December 2021 trip planning

My planning today has been moving my hair appointment so I can book Candlelight Processional on 26th October 😄 DH wasn't going to be able to check for it either and I would have been like a crazy person refreshing my phone at the hairdressers.

I have never been at Christmas before and probably wont get another opportunity so it is a bit of a must do for me!!
Without having a dining plan for it, will we be able to see it do you think?

Just another heads up, Virgin are playing with flight times again.
Think its mostly the early December flights at the moment. Although my flight times haven't changed, outbound it has the warning symbol with the supposed old flight time too. But the arrival flight time never was that time!
My seats are still the same, but I shall certainly be keeping an eye on it!

I was just reading through the US travel requirements on the BA website and the website says the following document has to be submitted. Sorry if that has been asked before but how do people deal with the requirements under section 2 point 3?

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/NCEZID-FRM-Combo-Passenger-Disclose-508.pdf
If you sign section 2.1, (fully vaccinated) you ignore the rest of the form and just sign the declaration. From 2.2 onwards is for people who are not vaccinated.

Although my flight times haven't changed, outbound it has the warning symbol with the supposed old flight time too. But the arrival flight time never was that time!
Are you sure it's showing the old time as well? If so they've changed it.
VA notifications could be a bit confusing as when a time changed, even by 5 minutes, you got the notification of the new times, but there was no reference to the original time(s) anywhere. (I've now taken to keeping a separate note of the original times and all changes.)

It seems unhelpful but I guess it's to avoid any possibility of someone mixing up the old and new times and then turning up late - it probably happened and they got shouted at.

Can I just check that if I am flying on Tuesday, I can test anytime on the Saturday. Our flights just got moved back an hour as well

Are you sure it's showing the old time as well? If so they've changed it.
VA notifications could be a bit confusing as when a time changed, even by 5 minutes, you got the notification of the new times, but there was no reference to the original time(s) anywhere. (I've now taken to keeping a separate note of the original times and all changes.)

It seems unhelpful but I guess it's to avoid any possibility of someone mixing up the old and new times and then turning up late - it probably happened and they got shouted at.
Yes its the same times as they changed it to last time.
It never has been a 9.25pm arrival! I've always had a direct flight booked, so unless they are going a really long way round, the flight would never take that long.
Unless they are getting confused with the time difference lol!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211113-172347_Virgin Atlantic.jpg
    Screenshot_20211113-172347_Virgin Atlantic.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 5
Can I just check that if I am flying on Tuesday, I can test anytime on the Saturday. Our flights just got moved back an hour as well
I'm pretty sure a Saturday flight means you can test from a Wednesday.
We are flying on a Sunday, so will test on Thursday

It never has been a 9.25pm arrival! I've always had a direct flight booked, so unless they are going a really long way round, the flight would never take that long.
OIC. I've never used their app, so that's new to me.
Certainly sounds like something got messed up. Maybe the 2125 got into the system, but was corrected before you actually got to look at the notification. (Ie. there were actually two changes in the system.)

29 days until UOR and 32 days until WDW. Feeling optimistic although reading the news about the Netherlands is concerning …. for the people of the Netherlands and then selfishly me.
I hummed and hawed about booking an airport hotel, travelling to the airport by car or taxi, travelling from Wales or Oxfordshire (where son and daughter work), but eventually we settled on everyone returning to Wales pre trip and driving from here the morning of our flight. It makes sense because my daughter and I have dogs from the same litter and we kennel them together in Wales when we go away and it means that we can all do the pre departure COVID tests together.
Our flight is from LHR at midday, so it will be an early start. My daughter and I are organised but my son is in the he will ‘be late for his own funeral’ camp. I may have to lie to him about what time we need to set off.
I don’t actually mind the drive up to LHR but sometimes the drive back after an overnight flight can be brutal.
Apart from packing, the only thing I have left to organise are some touring plans; I am waiting as TP have said that they are going to incorporate LLs into their plans by the end of the month. And I need to buy UOR tickets for my son.
How are everyone else’s plans progressing?

29 days until UOR and 32 days until WDW. Feeling optimistic although reading the news about the Netherlands is concerning …. for the people of the Netherlands and then selfishly me.
I hummed and hawed about booking an airport hotel, travelling to the airport by car or taxi, travelling from Wales or Oxfordshire (where son and daughter work), but eventually we settled on everyone returning to Wales pre trip and driving from here the morning of our flight. It makes sense because my daughter and I have dogs from the same litter and we kennel them together in Wales when we go away and it means that we can all do the pre departure COVID tests together.
Our flight is from LHR at midday, so it will be an early start. My daughter and I are organised but my son is in the he will ‘be late for his own funeral’ camp. I may have to lie to him about what time we need to set off.
I don’t actually mind the drive up to LHR but sometimes the drive back after an overnight flight can be brutal.
Apart from packing, the only thing I have left to organise are some touring plans; I am waiting as TP have said that they are going to incorporate LLs into their plans by the end of the month. And I need to buy UOR tickets for my son.
How are everyone else’s plans progressing?

Im in panic mode (well not quite) for some reason, we have done everything apart from the pre flight tests and day 2 on return. booking them today / tomorrow.

Just had notification that my flight times have changed again, Airport transport sorted so I am hoping we have everything under control, usually have no issues even thinking about getting ready but really nervous this time.

Im hoping that I have everything done. most my ADR's, all documents ESTAS, passports etc.

I'll be paying off our KSC tickets and off site hotel this week. I can also book our video appointments with Qured on Tuesday. I need to book our transportation to and from MCO, think I will use Skippy Transportation. That will be everything booked and paid for then that I can do in advance.

I've bought sun lotion, but not sure how much we'll need to use. I will just leave what we don't use in our owners locker for next August.

I've got my list of what I need to buy for the holiday started - extra meds, new water shoes for DD etc. DD and I have sorted out some holiday clothes and Minnie ears, so I think we're all set.

I need to change a bit of cash up, just for when we're only spending a few dollars or for bellhop etc.

I will also be buying drinks and pre packed pastries to leave in the car for when we get home. I've done that the last few times, and it works well - its better than the Virgin Atlantic breakfast!

We have a couple of family meals on the two weekends before we go - but I'll be saying no offence, but we aren't doing hugs and kisses as we have tests to do in a few days!

I have hair and nail appointments booked too.

This time in 5 weeks we'll be waiting to board :)

One thing I am doing is moving as many ADRs as possible over to OT, just to give us some extra flexibility.
Is anyone taking Christmas jumpers? Two years ago my daughter was watching an MK Christmas parade wearing a Donald Duck Disney jumper and Donald came over to her and gave her a hug and made a fuss of her. It only dawned on her afterwards that it was because of the jumper and now she is insisting on taking the same jumper this year, rather than buying a new one. 😂

We have fleeces in our owners locker, and my DD is planning on buying the Earidesent spirit jersey. We won't be buying Christmas jumpers, maybe a Christmas t shirt if we see some. Really hoping for warm weather!

One thing I am doing is moving as many ADRs as possible over to OT, just to give us some extra flexibility.
Is anyone taking Christmas jumpers? Two years ago my daughter was watching an MK Christmas parade wearing a Donald Duck Disney jumper and Donald came over to her and gave her a hug and made a fuss of her. It only dawned on her afterwards that it was because of the jumper and now she is insisting on taking the same jumper this year, rather than buying a new one. 😂
Not sure about the temp we usually go November and its not that bad. Maybe buy a Xmas jumper while im there. Im starting to buzz a little counting down the days. Just under 4 weeks :)

Just 1 ADR to sort :) and them im sorted.

Its my wife's birthday on the 20th December and hoping to get a cake from Amorettes. Anyone had the signature cake from there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter