DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Sorry about that, I know you thought this may be the guy but who knows, maybe some tough love for the young man is what he needs.
I don't really get myself involved to much. She looks like and will always be just a little girl to dw and I but, she is going to be 26 years old, she's a grown women. She has a very close relationship with dw. She talks to her about everything, me, I don't want to know. Lol
She always makes fun of my side of the family ( mostly my dads) we are non huggers, maybe a hand shake type people. It's just the way my dad was raised and us for the most part. We all love each other, we know how we feel and got each other's back, we just aren't a touchy-feely family. Nothing against it, we just aren't. Lol
My moms side were huggers, talk loud, yup, Italian. My aunts and uncles are all gone, just cousins left so she never experienced 30 people sitting at one big table, discussing life loudly!! Lol
If you ever meet my wife, you have to ask her the first time she met my moms family. My mom had already passed, she never met my mom but I took her to Christmas at my aunts house. Only thing I told her was she better eat something! My aunt will unload what's left in the fridge if you don't eat something.
She did eat. Lol We got in the car and the only thing she said was, " why do they all yell at each other?"
I said real loud, " there not yelling, it's the way they talk!" Lol
I miss those old days around that big table. Lol I never had the pleasure of grand pops moo, I mean wine. Lol
He passed away a year before I was born.

The Lady K "tolerates" them in the 5 or so I have a year, with rolling eyes. The boy is obsessed with them, so much that I let him blow through it. I figure if I don't make a fuss about it, he won't be that bothered when he's older.

Things I learned from Disdads III:

Well, between you and Mike, I'll get to smoke a cigar again one day. Good learning on those DisDad threads. It's a shock we repeat ourselves and talk about the same things. Keep reading. It's a shock we repeat ourselves and talk about the same things.:lmao:

Well, it seems the boy friend was kicked to curb on Sunday. Lol
He was told, “when you grow up, give me a call. “ lol
(Kid is tuff as nails like her mother. Lol)
You know young love, it can change at any second. Lol
We are still friends on FB so if you can do me a favor.....
Don’t say anything.
I just had to tell someone. Lol

Well, there's counting those chickens. :lmao::sad2:

Sorry to hear it for her, however, better to get rid of them. Oldest dd (16) is on her third boyfriend now. The last two complained to her that she was busy with swim team and/ or work and needed to spend more time with them. So, she dropped them.

Off to Rome, so see you in about a week fellas. Hope all have a good one.

have a great trip, Dan.

Whoa. That's actually pretty darned impressive.

You know young love, it can change at any second. Lol
We are still friends on FB so if you can do me a favor.....
Don’t say anything.
I just had to tell someone. Lol
:scared1:

Signs were still there last time I checked. I guess the only side effect in had on your gang was the addition of a 4th child. :lmao:

And I didn't even go swimming! :scared1:

Norm had a great diet plan which involved going through Taco Bell drive through and "spending the next week on the crapper". That kind of marketing might work in here mate, but you may want to craft the message for the general public.

That's called making a run for the border.

Mark was under the impression that Brits called Quarter Pounders "Royales". Never believe Tarantino.

But...but...

Everything I know comes from the movies. If there's a loud noise, always split off from the main group to go investigate it. If an ax-murderer comes in the house, always keep running upstairs to get away rather than out the door. If you need protection, loudly exclaim that the people providing it are your "best men". I know for certain I can walk away from 5-story falls and bullet wounds can be simply shrugged off. Are you saying all of this is a lie??

Off to Rome, so see you in about a week fellas. Hope all have a good one.

London out.

Have fun on the alternate vacation!

It's a shock we repeat ourselves and talk about the same things. Keep reading. It's a shock we repeat ourselves and talk about the same things.:lmao:

:rotfl2: Ever get that feeling of deja vu?

Question for y'all...

Right now we have an ADR for Narcoossee's (never been) at 5:40 on the 25th. That's also our MNSSHP night.

Looking at all the special foods (mostly desserts) they have for the party, I'm debating about cancelling Narcoossees and just grabbing a burger or something QS and leaving more room for goodies.
It would also allow us to go into the park just a bit before the party starts and ride a couple things.

Is Narcoosees worth being more full for and getting a couple less rides before MNSSHP starts or would you opt for rides and goodies? I really can't decide so I want your thoughts/opinions.

Didn't you just ask me that?
th

Its like deja vu all over again.

Question for y'all...

Right now we have an ADR for Narcoossee's (never been) at 5:40 on the 25th. That's also our MNSSHP night.

Looking at all the special foods (mostly desserts) they have for the party, I'm debating about cancelling Narcoossees and just grabbing a burger or something QS and leaving more room for goodies.
It would also allow us to go into the park just a bit before the party starts and ride a couple things.

Is Narcoosees worth being more full for and getting a couple less rides before MNSSHP starts or would you opt for rides and goodies? I really can't decide so I want your thoughts/opinions.

Well let's see. I've never been to Narcoosees so I can't advise you there.
But you can get into the party as early as 4pm (2pm with AP). If you want a photo with any of the rarer/more popular characters, you'll want to line up at anywhere from 5:30 - 6:30 (depending on the character).
I've been hearing that many of the treats ain't so great. You can check out a review here:
Review: Snacks and Treats at the 2018 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party

That being said, there's no way I would go in late to a MNSSHP. And not just because I paid for the ticket. It's just too much fun/too much to see that I wouldn't want to come in late.
Details can be found here:
"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Nothing significant to report so I guess have a good day and if your day sucks, just glance at your Tiki Room socks and smile
IMG_4074.jpg

My moms side were huggers, talk loud, yup, Italian. My aunts and uncles are all gone, just cousins left so she never experienced 30 people sitting at one big table, discussing life loudly!! Lol
If you ever meet my wife, you have to ask her the first time she met my moms family. My mom had already passed, she never met my mom but I took her to Christmas at my aunts house. Only thing I told her was she better eat something! My aunt will unload what's left in the fridge if you don't eat something.
She did eat. Lol We got in the car and the only thing she said was, " why do they all yell at each other?"
I said real loud, " there not yelling, it's the way they talk!" Lol
I miss those old days around that big table. Lol I never had the pleasure of grand pops moo, I mean wine. Lol
He passed away a year before I was born.
I would think for sure we will meet in a few weeks and I will ask her about the first Zerfs Christmas. Me and DW will get a kick out of it as our family is known to be a bit "loud" too - Italian / Irish is a good mix to create a vocal atmosphere. I'm with ya regarding the old days and those big family dinners. Growing up families stayed in the sames city or town / general area and were not as transient as we are today with family spread out all over the country. Also think that the higher divorce rates has thinned out family holidays as a kid today could have 4 different families to spend time with :scared1:
Sir, I would like the record to show, I joined on the 1st DisDad Club thread, August 17, 2008, on page 122, post #2422. Thank You! 8-)
Of course you did, thought Dan's post sounded a little late in the game.
Question for y'all...

Saw some feedback from a couple of other guys on the other place this morning. We have not done Narcoosees and in a few weeks DW and I will be attending our first MNSSHP so by no means an expert. My approach for these special events is to soak up as much of them as possible. My plan for our MNSSHP day is to spend lunch / afternoon at EPCOT F&W then head over to MK about 4:00 (with a stop at Poly to raise one to CJ) to be able to take it all in.

Morning all...
Haven't been keeping up lately, but I've an acceptable excuse...

DSCN8578a.jpg

As you can see, I've been somewhat preoccupied.

The view looking south is slightly obstructed...

DSCN8583a.jpg

But it beats the view from my cubical.
Not to mention, I can't generally start on my first good beer of the day at 10am when I'm at work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter