DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Well let's see. I've never been to Narcoosees so I can't advise you there.
But you can get into the party as early as 4pm (2pm with AP). If you want a photo with any of the rarer/more popular characters, you'll want to line up at anywhere from 5:30 - 6:30 (depending on the character).
I've been hearing that many of the treats ain't so great. You can check out a review here:
Review: Snacks and Treats at the 2018 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party

That being said, there's no way I would go in late to a MNSSHP. And not just because I paid for the ticket. It's just too much fun/too much to see that I wouldn't want to come in late.
Details can be found here:
"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!
Interesting read. Some of those are amazingly tiny!!!!!!!!
The ones I am interested in are still likely though
The Minnie brownie with white chocolate top (didn't see that in the review)
The lime ice cream cone. I'm a big key lime pie fan and that (or the float) are still possible.
If I could get regular waffles instead of pumpkin for the sundae, that would be. Pumpkin is okay, but not one of my favorites.
Not so poison apple cupcake
caramel pretzel (probably more for DW and DD than me, but want to try it)
The muenster smash burger may be my dinner (minus the sriracha)
I was considering the candy corn ice cream, but I see it's actually not candy corn except in appearance.
DW is much more of a pumpkin fan than I am, so the waffle sundae and the pumpkin cheesecake might be on the table for her.
DD --- if it has sugar, she likes it, so probably any except the tiny or impossible to eat (push pop) are options for her. :lmao:

Alright fellas, leaving 1st thing in the morning. Darcy can my FF team be auto drafted? The draft is at 3AM Rome time, and I'm up at 5 tomorrow morning to get to the airport, so I'm not gonna be in the best shape.

Just snagged some Lazio tickets for me and the boy, so that should be good. Good luck Fed this weekend, it's West Ham/Wolves. I look forward to your howls of victory echoing over the boards.

Sir, I would like the record to show, I joined on the 1st DisDad Club thread, August 17, 2008, on page 122, post #2422. Thank You! 8-)
Apologies. I was looking out for your avatar all the way through and went back twice to look. I must be getting old. I was glossing over fairly sharpish, especially in the middle section. Sorry mate. You are always in my eyes an OG.
Are you saying all of this is a lie??
Not only that, but never be the good looking best mate. You are either a complete rotter or you might as well walk round with a target on your back.
Is Narcoosees worth being more full for and getting a couple less rides before MNSSHP starts or would you opt for rides and goodies? I really can't decide so I want your thoughts/opinions.
Rides and goodies. Narcoosees was only OK IMHO, I think Norm rates it. If you are DVC, they are letting you in at 2 this year rather than 4, so you should get a few cheeky extras/more time.
Didn't you just ask me that?
I'm sure I've seen this post before.
As you can see, I've been somewhat preoccupied.
Who are those people down there crowding your beach? Enjoy buddy.

Last edited:
other place this morning. We have not done Narcoosees and in a few weeks DW and I will be attending our first MNSSHP so by no means an expert. My approach for these special events is to soak up as much of them as possible. My plan for our MNSSHP day is to spend lunch / afternoon at EPCOT F&W then head over to MK about 4:00 (with a stop at Poly to raise one to CJ) to be able to take it all in.
Thanks Mike. If I recall, we're just barely gonna miss each other. :sad:

Based on what they said and PK's help, I'm fairly certain Narcoosees is off the table. I'll spend less money even if I get several treats and more time at the party and a couple FPs before 6pm, so it's pretty much a done deal.

I was just looking at flight costs and rental car costs so it's looking like the rental car is winning again. I'm not a huge fan of the drive since I've done it so many times, but over $1000 cheaper for the 3 of us.

Alright fellas, leaving 1st thing in the morning. Darcy can my FF team be auto drafted? The draft is at 3AM Rome time, and I'm up at 5 tomorrow morning to get to the airport, so I'm not gonna be in the best shape.
Hope y'all have a blast mate. Don't forget to have one in honor of CJ.

Rides and goodies. Narcoosees was only OK IMHO, I know Norm rates it. If you are DVC, they are letting you in at 2 this year rather than 4, so you should get a few cheeky extras/more time.
I knew they were letting APs in at 2, but as of now (might change)...only I and DD have APs. If it includes DVC also, then score! Most of the day is a relax at resort day and I only added in MNSSHP after I made our initial plans, so whether we go at 2 or at 4 is up for debate. I don't want to kill ourselves with it and then be wiped out the next day which is our official MK day. On the other hand, I've also decided we can simply sleep in on Wednesday since the party goes until midnight. So, Wednesday might be a lazy day at MK or....may go ahead and switch up our plans and do HS for half day on Wednesday instead (or park hop a couple different ones...hmmmm...now y'all got me thinking).

I'm sure I've seen this post before.

I think I've seen this post before too.

OMG!!! You're sinking in quicksand!!!!! :eek:

Not to mention, I can't generally start on my first good beer of the day at 10am when I'm at work.

Sounds like when you're at work, you start beer earlier, but the quality isn't as good.
At least that's the way I read that.

Some of those are amazingly tiny!!!!!!!!

And, IMHO, not worth the $$.

The Minnie brownie with white chocolate top (didn't see that in the review)

Never heard of that?

The lime ice cream cone. I'm a big key lime pie fan and that (or the float) are still possible.

And yet, the review on that wasn't so hot either. I think it said to go for the float instead?

caramel pretzel (probably more for DW and DD than me, but want to try it)

That does appeal to me, too.

I was considering the candy corn ice cream, but I see it's actually not candy corn except in appearance.

Yeah, that was a disappointment. Ah well.

And, IMHO, not worth the $$.
::yes:: REALLY REALLY BIG ::yes::

Never heard of that?
It's listed here, but not in the review you sent. (Thanks BTW...think I forgot to say that)
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-world/magic-kingdom/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party.htm

And yet, the review on that wasn't so hot either. I think it said to go for the float instead?
I noticed that, but key lime pie is supposed to be tart and I like sour things in general, so I'm still leaning towards the cone.

Yeah, that was a disappointment. Ah well.
::yes::

Question for y'all...

Right now we have an ADR for Narcoossee's (never been) at 5:40 on the 25th. That's also our MNSSHP night.

Looking at all the special foods (mostly desserts) they have for the party, I'm debating about cancelling Narcoossees and just grabbing a burger or something QS and leaving more room for goodies.
It would also allow us to go into the park just a bit before the party starts and ride a couple things.

Is Narcoosees worth being more full for and getting a couple less rides before MNSSHP starts or would you opt for rides and goodies? I really can't decide so I want your thoughts/opinions.
We eat at Narcoossee every trip, that is a good two hour meal, pending on how busy it starts getting, it could be a bit longer. Your gonna take another half hour to get into the park. My guess, you will get to the party around 8:30, 9:00.

We eat at Narcoossee every trip, that is a good two hour meal, pending on how busy it starts getting, it could be a bit longer. Your gonna take another half hour to get into the park. My guess, you will get to the party around 8:30, 9:00.
Thanks zerfs. I think my mind was about 99% made up. You just made it 110%.
Cancelling ADR for Narcoosees. Frees up about $200 for QS and treats. Can anyone say sugar coma? :lmao:

Okay...another poll (or request for input)...

What are your favorite things about MNSSHP and why?

I personally have no real inkling for character meets, but DW and DD might want to.
Must dos are the parade and the fireworks.
After that, not sure if it's rides, characters, trick or treating, taking tons of pictures or E) all of the above.

I'm leaning towards rides, pictures and some trick or treating, but that could be trumped by DW & DD.

Hoping for some of the unique PP opportunities also.

Morning all...
Haven't been keeping up lately, but I've an acceptable excuse...

The view looking south is slightly obstructed...

But it beats the view from my cubical.
Not to mention, I can't generally start on my first good beer of the day at 10am when I'm at work.
Looks great Rob! I agree, all views you provided beat what I'm looking at - have a great time!
Thanks Mike. If I recall, we're just barely gonna miss each other. :sad:

Based on what they said and PK's help, I'm fairly certain Narcoosees is off the table. I'll spend less money even if I get several treats and more time at the party and a couple FPs before 6pm, so it's pretty much a done deal.

I was just looking at flight costs and rental car costs so it's looking like the rental car is winning again. I'm not a huge fan of the drive since I've done it so many times, but over $1000 cheaper for the 3 of us.
Yes we do just miss each other but I'll see ya at DDCC in Jan. I hear ya about the drive / fly challenge. We always fly now and use a car service to get us to and from the airport then just utilize DaWorld transportation when there. Many years ago I went with a Southwest Airlines visa and between business travel and personal we put everything we can on that card for the points. Company went to company specific CC a bit back so now I loose that volume but still get enough point for their companion pass which is a person for year flys free every time they fly with me. Between that and points I think I paid for airfare once out of our last 20 trips.

Well, just made a major change to our plan...

Since we're going earlier to MK for MNSSHP and we'll be staying up late (goes until midnight), I changed our original plan for MK on Wednesday to HS. Booked the fantasmic package at Mama Melrose's. As with the Tiffins package at AK, since it includes drink, appetizer, entree and dessert, not a bad deal for $42/person. We've always liked fantasmic, so VIP seating will be cool bonus.

It was somewhat painful giving up FPs for MK knowing I wouldn't get squat for HS, but since I didn't have any good FPs anyway (except 7DMT late late afternoon), it was less painful. Plan is now, to sleep in after late night Tuesday and have a late breakfast and then walk over to HS (from Swan). Won't be a heavy ride day, but will be a slower than normal park day after MNSSHP day before, so I think it will be okay. Also allows me to try the carrot cake cookie I forgot the last time.

Debated about doing H&V bufffet (same price), but it looked like there were a lot of things on there that had peppers, so nope. Also debated about doing 50s PT again, but since the fantasmic package was an option, went with that and it's a new restaurant to boot.

Ever get that feeling of deja vu?

It's like deja vu all over again.

:rotfl2: Ever get that feeling of deja vu?

again over all vu deja like It's

Question for y'all...

I liked Narcoosee and it is a lot of money. We watched fireworks from there. Nice romantic evening. I would eat there again.

View attachment 346731

The view looking south is slightly obstructed...

Beautiful. Enjoy the view.

I personally have no real inkling for character meets, but DW and DD might want to.
After that, not sure if it's rides, characters, trick or treating, taking tons of pictures or E) all of the above.

I'm leaning towards rides, pictures and some trick or treating, but that could be trumped by DW & DD.

Hallowishes, parade, and rides. While others do the dance parties and trick or treating, we do the rides. The headless horseman and grave diggers in the parade are awesome. But, no Fireworks show is as good as Hallowishes. The music and fireworks are so well timed. We are going next Fall Break and plan to do Wild Africa Trek and a MNSSHP if scheduling works out.

Taking my son to his favorite Chef's restaurant tonite , Gordon Ramsey's Pub & Grille at Ceasers Atlantic City. I told him we would go if he did good in school last year , so I guess I should get him there before school starts again:rotfl2::thumbsup2.

I'll have the beef wellington. Save a space for me?

Last edited:

Parade and fireworks are a must. I liked dressing up and trick or tearing and trying the new treats. Just the vibe in general.

young girls almost wearing something...

:rotfl:

So, I already mentioned tons of pictures. :lmao:

::yes::

Well, just made a major change to our plan...

Since we're going earlier to MK for MNSSHP and we'll be staying up late (goes until midnight), I changed our original plan for MK on Wednesday to HS. Booked the fantasmic package at Mama Melrose's. As with the Tiffins package at AK, since it includes drink, appetizer, entree and dessert, not a bad deal for $42/person. We've always liked fantasmic, so VIP seating will be cool bonus.

It was somewhat painful giving up FPs for MK knowing I wouldn't get squat for HS, but since I didn't have any good FPs anyway (except 7DMT late late afternoon), it was less painful. Plan is now, to sleep in after late night Tuesday and have a late breakfast and then walk over to HS (from Swan). Won't be a heavy ride day, but will be a slower than normal park day after MNSSHP day before, so I think it will be okay. Also allows me to try the carrot cake cookie I forgot the last time.

Debated about doing H&V bufffet (same price), but it looked like there were a lot of things on there that had peppers, so nope. Also debated about doing 50s PT again, but since the fantasmic package was an option, went with that and it's a new restaurant to boot.
Good plans right there, said from one that does similar things. Love Mama Melrose for F! and we also love 50's Prime Time. You may have thought of it already but for a light ride day at HS hit Baseline Tap for a flight or a good wine plus of course Brown Derby patio for an adult beverage. If you like a good bourbon, Brown Derby has the Knob Creek Disney Select - special batch served only at DaWorld.
again over all vu deja like It's
latest

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter