DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Watching the game now on the PVR. Good game so far. Very fast paced.

Let us know how it turns out. Better yet, if it is really good, make me one and ship it to me. :rotfl:

Turned out good! I got 4 thumbs up which ain't all that common.

Buddy, I don't think a couple of weeks go by without you being called in on what seems ridiculous notice. Can they not get good people to help out, or are you that guy that knows it inside out?

It's just the way the cookie crumbles. We have a limited (short) staff. When someone calls in sick, there ain't too many to call. Ergo, I get a lot of calls on my days off.
But not many more. I have two scheduled overtimes for December 5,6 and then after that, a cycle of work then holidays until the 26th. I think I can't legally work much more anyway.

*EDIT* Well I didn't expect to see Prince Harry in the build up....

Didn't see any pre-game stuff. He was there? Huh. Didn't know.

So, like Super Bowl, but better. :rotfl2:

Twice as good?

I don't really watch CFL much, but when I am home I usually watch the Grey Cup. Of course I'm stuck overseas until this weekend, so I'm reduced to checking the scoreboard on the TSN website. I tried to figure out a way to watch online streaming but too many hurdles in the way ("this content cannot be viewed in your region" o_O)

Too bad. Both teams playing inspired football.

Let us know how it turns out. I enjoy a slow cooker roast, but I usually just throw it in with beef broth and plain old salt & pepper, a little onion powder. Boring I know.

It was good!
Here's the recipe (from memory)
Slice 3 carrots, 2 celery, two onions and a cup of mushrooms. Quarter 4 potatoes. Toss everything in the slow cooker except the mushrooms. Coat a 3-4 lb chuck roast with 1/2 cup flour some kosher salt and pepper. Sear. Toss it on the veggies, cover with mushrooms, dump in a cup or so of beef broth, cook on low for 12 hours.

No stop bothering me. I have a game to watch.

Happy Monday Chaps, from a bright but cold London.

Off to the Paris House of the Mouse on Thursday. It does make you stop and think, as when they picked up those guys in France, one of the plots was for DL Paris on 1st Dec, and we would have been in the Park.

Didn't see any pre-game stuff. He was there? Huh. Didn't know.
He did a TV cut in to promote the Invictus games.
You get CFL in the UK too? Cool.
Yep. A lot less coverage than the NFL, but there's normally a least a couple of games a week, mostly not live. Safe trip back, when do you get back home?

Have a great day all....

Morning fellas. It is a cold & rainy day here. Not much new going on today, but it was an exciting Kansas City vs Denver game. Still pending on a new job I applied for. It would be an additional job, something I like, decent $, and works with my current hours. Talked with him last night and he hopes to interview before the holidays. Maybe next year will be a Happy New Year.

It's just the way the cookie crumbles. We have a limited (short) staff. When someone calls in sick, there ain't too many to call. Ergo, I get a lot of calls on my days off.
But not many more. I have two scheduled overtimes for December 5,6 and then after that, a cycle of work then holidays until the 26th. I think I can't legally work much more anyway.
ch.

It is extra money though, which I guess is good as long as the family time sacrifice isn't too much.

Off to the Paris House of the Mouse on Thursday. It does make you stop and think, as when they picked up those guys in France, one of the plots was for DL Paris on 1st Dec, and we would have been in the Park.

I hadn't heard that. Scary. WDW has a large security detail, which I guess has either caught attempts or deterred them as an easy target. I wonder if that was true for DLP.

I wonder if that was true for DLP.
In DLP, we have to be wanded as we enter the hotels, and full airport metal detector for everyone as well as a x ray bag scan as you go into the parks complex. They must have thought that they could penetrate that though...

Morning Guys.

I am in the office this morning but so far not all that productive. Should have taken the day off after working all weekend.

Have a good one!

URL]
Good morning guys! Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, or for our non-American folks...a happy Thursday. I was offline and spent time with the family. After ten years of marriage, the DW finally won the artificial/live tree battle and we now have a live tree in our house. I'm still waiting for a the squirrel to jump out.

849676dd-38e2-40d3-ba81-950af226bc6c_zpsvogmcjf1.JPG

IMG_0517_zpsukzcqsne.jpg
IMG_0517_zpsukzcqsne.jpg

IMG_0517_zpsukzcqsne.jpg.html]

Morning Guys.

I am in the office this morning but so far not all that productive. Should have taken the day off after working all weekend.

Have a good one!

I had four days off and I'm not even close to productive!

Last edited:
'Morning all...
Hope everyone has had a decent past few days.
Our young'en was home from school for the US Thanksgiving break so we were able to do some actual family type stuff. We took in a couple films while he was home as well. Moana was excellent and we also enjoyed the Fantastic Beasts story line. He really didn't want to go back to campus yesterday, which is unusual, but most of his major requirements for class observations, recitals and concerts are already over. There's just the last of the academics and final exams remaining, so I wouldn't be all that excited either.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Severe weather with high winds forecasted for today which will test the outdoor Christmas decorations - of course no rain to speak of here in about 2 months so lets get severe weather after folks have decorated the outside of their houses. Tough morning to get going after 5 day break from the grind. Let's knock this week off as quick as possible 'eh.
A bit quiet in here today. I guess you're all enjoying your post-Thanksgiving weekend (or recovering from it?). I'm counting down to going home. I'm on my last week of overseas rotation for this hitch. Might start listening to some Christmas music this week to get in the mood. I'll get to decorating as soon as I get home, I expect.
Safe travels and happy decorating.
Cigar and bourbon sounds great. Maybe we need to plan a DisDad cigar & bourbon meet in TN next summer.
Sounds like a plan problem is finding a place that allows you to smoke. Some cigar places that have a smoking lounge have some beers you can enjoy but not bourbons.
Hello gents. Quiet here? Time to blab.
Tomorrow is Grey Cup Sunday up here. It's like Super Bowl, but with more than twice the history. I've got a pot roast recipe that I've been waiting to try, so bought one tonight. Goes in the slow cooker tomorrow morning. Also bought some flavoured popcorn to munch on later on..... And then DD15 reminds me that she has her concert tomorrow night at 7. (Game starts at 5:30.) Crap.
Oh, well.... PVRing it anyway.
Hope you enjoyed both DDs concert and the game and that calling into work did not interfere with these two events too much.
Been sicker than a dog this whole week. Moral of the story, get your flu shot earlier. Thanksgiving was basically a fog, I even burnt the gravy. That never happened before. At least the turkey was moist and and tasty (I guess). Hopefully I shake it soon, too much to do this month.
Get better soon mi amigo. Holidays are no time to be sick.
Happy Monday Chaps, from a bright but cold London.

Off to the Paris House of the Mouse on Thursday. It does make you stop and think, as when they picked up those guys in France, one of the plots was for DL Paris on 1st Dec, and we would have been in the Park
Enjoy and be safe over there
Morning fellas. It is a cold & rainy day here. Not much new going on today, but it was an exciting Kansas City vs Denver game. Still pending on a new job I applied for. It would be an additional job, something I like, decent $, and works with my current hours. Talked with him last night and he hopes to interview before the holidays. Maybe next year will be a Happy New Year
Good luck on getting the new gig you want!

I hope everybody had a good weekend! I'm glad to see that the clubhouse is still here. Sometimes you just don't know what you'll find when you check in here after Thanksgiving.

In DLP, we have to be wanded as we enter the hotels, and full airport metal detector for everyone as well as a x ray bag scan as you go into the parks complex. They must have thought that they could penetrate that though...

WDW has a strong behind the scenes security force. Plus, I would think the logistics would make it more difficult to coordinate at attack, not that it couldn't be done. Not sure how DLP is configured, but assume it is similar. WDW has started the 'random screening' security check. I imagine it won't be random at some point. Sad we live in a world where that is needed.

Have a good one!

Go ahead and take the rest of the day off with my permission.

[]Good morning guys! Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, or for our non-American folks...a happy Thursday. I was offline and spent time with the family. After ten years of marriage, the DW finally won the artificial/live tree battle and we now have a live tree in our house. I'm still waiting for a the squirrel to jump out.

!

Never had a live tree. DW is allergic, and my parents didn't want to deal with the mess or hassle.

'Morning all...
Hope everyone has had a decent past few days.
Our young'en was home from school for the US Thanksgiving break so we were able to do some actual family type stuff. We took in a couple films while he was home as well. Moana was excellent and we also enjoyed the Fantastic Beasts story line. He really didn't want to go back to campus yesterday, which is unusual, but most of his major requirements for class observations, recitals and concerts are already over. There's just the last of the academics and final exams remaining, so I wouldn't be all that excited either.

Yeah, don't blame him. I wouldn't want to go back for that either, especially after mom and dad fed him well and went to movies. Did you do his laundry too? :lmao:

Sounds like a plan problem is finding a place that allows you to smoke. Some cigar places that have a smoking lounge have some beers you can enjoy but not bourbons.
!

Stupid government. I was hoping you knew of a place.

I hope everybody had a good weekend! I'm glad to see that the clubhouse is still here. Sometimes you just don't know what you'll find when you check in here after Thanksgiving.

Yea, still here. No one destroyed or won the internet over the holidays.

Slice 3 carrots, 2 celery, two onions and a cup of mushrooms. Quarter 4 potatoes. Toss everything in the slow cooker except the mushrooms. Coat a 3-4 lb chuck roast with 1/2 cup flour some kosher salt and pepper. Sear. Toss it on the veggies, cover with mushrooms, dump in a cup or so of beef broth, cook on low for 12 hours.
Thanks for that. I might have to give it a try. Slow cooker roast is always a good winter meal.

Safe trip back, when do you get back home?
Thanks, I'm home on Monday. I'm actually passing through Heathrow, but I land at 7:00am and fly out again at 11:00am, so not enough time to get into town.
Enjoy DLP!

Still pending on a new job I applied for. It would be an additional job, something I like, decent $, and works with my current hours. Talked with him last night and he hopes to interview before the holidays. Maybe next year will be a Happy New Year.
Good luck with it. Sounds like a good deal if you would enjoy it and the hours work out. The extra money wouldn't hurt either.

After ten years of marriage, the DW finally won the artificial/live tree battle and we now have a live tree in our house. I'm still waiting for a the squirrel to jump out.
I used to have a live tree about 15 years ago. My ex liked live trees, but I got rid of both :laughing: I did appreciate the fresh tree smell though. Despite the mess, a squirrel would be pretty epic. And well done on the Christmas Vacation pose :)

Moana was excellent and we also enjoyed the Fantastic Beasts story line.
Good to know. I've read positive reviews of both. I'm hoping to see Moana with youngest DD and Fantastic Beasts with oldest DD once I'm home next week.

Whoa.
I wish people could just say "Hey! Let's just get along, okay?"

Yeah, yeah. I know.

He did a TV cut in to promote the Invictus games.

Ah!

It is extra money though, which I guess is good as long as the family time sacrifice isn't too much.

It's getting to that point.

Next time take the weekend off and the next day too.

:lmao:

Hope you enjoyed both DDs concert and the game and that calling into work did not interfere with these two events too much.

Enjoyed both. Concert was fun, game was great.
Not many times you get a final that goes into overtime.... from a 20 point deficit.

Never had a live tree. DW is allergic, and my parents didn't want to deal with the mess or hassle.

We used to always have live trees. Now we have artificial. Don't miss the mess. Miss the smell.

Vegas Baby! VEGAS!

In two weeks...

Thanks for that. I might have to give it a try. Slow cooker roast is always a good winter meal.

::yes::

Next time take the weekend off and the next day too.

Would be nice but it is our biggest weekend of the year. We run our annual conference Friday and Saturday and that includes a board meeting and our AGM. We finish off the weekend with our annual sport awards on Saturday night.

Would be nice but it is our biggest weekend of the year. We run our annual conference Friday and Saturday and that includes a board meeting and our AGM. We finish off the weekend with our annual sport awards on Saturday night.

Weekend after it is!

Morning Gents.

So we have received our first snowfall warning of the year for tonight, warning says 20 Cm overnight or about 8 inches for you metrically challenged folks. Hope there wrong, my pick in a local contest was December 14th.

We just got some of the white stuff. I spent a very enjoyable few minutes shoveling off some of the driveway while trying not to slide down it.

Morning all. November is almost over, but I'm ready to fast forward to March and get winter over.

Vegas Baby! VEGAS!

Mike is about 2 hours away from me. That's way less expensive than a flight to Vegas. Unless you're buying, then let's go.

Good luck with it. Sounds like a good deal if you would enjoy it and the hours work out. The extra money wouldn't hurt either.

Thanks.

So we have received our first snowfall warning of the year for tonight, warning says 20 Cm overnight or about 8 inches for you metrically challenged folks. Hope there wrong, my pick in a local contest was December 14th.

Thanks for the metric translation. That is a lot of snow at one time. If we get an inch of snow on the ground, it causes school closures along with mass hysteria.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Not much of significance around here other than FIL is still not right. DW is working with MIL to follow up with doc this morning - enough already get to figuring out what this is.
Morning Gents.

We just got some of the white stuff. I spent a very enjoyable few minutes shoveling off some of the driveway while trying not to slide down it.
Though we miss the snow during the holidays, I do not miss shoveling, snow blowing and driving in it from our years of growing up and living in Chicago area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter