Dec 5, 2009 -- now traveling to Tortola

We're renting a car for just over $50 to the port and about $60 from the port. So what would have cost us almost $300 through Disney is costing us $110. Plus, we'll have the freedom to make any grocery stops, ect. Is it too late to cancel and book one way rentals? I would guess it would be since we're past the cancellation period???

Sounds like you have it al planned out well:goodvibes We are taking the pricier than a rental car, but easier route (not that rental car return is hard, but we like to totally relax when we arrive at port) of Tiffany Towncar from WDW to the port for almost as much as the one way trasnfers (I think it is $125 for the four of us--we got a $10 disount). The will make a grocery store.liquor store stop for us if we want (for free) but I think we will be set from our groceries we are getting for the WDW Villa. On the way home we have a one way rental car for the day for $45 (plus gas and tolls) but it will still be much cheaper than DCL AND our flight is not unitl 8 pm so that allows us to shop, or eat or what not during the day (we could do that at MCO--but what would we do with our luggage:confused3).
Now I'm a little concerned about our transfer. We bought the Disney transfers because our TA looked into taxi's/cars and said it was more expensive. I didn't even know you could rent a car one way; nor did I know it was that long of a drive! Ack, we may be the last one's on board!
Michelle, Mousesaves.com does a GREAT job of showing you all the options of getting to port and cost comparisons:thumbsup2

Ooh, I like sneaky idea's! Thanks for your help! Dinner for two sounds great! :banana:
We'll work it out:) Just remember I am on German time (so it is almost 5:30 om now) so we need to work out a time when we are both awakepirate:

I hope it was you you took that last Palo slot on the Friday Hadley. Currently, there are no Palo dinners available again. :(

Has anyone rented a paddle boat or the aqua trike when at Castaway Cay. I'm wondering if it's worth the money or not. The aqua trike looks really cool and I know my daughter would just love it. Plus I was hoping to get closer to the Pirate ship for some pictures.

Thanks! Rosemary

I hope it was you you took that last Palo slot on the Friday Hadley. Currently, there are no Palo dinners available again. :(

I still have my reservation for my birthday that i do not want--figured I would wait to cancel until a DISser needed it;)

With all this talk of alternative transportation, we've decided to cancel our DME from the resort to Tiffany. There are 6 of us, but the vehicle we'd be taking can take up to 10.

Anybody care to share the cost? Total amount is $170 plus 20% tip, but under $200 to be appropriately split.

With all this talk of alternative transportation, we've decided to cancel our DME from the resort to Tiffany. There are 6 of us, but the vehicle we'd be taking can take up to 10.

Anybody care to share the cost? Total amount is $170 plus 20% tip, but under $200 to be appropriately split.

Oh Barry--we might drop our towncar and ride with you. They will usually pick up at two resorts for a minimal amount more ($10-$20). WE would save a bit AND get to meet you sooner. How soon do you plan to arrive at the terminal?

Girl, I hate, hate, hate them too (which is why I don't do them often enough). However, just did the P90X Ab Ripper and it kicked my booty! Yeah, I'm about 12 lbs. from my goal, but not sure if I will get there before the trip. These last 15 have been so hard!

OK, so what's this P90x Ab Ripper?

Thank you Amy, Hadley and "Tower" for all the great info! I feel SO behind!

A little about us, we are from just north of Dallas. My husband and I have lived here all our lives. We have been on about 5 Carnival cruises, but this is our first Disney Cruise. We have heard nothing but wonderful things about them, and are so excited for this one! We have been to St. Croix & St. Thomas, but never with our kids (5.5 and 1.5), so this should be interesting. :)

So, does anyone know if there are specific nights for adult entertainment that I should try to get the little one into babysitting for? It's good to hear that this cruise may not be super full if we want to add babysitting on board. What else do I need to know?

Anyone know anything about the Dolphin Encounter in Tortola? I was thinking my daughter may like that one, and my son can just watch. What about CC? I was thinking of not booking anything there, and just playing it by ear when we get there. There isn't a whole lot you can do with a 1.5 yo, so beach time is the main thing on our agenda.

How will I know you guys when I get aboard? How formal are the formal nights? I'm sure I'll think of more questions, but for now, that's what I got. Thanks again, and I will keep reading back posts to get us much info, and get to "know" you guys as much as possible!

THANKS!
Michelle

My experience has been there are no really late nights on the cruise. Since everyone is traveling with family and the days are so filled with adventure the ship shuts down fairly early. There are some adult shows later in the evening but you might want to check the kids activities areas for hours of operation before you book a babysitter. I have never had really little ones on the cruise so not sure how late that one stays open. Welcome to the site!

I am still interested, but have you called Tiffany, or did you just read the website? I read it that the $170 is for a 7 passenger van and it is $75 more for 8-10 passengers, but I may be wrong--it is very unclear.

I am still interested, but have you called Tiffany, or did you just read the website? I read it that the $170 is for a 7 passenger van and it is $75 more for 8-10 passengers, but I may be wrong--it is very unclear.

I did call Tiffany and I understand that the $170 covers the whole van, so if we fill it with 10 people, which would be us, then it's $17 per person, plus tip, one way.

My experience has been there are no really late nights on the cruise. Since everyone is traveling with family and the days are so filled with adventure the ship shuts down fairly early. There are some adult shows later in the evening but you might want to check the kids activities areas for hours of operation before you book a babysitter. I have never had really little ones on the cruise so not sure how late that one stays open. Welcome to the site!

I know the club and lab are open until either midnight or 1:00 (whichever it is, it is hilarious to watch the adult club empty out all of the sudden 4 minutes before the kids' clubs close:lmao:). I don't know how late Flounders is open though. Marika "babysat" a friend's cone once on teh cruise. They wanted him to sleep and not need to be moved (mats are provided so the kids all fall asleep in the clubs too) and Marika is always ready to curl up with a good book or moie after late dining so she was more than happy to read/watch TV in their room and call if there was a problem (he never once woke up) and earn a little money in the process:goodvibes Michelle, any chance you are traveling with someone with a tween/teen that you trust? That worked so well.

Marika "babysat" a friend's cone once on teh cruise. They wanted him to sleep and not need to be moved (mats are provided so the kids all fall asleep in the clubs too) and Marika is always ready to curl up with a good book or moie after late dining so she was more than happy to read/watch TV in their room and call if there was a problem (he never once woke up) and earn a little money in the process

Mom the outsourcing agent. Ever thought of starting a recruiting company out there in Heidleburg?:lmao::laughing::dance3:

Mom the outsourcing agent. Ever thought of starting a recruiting company out there in Heidleburg?:lmao::laughing::dance3:

Not trying to outsource Marika (she may want to do the kids' clubs activities this time--anyhting is possible):lmao: Just trying to give moms some ideas. Really:rotfl2:

How cool, Carmen! We live in Anna - know where that is? My husband has lots of family in Gainesville (Know any of the Schumacher's?) and his mother grew up in Muenster. We go to the Muenster Germanfest every year. Can't wait to meet you! You will LOVE cruising! It's our favorite vacation.

Howdy neighbor - we're from Plano ... look forward to meeting you!

:thanks:

I've got a grin on my face a mile wide. :teeth:
Thanks for the prayers and pixie dust. :tinker: It must have worked because it doesn't seem that the calcium deposits have really changed since the last mamo, so I just have to go back in 6 months for another one. Thanks for the terriffic advice as well. I even managed to sleep last night. You cannot imagine how much all of you helped. :sunny:

This is going to be such a great cruise.

See you all on the ship! party:

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Congrats to you too Tower.:woohoo:

Is there still a list going of who signed up for which days?? It would be nice to spread magic thru out the cruise. Here is the last one I could find:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyoftwinfants
Saturday - mommyoftwinfants
Sunday - deebits
Monday - carmie3377
Tuesday - fluvannaj
Wednesday - NHdisneylover
Thursday - hurley03
Friday - Available

Since we now have 16 cabins participating, days will be at least doubled up.

Thanks! Looking forward to it all (can't believe it is under a month now!)

This time next month, we'll be meeting for breakfast!!

Fluvanna

Since we only had 6 sign up and we were in August I thought it would nice to receive a gift each day for little ones.... now that we are at 15 dis'ers everyone can pretty much deliver what ever day they would like... but if everyone who did pick a day could please deliver that day so as we can still have a little surprise each day....if you cannot deliver that day let me know....Thanks

If anyone would like for me to put them down for a day just let know and I will update the list...sending it out at 5pm CST just waiting for 1 person to send me their info... :)

First of all, this time next month, we'll be on the ship!! Woohoo :yay:

I received the lanyards and holders in the mail today, and they look great. To date, I have received $103 in donations for the lanyards. If you would like to contribute (any amount $5-$40 is welcome), please PM me. Hadley is going to contribute at the port to avoid shipping delays/costs, but even after her donation and mine, I am hoping to get another $50 gathered to cover the rest of the costs including the badge printing. Anyone feeling generous?

Can you please let me know if the badges for the holders need to be portrait or landscape...Thanks

Hello All! I am totally new to the DIS board, and wow, is there a lot going on! My little family of four is headed out on this cruise as well; only thirty days to go! We have cruised several times before, but never on DCL, and this will be the first cruise for my kiddo's. I feel really behind, as I haven't booked any excursions, babysitting, anything!

My kiddo's are 5 and 19 months. I would like to book a couple evenings of babysitting for the little one, but not sure which nights to select. Does anyone have any insight on the itinerary?

Also, any suggestions on family friendly excursions for my age kids at the ports would be appreciated! We can't wait to see everyone for a fantastic time!

Michelle

:welcome:

Sounds to me that it rips your abs right out of you, so it gives your stomach extra room to store all that Disney Cruise food!:lmao:
LMAO! Yep, that's about right!

OK, so what's this P90x Ab Ripper?
It's just a horrible ab workout, you know, horrible in a kick your butt kinda way. If you go to p90x . com you can see all of the workouts!

Howdy neighbor - we're from Plano ... look forward to meeting you!
Hey There! Can't wait to meet ya!

Hadley, wish I had a teen or Grandma going to help, but we're on our own this go round. Honestly, DH will probably be ready for bed by 10 PM, so we should be ok. I'm the party animal in this marriage. :cool1:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter