• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one standing in the Rose n Crown after Half n half's, gets to take Mary Poppins home.
And let me tell ya, when she says she needs her chimney sweeping, you don't need to bring no brush.

Have a great weekend chaps.

Thought you were going to say they get to take @budamacdvcr home.

There ya' go...
I knew I could count on my neighbors to maintain the high standards to which we've become so accustomed.

I read a comment once. "A person is smart, but people are stupid"
"A person is smart, people are dumb panicky animals, and you know it..."
- Agent K

I hope those numbers never get LOST
Well, as the show demonstrated, only good things happen to people who play those numbers.
Ahhhhh...
That 'splains it.

Watched a little bit of the first episode, decided that they were just stranded in something like a purgatory, and never watched it again.

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one standing in the Rose n Crown after Half n half's, gets to take Mary Poppins home.
And let me tell ya, when she says she needs her chimney sweeping, you don't need to bring no brush.
Well of course not...

She can pull just about any toy or implement you could ever need or want out'a that little ol' carpetbag she always carries with her.

I think we may have a winner here...
yeah...

That one's gonn'a be a mite tough to out do.

Well, the silliness is over. We have a future date in June on when masks will no longer be required, except for certain exceptions, one of those being health care facilities. So, I'm stuck wearing the mask for a bit longer at work. Upon further review, the silliness shall continue. I wonder what other crisis we can manufacture now. Surely it won't involve putting gasoline in plastic bags.

Morning, Gents! Worked at the mother office yesterday, and will be there today, and if there's one thing I've learned is that I prefer to be out in the practices. Interacting with patients all day helps to make the day go by quickly. Then again, there's only two other people in my area of the office, so kind of quiet. Because the project I'm working on, and the lack of people in the office, I put my ear buds in and listen to podcasts and music all day...so there's a plus. Oh, I did finally meet my manager yesterday. She was in the office for the day and swung by. We talked and I have some good news and not-so-bad news. The not-so-bad news is that I still don't have a job offer yet. The higher ups seem to be dragging their feet on buying out my contract. The good news is the position that was open, and I filled as a temp, is mine. We just have to wait for the higher ups to make the decision to buy my contract out. So the waiting continues.

Man, that sucks....sorry man.

I think a lot of vacations are being re-thought right now.

Hope they buy out the contract. I guess the bean counters are determining your worth. Good luck.

Man. We are really only a couple of steps from total anarchy at any time, aren't we?

Oh, I'm sure nothing will go wrong between now and then.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Well, here's hoping they give you a good answer soon!

They should have been wearing double masks too. It's challenging to keep up with which particular panic carp must be followed.

Howdy gents. I’m never sure how a week goes by so fast, but here we are.
After finishing up that 2 day company training course. I had another few days of work to clue up before I started a week off yesterday.

Good timing since youngest DD has a dance competition this weekend. I’m sure @pkondz and @CapeCodTenor can attest to how busy that gets. DD is pretty excited to have competition again after more than a year. It’s a bit different this time of course with some restrictions. Only one parent is allowed to see the show in person. I’ll be the taxi driver for the most part, but the upside is I’ll have the house to myself most of the weekend. Pants and nutritious meals are optional!

Given the 14 months of dust on my mug, yes it was washed vigorously with hot water and plenty of soap.

You know, kind of like I’d treat that Thai woman’s beav...ahem...

Yeah, I know there have been some. But I’ve never seen one during a game I watched. I’d probably turn it off if there was. If I wanted to see a guys pound the carp out if each other, I’d turn on MMA. I don’t for a reason. Just not my thing.

Same thing happened here yesterday. Last week it was only ages 70+. Then all of a sudden it opened up to everyone 12+. It was like Oprah giving out cars. You get a vaccine and you get a vaccine! I have my appointment for the 30th.

I hope those numbers never get LOST

That is enough.

I saw a few posts a while back about her various “talents”.
How is she at dictation?
Wondering if she’s a cunning linguist

Norm, I’m really sorry to hear about your dad’s passing. Apologies the sentiment is a but late. I’ve been off grid here and FB for the past week.
Wishing you and your family the best as you move forward.

Thank you.

Afternoon Dads! Looks like all are doing well except Papa Randall reconsidering his WDW trip :eek:.One more day! I will check-in and post more on that other site as it's just so much easier especially on the phone. Stay safe out there and hope you are doing better Norm.
Bacon, bourbon, cigars and Mickey Bars!

Same here but able to get all 3 topped off just before folks starting pumping gas into plastic bags and kiddie play pools .................They did start the pumping systems back up now so hopefully the panic mongers will chill out a bit

Now that's a good plan right there - GO CUBS!

Thanks. Glad you survived the gas shortage.

- Agent K

Tommy Lee Jones had some great character movie quotes.

- Agent K
That too.
I'm almost positive that my quote predates MIB... but I can't find the reference. I could be wrong, too.
Well, the silliness is over. We have a future date in June on when masks will no longer be required, except for certain exceptions, one of those being health care facilities. So, I'm stuck wearing the mask for a bit longer at work.
And yet... it's a step in the right direction, I think?

Whether you think it's silly or smart, wise or foolish, a giant hoax or a valid concern... anything that gets us back to normal, would be a good thing, no?

Morning, Gents! Finally made it to the weekend, and a lovely weekend it's supposed to be here in the land of Cape Cod. Not sure what I'm going to do, but I'm going to enjoy it. Oh, and a trip to my chair to inspect the inside of my eyelids will be in there somewhere. Outside that? Not much going on. Have a good day.

That’s good planning. Double bagging is the way to go.
I saw a video last night of a guy filling small Tupperware containers. Of course every time he pulled the trigger on the nozzle, the gas would spray out and up from the containers.

She was smart to double bag. I mean, that's pretty safe, right?

Stupid is as stupid does.

Brilliant!
Love when people are doing their best to thin the gene pool

::yes::

Morning Gents, happy Friday!

Here is a couple more Darwin Award nominees.

View attachment 574979

There it is. 👆

I continue to be amazed at how stupid people can be.

True story: one of my earliest dates with my future wife was a Flyers game. She had never been to a hockey game before. Right about the 3rd period, she leans over and whispers, "I want to see a fight." That's the moment I knew she was the one.

:thumbsup2

Everyone in this country is now dumber for having lived through the last year.

(heavy sigh) Yep.

You know... that crossed my mind too. Jerry cans make sense. But... tubs? Tupperware? Bags???

If it carries something, people will try and use it.

Hope they buy out the contract. I guess the bean counters are determining your worth. Good luck.

So do I.

Morning guys.
I could use a few positive thoughts and prayers if you are so inclined. My wife’s uncle passed away suddenly last night. Massive heart attack, he was only 62. Wife is having a hard time with it. Aside from her father and (on most days, I guess) me, her uncle was the most important man in her life. She lived with him for a couple years during university and he helped her though a rough time back then. She’s particularly feeling a lot of guilt for not seeing him much over the last year. It sucks.
Reminds me to enjoy every day as much as you can.
Have a good one guys.

Morning guys.
I could use a few positive thoughts and prayers if you are so inclined. My wife’s uncle passed away suddenly last night. Massive heart attack, he was only 62. Wife is having a hard time with it. Aside from her father and (on most days, I guess) me, her uncle was the most important man in her life. She lived with him for a couple years during university and he helped her though a rough time back then. She’s particularly feeling a lot of guilt for not seeing him much over the last year. It sucks.
Have a good one guys.

Sorry to hear Jeff. Hugs to your wife and family.

Morning guys.
Have a good one guys.

That's rough, Jeff. My prayers go out to your wife and family.

Morning guys.
Have a good one guys.
praying for peace

Morning guys.
Have a good one guys.
All the best to Lady Terra Nova mate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter