocolate/wine/baileys/crisps/turkey/gammon/telly/snooze in no particular order throughout the day. I really, really want (need) a wdw christmas soon :rotfl:
Have a wonderful trip

:goodvibes
I don’t suppose photographs will help? 😉

I have booked this for the first time. Have you been before?
What are your quick service plans for Epcot and MK? My daughter (sadly) likes Casey’s corner 😂, but I saw a spicy chicken waffle concoction available at the Sleepy Hollow, so I may try that. Epcot I am thinking of trying the American Eagle place but people say that the Polite Pig in DS is better. I quite like Les Halles. I was really hoping that Monsieur Paul would reopen.
@chefski are you going to do a food review?

Yes, we've been to Via Napoli once before and enjoyed it. We were on the DDP last time, though so I think this time we will just get a main meal and then get a dessert from one of the festival of the holiday booths.

At MK we really like Columbia harbour house, its a firm favourite! Or Pinochios would be the alternative. We don't like the food from Pecos Bills. DH likes hot dogs, but DD and I don't, and I'm not running round MK like a loony on Christmas day getting us food from different places!
Epcot we used to love Electric Umbrella, and also like Sunshine seasons, so will probably get something from there. I did read the EU replacement has been named but I can't remember when its due to open. I've seen some vlogs on the American pavilion QS, and I'm not convinced! Is the QS in China open again? - that was always ok ish!

Isn't it so lovely to be talking about proper WDW holiday planning! :lovestruc

We have a lot of ADRs booked :)

22nd Dec Le Cellier for Dinner
23rd Dec we have Boma in the evening
Xmas Eve We are at Universal AM then MK PM I have Crystal Palace buffet booked.
Xmas Day we are at MK I have BOG :) TY @Welsh_Dragon
Boxing Day we have Universal and Toothsome

We also have ADR's at Tusker House, Hollywood Brown Derby, Sanaa, Whispering Canyon and Ohana.

As expected by my name I was a chef and I love my food :)

The Patina Group which owns Space 220, Morimito Asia, the Edison, Enzo’s etc., has a Black Friday weekend gift card offer, buy $100 get $50 extra. You can use the gift cards at Space but not the bonus cards and there are date restrictions on the bonus cards.
Jaleo also has buy $500 get $650, bonus cards valid for 3 years. Landrys (BubbaGump UOR, Rainforest, TRex, Yak and Yeti) has spend $50 get an extra $20, but again conditions on the bonus cards. I can’t get the Landrys one to work even thought I am a select member.
Worth considering if you either like tapas or are making a return trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!