DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Have a great weekend guys! Thanks for the semi-return to normal Dan with your "calling it" - been a while. Norm - continued all the best on the work front and happy birthday again to DD. Rob - great work on the bathroom when this COVID stuff is over I'm seeing one of the handy man tv shows called DisDad remodels with you in the starring roll.
Hello Gentlemen. New DISDad here. I've actually been in the FB group for a while but realized I've never posted in this thread. I am Kyle from Alabama and am addicted to traveling to Disney. Next trip is 2/12. Sad I missed the most recent meetup but hope I can come to a future one!
Happy Friday, fellas!

Well, I've reached another milestone telling me I'm officially an old fart. My daughter moves away to college tomorrow. It's 4 months later than it should have been, and I'm grateful we got those extra four months, but I think she's ready for it and itching to start doing things on her own. Can't blame her, really--I was the same way. I'm excited for her. Hopefully it will work out with the COVID restrictions.
Congrats to DD and I'm glad she is getting some closer to normal college experience - wishing her all the best and your wallet good luck.

Mornin chaps from a snowy London. Converting over my broadband network today, lets have a little Pop quiz. How many devices did I have to re-assign to the new network today?

Anyways, installing some LEDs in the boys bedroom, and trying to get the arcade machine that we built up (its like me just over 6ft and about 200 pounds). Gotta grout some tiling work, and then its time to attack my tool cupboard, I need to sort it out. Any job I'm doing at the moment I'm spending 30% of the time looking for the right piece of kit.
Also need to measure up for some doors. Someone gave us a 1960s vintage school desk (It literally is old school) so I need to get my head round upscaling it, as a bit of a feature somewhere in the house. Maybe the North Wing. Need to finish the LEGO haunted house as well.

Looking forward to the playoffs later. As a Bears fan, Let's Go Rams!

Thanks for the semi-return to normal Dan with your "calling it" - been a while.
Sorry Mikey, I'll try and do better in '21. Fell outta the habit. No need to thank me for the semi. TWSS.
You're.... weird.
But I can answer you the age old question of who came first :cool:
then it's LEGO Star Destroyer building time.
Nice. Thank you for your custom. The Space Cantina would go lovely with that. Or the Death Star. Or something else in the 500 buck range.
My daughter moves away to college tomorrow
Hope today does well my friend. Give the Lady Oblivious a hug from us.
I just read in the Scientific American's website that the hole did close
Is that the one near Uranus?

Had to be done. Just. Had to be done.

How many devices did I have to re-assign to the new network today?
27!

What do I win?
Anyways, installing some LEDs in the boys bedroom, and trying to get the arcade machine that we built up (its like me just over 6ft and about 200 pounds). Gotta grout some tiling work, and then its time to attack my tool cupboard, I need to sort it out. Any job I'm doing at the moment I'm spending 30% of the time looking for the right piece of kit.
Also need to measure up for some doors. Someone gave us a 1960s vintage school desk (It literally is old school) so I need to get my head round upscaling it, as a bit of a feature somewhere in the house. Maybe the North Wing. Need to finish the LEGO haunted house as well.
:faint:

These days I'm lucky if I do one thing... let alone the plethora of tasks you've got lined up.
But I can answer you the age old question of who came first :cool:
:laughing:
Is that the one near Uranus?

Had to be done. Just. Had to be done.
::yes::

Good morning, Gents, from a windy, wet and rainy Cape Cod. Looks to be nasty today, so I'll stay inside. There's a few things on my list I've been wanting to get to anyways. Well, yesterday marked the end of my first week at my new job, and I'm happy to say that all went well. I was able to finally get logged in to my computer from home yesterday after work, so I'll be working from home next week, unless the supervisor heads into the office and wants to meet face to face....or mask to mask. I'm slowly getting my home office set up. I've pulled out one of the two screens I bought and hooked it up. I still need to get a docking station so I can work on each screen independently, but it works. Now I just need to find new homes for all the crap I moved off my desk in order to make the screen fit on the desk. Never ending story. Well, gents, that's it. Have a good day, and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Happy Friday, fellas!

Well, I've reached another milestone telling me I'm officially an old fart. My daughter moves away to college tomorrow. It's 4 months later than it should have been, and I'm grateful we got those extra four months, but I think she's ready for it and itching to start doing things on her own. Can't blame her, really--I was the same way. I'm excited for her. Hopefully it will work out with the COVID restrictions.

Never needed a milestone to tell me I'm an old fart. However, having a milestone is nice...almost like reaching the finish line in a race. Better yet, reaching a water station in a marathon. That's it, reaching a water station in a marathon....you still have a long way to go.

And, we made it to Friday, which is really just like every other day this week.

:thumbsup2

That's where I'm struggling. My plan has always been to retire from government ASAP and then get another full time job to retire at age 60. As DW doesn't plan to leave this area, there isn't much point in working 40+ hours a week to buy a vacation home. So, what am I working for?

Some of the harder core enthusiasts will add an extra boiling step, letting the tea steep longer for a more intense flavor, then bringing the water back to boil, then pouring in sugar to dissolve it. I only do that if I forgot the tea on the stove and it cooled too much.

They also sell ice tea makers, like coffee makers, that prompt you with ice fill lines and # tea bags and then drip hot water. I don't think those dissolve the sugar as well.

Harder core? I didn't know there were such a thing when it came to tea. Interesting. Learn something new everyday.

:lmao: I guess that should have read at the other job, I'd have to do upselling.

"Good afternoon, sir. I know you're here to have your finger re-attached, but I thought you'd like to know that we are running a special this week: Pay full-price for one operation, get the other half-off." :lmao:

Sounds like things are working well for you at the new job. I could handle working from home if it were the right job, and the flexibility of hours helps as well. Good luck.

I never thought I'd want to ever work from home, but the thought of being able to hit the gym/workout almost up to the point of having to "clock" in is nice. I'd even be able to head out for some nice sunrise pictures before "clocking" in. Also, the idea of being to start doing something immediately after work without having to come home to change is a nice thought. So I think I'm going to like this. Though, I still like the idea of heading into the office, especially when no one is there.

I guess. I read an article that pondered if CO2 emissions was even the best way to measure the change in climate. We was an actual climate scientist instead of a FB scientist, so it didn't make any sense. :lmao:

Pfft! What does he know, he's only a climate scientist. :lmao:

If it's any consolation, you reached old fart status years ago.

The first time I realized I had reached old fart status was when a kid asked me what a rotary telephone was....and I was only 28 at the time. Man I felt old. :lmao: Though my body doesn't agree, my mind still thinks I'm young.

Morning gents.
Called in sick today. Just needed some rest. I'm not even all that sure why I was so wiped out yesterday.

Sometimes you just need a mental health day, and your brain scheduled one for you by telling your body to shut down. Hope you enjoyed.

No, I was at work when I typed that.

Well that's a bummer.

All the mouth breathers will have to go back to nose breathing.

And making lots of wheezing sounds in the process.

:teeth:

Huh! Hadn't thought of it for editing.
Then again, I have 4 screens at work. Well... 8, but I rotate the chair for one and slide over for the other 3.
Anyways, I like to work on the one that's directly in front of me and put as much on it as I can. The others play more subordinate roles.

8?! Wow. The most I've ever work with was three.

:lmao:

You needed a milestone to tell you that??

That wouldn't be me. I like my ice tea to only vaguely taste like tea.

Ah! Then you'd hate the taste of my ice tea.

My wife was telling her mom that I had 1.5 days off for MLK and she said she was surprised I wasn't going to Disney :rotfl2:

But since no Disney today, I'll work on picking up the basement a bit since we have guests coming over for a game night, then it's LEGO Star Destroyer building time.

:thumbsup2

I'll admit, there was strong circumstantial evidence.

Mornin chaps from a snowy London. Converting over my broadband network today, lets have a little Pop quiz. How many devices did I have to re-assign to the new network today?

Uhhhhhh (looks around at other people's quiz sheets) "10?"

Ok...now I feel bad for not touch my list in a while...thanks.

Morning All.

Just having some coffee, watching Caribbean real estate shows and waiting for the storm to start. Looks like we have most of the day before snow and freezing rain starts so there is time to get to town and get the essentials - chips and beer.

Have a good one all.

That's quite the list!

Nice. Thank you for your custom. The Space Cantina would go lovely with that. Or the Death Star. Or something else in the 500 buck range.

You get commission or something?

Morning all. Woke to a small snowfall, no acculumation on the roads but enough to empty the stores of their emergency French Toast supplies. Lots of money went out with the annual membership renewals yesterday. Ugh.

EPL this morning and tennis this afternoon. No news on the job front, which none was expected. I go back and forth, but am leaning towards the job with less hours.

If you substitute "chicks" for "screens" in this paragraph, we would all be lining up to take your job.

Good for you 007. I can't handle 1, much less 8 women. It's good to dream though.

I'm about to legitimately call my work week over. One of my favorite parts of my current job is we get a half day on the last work day before pretty much all of our holidays. Since we get Monday off for MLK day, we get a half day today! My wife was telling her mom that I had 1.5 days off for MLK and she said she was surprised I wasn't going to Disney :rotfl2:

But since no Disney today, I'll work on picking up the basement a bit since we have guests coming over for a game night, then it's LEGO Star Destroyer building time.

Enjoy the legos, but watch out for 007. He runs the Lego company and will try to upsell you. :rolleyes1

I think I'll be fine. I'm mostly happy for her. My wife is already a mess, though.

Just remind her that your daughter has a good plan. Better yet, don't say anything. Remain still. Wear camouflage. Stay quiet.

When my oldest moved out, I knew it would end badly, and DW was worried. Now that she's back home, DW is worried.

Are you questioning my legitimacy on calling it?
Is this a "stop the count" thing?
Are there stashes of calling it ballots being dumped out of an ice cream truck somewhere?

Your Bristish. We have to question your legitimacy. You may be trying to re-claim the country, which may not be a bad idea, but why would y'all really want it. :sad2: :lmao:

Have a great weekend guys! Thanks for the semi-return to normal Dan with your "calling it" - been a while. Norm - continued all the best on the work front and happy birthday again to DD. Rob - great work on the bathroom when this COVID stuff is over I'm seeing one of the handy man tv shows called DisDad remodels with you in the starring roll.

Thanks Mike. Your son home this holiday weekend?

Ah, the password thing is the worst. I need to login on another device, can't remember the password, and then have to change it everywhere. Now, I just save all my passwords on my phone and I just gave up trying to remember anymore. I'm sure Google is using them to spy on me. :lmao:

Harder core? I didn't know there were such a thing when it came to tea. Interesting.

There are harder core people at most everything. Sometimes, it to find better tea. Other times, it's to put on a deer hat and ...

Last edited:
It certainly felt like it.....

It was 43.

EPL this morning and tennis this afternoon.
1. What's EPL?
2. Tennis in the snow would bring it to a whole other level.
Good for you 007. I can't handle 1, much less 8 women. It's good to dream though.
:laughing:
Just remind her that your daughter has a good plan. Better yet, don't say anything. Remain still. Wear camouflage. Stay quiet.
Sorry mate. You weren't even within 10.
Holy smokes! In the 40s!

Morning all. Cold and snowy here, but other than going to Church, we are still locked down. 75 more days until the pandemic is over.

1. What's EPL?
2. Tennis in the snow would bring it to a whole other level.

(1) English Premier League.
(2) I don't play tennis outdoors in the cold, much less the snow.

Morning, Gents. Hope everyone's weekend is going well. I spent yesterday hooking up my 2nd external computer monitor for my home office and figured out how to separate the 3 monitors so I can have 3 independent monitors. Now I'll be able to separate different programs on to each screen and have better work flow. I am, however, finding that the resolution changes when the 3rd screen is on making it difficult to click on something. For instance, to minimize something you click the "_" button. Well, in order to do that you have to move the cursor over about an 1/4 of an inch....make since? At first I thought the program had frozen, turned out the resolution was off. With 2 screens it's ok, but the 3rd messes things up a bit, so I'll work on it. I could always use just the two screens with no problem.

I found out that the program the company uses has a training area they call the "Playground." This allows people to sign in a training portal to continue to learn without messing up an actual patients records. Well, guess what I'm going to be doing on my time off? :teeth: I'm going to learn the Front Desk and Registration portion of that program inside out and backwards. I'm going to make myself indispensable. Well, that's it. I'll post a pic of the computer set up below. Have a good day, Gents, and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Here's my current setup.
IMG_6808.jpg

Just having some coffee, watching Caribbean real estate shows and waiting for the storm to start.

I like watching those shows from time to time...makes we wish I had money.

Looks like we have most of the day before snow and freezing rain starts so there is time to get to town and get the essentials - chips and beer.

I hate when a storm waits until the end of the day to start snowing...I want to be able to clear the drive during the day, when I can see! Mother Nature's so inconsiderate sometimes. :laughing:

That's quite the list!

Yeah, makes me feel bad about not starting my list.

Morning all. Woke to a small snowfall, no acculumation on the roads but enough to empty the stores of their emergency French Toast supplies.

Ah the bread rush. That happens here, but I suspect it's worse in the south.

I go back and forth, but am leaning towards the job with less hours.

Your Bristish. We have to question your legitimacy. You may be trying to re-claim the country, which may not be a bad idea, but why would y'all really want it. :sad2: :lmao:

Ah, the password thing is the worst. I need to login on another device, can't remember the password, and then have to change it everywhere. Now, I just save all my passwords on my phone and I just gave up trying to remember anymore. I'm sure Google is using them to spy on me. :lmao:

I hate having to remember passwords, so I downloaded an app called Password Keeper that allows me to track my passwords. I can create different folders, like Personal, Work, and Photography and then create records in each with the name of the site and password. It'll even create a password for you if you'd like it to. It's a great app.

There are harder core people at most everything. Sometimes, it to find better tea. Other times, it's to put on a deer hat and ...

I knew there are hardcore people for a lot of things...just didn't know they existed for tea, and in the "Harder" level.

Morning folks.
Had planned on going tubing with the girls, but the hill's sold out. So skating is on the agenda instead.

(1) English Premier League.
Ah! Thought it was something you were doing, not watching.
(2) I don't play tennis outdoors in the cold, much less the snow.
Coward!!! :lmao:
I found out that the program the company uses has a training area they call the "Playground." This allows people to sign in a training portal to continue to learn without messing up an actual patients records. Well, guess what I'm going to be doing on my time off? :teeth: I'm going to learn the Front Desk and Registration portion of that program inside out and backwards.
Man, that's smart. Both parts.

Morning, Gents! Hope everyone had a good weekend. I had a good weekend, got nothing done house wise, but I did hook up my two extra computer monitors and managed to separate then so I can have something different on each one. Let me tell you, that was a feat in of itself. I consider myself to be somewhat tech savvy, but that was something I didn't think I could do...but I DID IT! (Pats self on the back) Today, having the day off due to the holiday, will be spent doing...well, something. Well, that's it, gents. Have a good day and we'll chat later.

TTFN.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter