DDP vs TIW

Absolutely TIW. But I have determined that I will not be using the dining plan again.

I have the same opinion as TDC Nala. The TIW offers flexibility. I wouldn't do a dining plan again even if I didn't have the TIW card.

So you believe that the TIW is worth it? I'm really trying to decide if we should get the TIW or just don't get anything. I think I had already decided that we really didn't want the DDP.

So you believe that the TIW is worth it? I'm really trying to decide if we should get the TIW or just don't get anything. I think I had already decided that we really didn't want the DDP.

It is worth it if you know your OOP meal costs will be at least $375. If you are one who enjoys a cocktail or two with your meals, have a bigger party, will be visiting WDW more than once or eating TS meals every single day, it makes it worth it.

We are debating the purchase of this card as well. We know we will be going 3 times within the year but we will probably only be doing a total of 8 TS meals for all three trips. But than again, maybe if we have the card and are saving money, it might be worth doing a TS lunch daily--it would break up our day.

It's worth it if you are going to be eating at a lot of participating restaurants with a large party (TIW covers up to 10 persons in one party), and/or making multiple trips. It can also be useful if you prefer to order alcoholic beverages. It's not all that useful if you prefer CS meals as there are only nine CS restaurants that accept it. It's also blacked out on major holidays.

If you will be spending more than $375 on eligible food and beverages in your years membership you WILL realize savings. How much will depend on how much you spend over that. You're also allowed more flexibility in ordering when you have TIW, because it's not the same as prepayment, which is what you are doing on DDP. On regular DDP if you eat at an a la carte restaurant you prepay for an entree and dessert and one non-alcoholic beverage (not including those with souvenir cups or glow cubes). If you order anything else, that's outside cost.

Is the TIW card good from January through December or is it good for a year from the time you buy it? We are going in September 2011 and May 2012. Would I have to buy a new card in May?

If you buy a card in September 2011 it should be good through the end of October 2012. Mine was purchased October 4, 2010 and expires November 30, 2011.

You must have an annual pass to purchase the card (or be a Florida resident).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter