DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Well, hap hap happy afternoon from the town where Mary plies her trade.
As a Nanny. C'mon. Jeez.

We're looking at October 17th through the 23rd right now (depending on just how many wrenches get tossed into the works.)
22 - 28th for us, unless the planes cant get any jet fuel.

That would be Barnstable, but close. That's awesome! When are you looking to come out? You'll have to let me know so we can meet up...that's if you want to be seen with me. I have had my shots, so I'm cootie free. :teeth:
We looked and looked for Air BnBs, but there are pretty few and a fortune. So we might be going for Chicago, especially as the dates we are looking at the Cubbies are at home.
I told the wife once that I was the man of the house and that meant I was in charge.
Oh....no.
Well...
We're in the midst of a self-inflicted petrol shortage down this'a way
(just as I'll be needing a couple full tanks for travelin' this weekend)
This seems like the definition of a self fulfilling prophecy.
Beaver and Wood are certainly found together often.
Made it home. It's been a long day. Glad to be home.
trust it all went OK buddy.

Have a supercalifrajilisticexpealidocious day boys.

It'll be recorded by the local TV access station and put up online, and I'll share that link when I have it.
Looking forward to that. Never seen one before.
:teeth: I told the wife once that I was the man of the house and that meant I was in charge. Yeah that didn't go over well. :laughing:
I hope you thanked her profusely when she handed your testicles back.
There's little to none available for at least 100 miles in any direction from my house, and it's pretty much a sudden petrol desert now from Virginia to Florida.
Holy smokes!!
As a Nanny. C'mon. Jeez.
That went from interesting to disappointing in two sentences.
::yes::

Morning
Camel GIF - Camel GIFs

Back at work today and I got the whole floor by myself. Ugh.

Well...mostly paperwork and getting computer, badge, etc., so it just kinda was. Nothing horrible, but nothing stellar either.

Better in all respects(salary, 401k matching, benefits, etc), except one...less vacation time. The good thing is with the salary bump, I could take a couple weeks without pay and still end up with more in the bank.

More money is a good thing. Hope it works out.

Really rethinking our trip to Disney on Sunday...
Well, the "word is", that this should clear up by Friday or Saturday.
I ain't so certain that they can distribute that much fuel to all the stations quite so quickly, but we'll see how it rolls.

We're planning to travel down to the SC coast this Sunday so I need to make sure that at least one of my vehicles has about 200 miles worth of fuel before we start out. As such, I be leaving one of them parked for the foreseeable future.

There are a couple of stations that got in more supply today but the lines are already out the lots and down the road. I'd hate to get caught in a couple hour line only to have them run out before I can get my share of the rations.

So then there's an outside possibility that we'll be in near the same spot for maybe a day and a half.

Morning, Gents! Worked at the mother office yesterday, and will be there today, and if there's one thing I've learned is that I prefer to be out in the practices. Interacting with patients all day helps to make the day go by quickly. Then again, there's only two other people in my area of the office, so kind of quiet. Because the project I'm working on, and the lack of people in the office, I put my ear buds in and listen to podcasts and music all day...so there's a plus. Oh, I did finally meet my manager yesterday. She was in the office for the day and swung by. We talked and I have some good news and not-so-bad news. The not-so-bad news is that I still don't have a job offer yet. The higher ups seem to be dragging their feet on buying out my contract. The good news is the position that was open, and I filled as a temp, is mine. We just have to wait for the higher ups to make the decision to buy my contract out. So the waiting continues.

Aaaaaannnnd... that'd be a no.

There's little to none available for at least 100 miles in any direction from my house, and it's pretty much a sudden petrol desert now from Virginia to Florida.

Man, that sucks....sorry man.

Really rethinking our trip to Disney on Sunday...

I think a lot of vacations are being re-thought right now.

As a Nanny. C'mon. Jeez.

:wave:

We looked and looked for Air BnBs, but there are pretty few and a fortune. So we might be going for Chicago, especially as the dates we are looking at the Cubbies are at home.

Yeah, things are very expensive out here in the Land of Cape Cod. Maybe next time.

Oh....no.

Yeeeeaaaaahhhh.

:thumbsup2

Have a supercalifrajilisticexpealidocious day boys.

You, too!

Oh I did, and then slinked away to hide in my blanket fort. No girls allowed, you know, so she couldn't get in. :thumbsup2:teeth:

Talk about Wednesday comin' at ya with some force.

Well, the "word is", that this should clear up by Friday or Saturday.
I ain't so certain that they can distribute that much fuel to all the stations quite so quickly, but we'll see how it rolls.

Yeah I don't believe it. It'll take time before all the gas is distributed.

Morning, Gents! Worked at the mother office yesterday, and will be there today, and if there's one thing I've learned is that I prefer to be out in the practices. Interacting with patients all day helps to make the day go by quickly. Then again, there's only two other people in my area of the office, so kind of quiet. Because the project I'm working on, and the lack of people in the office, I put my ear buds in and listen to podcasts and music all day...so there's a plus. Oh, I did finally meet my manager yesterday. She was in the office for the day and swung by. We talked and I have some good news and not-so-bad news. The not-so-bad news is that I still don't have a job offer yet. The higher ups seem to be dragging their feet on buying out my contract. The good news is the position that was open, and I filled as a temp, is mine. We just have to wait for the higher ups to make the decision to buy my contract out. So the waiting continues.

Congrats!

Man. We are really only a couple of steps from total anarchy at any time, aren't we?

Oh, I'm sure nothing will go wrong between now and then.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

The not-so-bad news is that I still don't have a job offer yet. The higher ups seem to be dragging their feet on buying out my contract. The good news is the position that was open, and I filled as a temp, is mine. We just have to wait for the higher ups to make the decision to buy my contract out. So the waiting continues.

Well, here's hoping they give you a good answer soon!

Morning boys

The not-so-bad news is that I still don't have a job offer yet. The higher ups seem to be dragging their feet on buying out my contract. The good news is the position that was open, and I filled as a temp, is mine. We just have to wait for the higher ups to make the decision to buy my contract out. So the waiting continues.
That sounds good. Much better than "We're gonna have to let you go."
Oh I did, and then slinked away to hide in my blanket fort. No girls allowed, you know, so she couldn't get in. :thumbsup2:teeth:
Wise move. Retreat today to... well... retreat again another day.

Howdy gents. I’m never sure how a week goes by so fast, but here we are.
After finishing up that 2 day company training course. I had another few days of work to clue up before I started a week off yesterday.

Good timing since youngest DD has a dance competition this weekend. I’m sure @pkondz and @CapeCodTenor can attest to how busy that gets. DD is pretty excited to have competition again after more than a year. It’s a bit different this time of course with some restrictions. Only one parent is allowed to see the show in person. I’ll be the taxi driver for the most part, but the upside is I’ll have the house to myself most of the weekend. Pants and nutritious meals are optional!

The question is did you wash it before you left 14 months ago?
Given the 14 months of dust on my mug, yes it was washed vigorously with hot water and plenty of soap.

You know, kind of like I’d treat that Thai woman’s beav...ahem...

That's funny because there has probably been more out and out brawls in baseball than hockey over the last few years.
Yeah, I know there have been some. But I’ve never seen one during a game I watched. I’d probably turn it off if there was. If I wanted to see a guys pound the carp out if each other, I’d turn on MMA. I don’t for a reason. Just not my thing.

And suddenly... they announce that everyone 12 and up will have the shot by the end of the month!?!?
I may be a tad skeptical... but still hopeful
Same thing happened here yesterday. Last week it was only ages 70+. Then all of a sudden it opened up to everyone 12+. It was like Oprah giving out cars. You get a vaccine and you get a vaccine! I have my appointment for the 30th.

My numbers are always: 4 8 15 16 23 42
I hope those numbers never get LOST

Hung over.
That is all.
That is enough.

Friday at work I got work at the main office with Ms. Voluptuous. Mmmm. (heavy sigh)
I saw a few posts a while back about her various “talents”.
How is she at dictation?
Wondering if she’s a cunning linguist

Thanks for the wishes over on FB. My dad died on Friday AM and the funeral is Tuesday.
Norm, I’m really sorry to hear about your dad’s passing. Apologies the sentiment is a but late. I’ve been off grid here and FB for the past week.
Wishing you and your family the best as you move forward.

Afternoon Dads! Looks like all are doing well except Papa Randall reconsidering his WDW trip :eek:.One more day! I will check-in and post more on that other site as it's just so much easier especially on the phone. Stay safe out there and hope you are doing better Norm.
Bacon, bourbon, cigars and Mickey Bars!
Well...
We're in the midst of a self-inflicted petrol shortage down this'a way
(just as I'll be needing a couple full tanks for travelin' this weekend)

If the Missus can't find a station that still has some remaining liquid assets, I'll be out later this evening trying to scrounge up a gallon or three.
Same here but able to get all 3 topped off just before folks starting pumping gas into plastic bags and kiddie play pools .................They did start the pumping systems back up now so hopefully the panic mongers will chill out a bit
Now that's a good plan right there - GO CUBS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter