DDC XIV - It's a trap!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, just checking in, back at home...

Will post more about the trip tomorrow when I have some energy, but overall it was great. Kidani Village was awesome, finished the Goofy challenge, had a couple terrific (albeit ridiculously early) DisDads meets, and maybe a Dole Whip or two.

Hope everyone is doing well, let me know what I missed!

:thumbsup2

Not much - just a couple of milestones today. 12,000. 1,000. All in a days events around here.

:rotfl:

Speaking of football was this the saddest way to end the season? Nick Saben Wooo (you little Beverly).
I wasn't able to watch most of it... turned it on just in time to see the hardest tackle I've ever seen a QB make. :scared1:

I've got to admit, I was glad this game was the worst of any of the bowls. First of all, I hate the BCS system. I really want to see some type of playoff. If it works for the lower college levels, why not the big boys?:confused3 Secondly, I don't like the fact that it was a rematch of 2 teams in the same division of the same conference. Yes, the SEC is tough right now, but why not Oklahoma State? At least that game would have given us a team with offensive firepower against a shutdown defense.

Will post more about the trip tomorrow when I have some energy, but overall it was great. Kidani Village was awesome, finished the Goofy challenge, had a couple terrific (albeit ridiculously early) DisDads meets, and maybe a Dole Whip or two.

Welcome home! You know what you missed around here.:rolleyes1

Hello fellow Disney Dads! I'm Matthew with a DD (7). Discovered DISboards while preparing for our first cruise a year ago on the Wonder through the Panama Canal. Discovered DIS Dads because one of the members of our next cruise (6/16/12 EC Fantasy) is a member. Normally I would never join a club that would have me as a member but for this group I would definitely make an exception! So, if it pleases the membership, sign me up!
Hmmm... trying to decide whether to take this as a compliment or an insult. Eh, what the heck, welcome to the club. :thumbsup2

Hello fellow Disney Dads! I'm Matthew with a DD (7). Discovered DISboards while preparing for our first cruise a year ago on the Wonder through the Panama Canal. Discovered DIS Dads because one of the members of our next cruise (6/16/12 EC Fantasy) is a member. Normally I would never join a club that would have me as a member but for this group I would definitely make an exception! So, if it pleases the membership, sign me up!

Welcome! You picked the right part of the boards to hang out (as long as you like Bacon, Beer, and Admiral Ackbar)...

Not much - just a couple of milestones today. 12,000. 1,000. All in a days events around here.

:rotfl:

I am going to take a wild stab at who hit 12,000... Congrats!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Welcome home! You know what you missed around here.:rolleyes1

:lmao: Yeah, guess I do... :lmao:

And now for a few vintage shots (yes, I've shared them before, but not in THIS particular thread).

199205.jpg

1991October07.jpg

And of course I can't wait to see this place in person in just 2 weeks. (have I said that already? Oh, yes, I have... multiple times!)

AulaniModel-2.jpg

Welcome!!!!

I love the master bathrooms in Kidani Village

If you haven't stayed there yet... you really need to.

2010-0119-00122.jpg

Welcome back Paul. I posted a couple of pics on the Marathon Board. Enjoyed our meet. And CONGRATS on the Goofy. You are right. DD is hooked. She now wants to try a marathon.

I wasn't able to watch most of it... turned it on just in time to see the hardest tackle I've ever seen a QB make. :scared1:

I've got to admit, I was glad this game was the worst of any of the bowls. First of all, I hate the BCS system. I really want to see some type of playoff. If it works for the lower college levels, why not the big boys?:confused3 Secondly, I don't like the fact that it was a rematch of 2 teams in the same division of the same conference. Yes, the SEC is tough right now, but why not Oklahoma State? At least that game would have given us a team with offensive firepower against a shutdown defense.

I agree we need some sort of playoff. I disagree with the Ala/LSU not being deserving of the National Title game. Until tonight I think they were the two best team. But I am from a SEC school.

It’s that time once again!

Today I mark 12,000 posts.

Congrats on the milestone! Great Post.

A co-worker used to call them mental health days, basicly I just call in sick, use a sick day, but I'm not really sick..shhhhhhhhhhh

DW gets these personal days. But when she takes them, they have to be approved and she often has to explain the reason to get said approval... kinda defeats the "personal" part of it.

When I was working full time, they were all called vacation days, and we could earn comp days. They all had to be scheduled well in advance. If you called in sick, the peanut butter hit the fan.

Two votes for iPhone.

Any Droid users out there who can share their experiences.

I am a happy owner of a Samsung Droid Charge. I am also lucky to live in an area that has good coverage, so that helps the performance. Prior to the charge I had the Droid X and on that one I discovered quickly that going app crazy can kill your phone. Had to wipe the phone and reset and I was better after that.

I think the Charge is a decent phone for making phone calls, but it really excels at streaming video and shooting video. The still camera is not so great.

I check email on it, but not all emails render properly on the phone. Websites optimized for mobile are great, but anything not optimized is a beverly.

I do a lot less browsing on my phone now that I have the Kindle Fire. I use that first for browsing and words with friends or other game apps.

I also own a Ipod Touch, which is kind of an Iphone without the phone? :confused3 I find that interface has a better feel to it, but I pretty much just use it for music now since I have the Kindle/Charge combo for everything else.

i think im in the same boat. i do have a few aps. i have a wdw ap thats real cool, dining,maps,ride times,etc...it has all my adrs on it ,menues etc.. i have another disney ap thats a ride counter. which rides and who and how many times on a ride. keeps track and tallies everything up by day and trip.i also have a bowling and ping pong game. :rolleyes1 and, i have the cracker barrel ap. (never leave home without it) :rotfl:

the cracker barrel app! :scared1: be careful the gravy doesn't run off the screen and into the phone... country fried Iphone.

I had a tandy computer with a cassette to record data as my first computer at home. I keep my hair cut short so you can't see the gray.

I think I still have 8 inch floppy disks at my parents house. The cassette player is long gone.

Keeping my hair short doesn't hide my gray (I started going gray in my 20s). It just makes it shorter.

Okay, let's do this. Back a couple of summers ago, I joined up to the DIS in order to get some more info on a few things for my upcomming trip. While looking around the boards, I came across a link in a sig for a thread of DisDads, thought , hmm, interesting, so I clicked the link and ended up in....a closed thread. :lmao: I didn't really think too much of it until later, post trip, when we were planning another trip. Once again, I found the thread, that was active, and it seemed pretty fun, so why not? I fit the criteria, and dove on in. I haven't had as much fun on a social-interaction board since the old OLD days of the BBS systems. Different people, different backgrounds, from all over, talking Disney, making jokes, and sharing their love of their kids. Perfect. I've never been a social butterfly, but it is a good feeling to have somewhere to go where I can let loose and have a little fun. I have appriciated the welcome I have gotten here, and hope I've never offended anyone with my jokes. I love getting perspective on being a dad from everyone here, inspiring me to be that much better to my kids. I love the fact I am not ridiculed for not knowing a damn thing about football here, hockey being the only sport I follow :lmao:

Lacking anything appropriate to quote here, as always, I turn to Mater

"Ya hurt yer what?"

Cheers!:drinking1

Congrats on 1,000!

Welcome Matt!! Make yourself at home!! Unfortunately this is not a club you join... rather, it's one you discover you've always been a member of, and that you simply didn't know where the meetings were held.

So, I escaped the trap... It turned out to be AMWAY.

A good friend of mine (best man at my wedding, actually) tried to get me in on this about 5 or 6 years ago. Back then they had an internet version of it called Quixtar. Now it's all Amway again. I knew there was a Dateline report about people being misled about how much money you can make, and that skewed my opinion on it.

Now it's years later and my friend is doing pretty well with it. Maybe I'll look at it again, see if anything has changed since he tried to get me in on it. I know back then one of the issues I had was that for it to work, you had to be personally purchasing products each month(either for yourself or to resell) and I remembered looking at their offerings and not really seeing anything I would want to buy. Now they've supposedly partnered with other businesses so you can purchase non-Amway products too... (I saw Disneyshopping on their site, so it can't be that bad. :rotfl2:)

If anybody has had any experience with this, by all means, let me know what you think.

oh, and I just had an epiphany!!

I think we should get together and sponsor the Wonders of Life pavilion, and get it up and running again.

Hey guys.

I've been a bit distracted from the boards the past couple days. Sunday was spent (pretty much the whole day) playing Batman: Arkham City, and then Monday and today, I tried to work. When not working, I was either playing Batman, working out, eating, or sleeping.

I have a meeting I have to stay for after normal work hours, but that should only be about a hour or so. I'm hoping to get in some running time tonight. Then again, DW has today off, so I don't know if she has anything planned...

I am getting a new smartphone

Currently have a Blackberry, but am going to change to either iPhone 4S or Android...

This is where you come in...

Which one do you have? or recommend, and why?

My Android LG sucks PB and Beverly. The Samsung replacement was just as bad. Both locked up at the worst times.

Okay, let's do this. Back a couple of summers ago, I joined up to the DIS in order to get some more info on a few things for my upcomming trip. While looking around the boards, I came across a link in a sig for a thread of DisDads, thought , hmm, interesting, so I clicked the link and ended up in....a closed thread. :lmao: I didn't really think too much of it until later, post trip, when we were planning another trip. Once again, I found the thread, that was active, and it seemed pretty fun, so why not? I fit the criteria, and dove on in. I haven't had as much fun on a social-interaction board since the old OLD days of the BBS systems. Different people, different backgrounds, from all over, talking Disney, making jokes, and sharing their love of their kids. Perfect. I've never been a social butterfly, but it is a good feeling to have somewhere to go where I can let loose and have a little fun. I have appriciated the welcome I have gotten here, and hope I've never offended anyone with my jokes. I love getting perspective on being a dad from everyone here, inspiring me to be that much better to my kids. I love the fact I am not ridiculed for not knowing a damn thing about football here, hockey being the only sport I follow :lmao:

Lacking anything appropriate to quote here, as always, I turn to Mater

"Ya hurt yer what?"

Cheers!:drinking1

Great post, glad to have you with us Brent :thumbsup2

Well, I DO have a Dolphins Jersey in the closet, just in case I need to fake it :rolleyes1

Dear God, you need to get rid of that. You need to get a Bills jersey since they will probably be in Toronto on a permanent basis in the near future :thumbsup2

Welcome :cool1:

I love the master bathrooms in Kidani Village

If you haven't stayed there yet... you really need to.

2010-0119-00122.jpg

Kidani is awesome. It isn't favorite resort :thumbsup2

Good morning dads :cool1:

Heading up to South Bend today and will drive right by the Golden Dome :thumbsup2

Saying a prayer that Steve gets tagged :thumbsup2

Talk to you guys later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter