DCP Fall 2014

Hello Allen!
Welcome!

I hope you did well on your interview, mine is tomorrow morning!:mickeyjum
All of your choices sound fun! Do you have a favorite attraction you would like to work?:hmghost::maleficen:simba::stitch::dumbo:
I love all Disney attractions!

Thanks! I feel really confident about it! Good luck on yours! Just smile, know why you want to do the program, and know the roles!

I do not have a specific attraction in mind. Maybe Space Mountain or Mission Space!

Have my phone interview Wednesday and I'm super nervous. Hope to make it into the Fall program. I'm a senior and graduating in May and I feel this is my only shot. Wednesday needs to get here so I can not be so stressed. Hope to meet y'all in the Fall!

My top 3 are:
Attractions
Merch
and a toss between custodial and main entrance operations.

Hi, guys. I just wanted to post here quickly and tell you all how much I adore you. xD The people in the DCP Fall 14 Facebook group are so rude, so uneducated, and so uncultured. You guys are the bomb, and I have no doubt you'll all make it. :) :hippie:

Hi, guys. I just wanted to post here quickly and tell you all how much I adore you. xD The people in the DCP Fall 14 Facebook group are so rude, so uneducated, and so uncultured. You guys are the bomb, and I have no doubt you'll all make it. :) :hippie:

I want to second this. It is a drastic change when I flip from the Facebook group to here, and here is definitely better.
Thanks everyone for supporting each other and being mature with things that have happened thus far. :-)

I've always found this site to be one of the more supportive Disney communities around, so I am glad to chat with you guys while we all wait.

I did have a question that someone more in the know might be privy too. Since Great Movie Ride was brought up a lot in my interview, Its got me thinking. I know that its not an indication of what I'll get if accepted, as I could get anything I checked, but in the ride you have the famous switch-er-roo with the guide and the gangster/cowboy or girl. Do those characters come from the ride's CM Staff like regular guides, or are they cast separately? I've always wondered, and was curious if I should start brushing up on my "yous guys" accent ;)

So I had my phone interview earlier and I thought it went pretty well. My interview was named Emily however the whole time she seemed bland and just said ok and went to the next question. But when I asked if she ever did DCP she kind of perked up more. Do you think that's just her style of interviewing or was I totally boring her? Lol

I did have a question that someone more in the know might be privy too. Since Great Movie Ride was brought up a lot in my interview, Its got me thinking. I know that its not an indication of what I'll get if accepted, as I could get anything I checked, but in the ride you have the famous switch-er-roo with the guide and the gangster/cowboy or girl. Do those characters come from the ride's CM Staff like regular guides, or are they cast separately? I've always wondered, and was curious if I should start brushing up on my "yous guys" accent ;)

I mentioned it on here before but one of my good friends worked as a tourguide at the movie ride for her DCP and she actually explained this to me when I came to visit her during her program. The movie ride works on a tiered level system, the tour guides are typically the DCP people and people who haven't trained in the other categories, then the next level are gansters and those people also typically train the new tour guides as well, and then the highest level that I know about is cowboy. If you are trained in cowboy I think that means you culd also do tour guide and ganster and people trained in ganster could also do movie ride. So unfortunately I think you have to work your way up to the gangster role but it is possible. My friend had trainers and friends she made during the program that got promoted to those roles after their CP was done. Hopefully this helps.

Thanks! I feel really confident about it! Good luck on yours! Just smile, know why you want to do the program, and know the roles!

I do not have a specific attraction in mind. Maybe Space Mountain or Mission Space!

Thank You for the 'good luck' and advise! I have been thinking off this interview since last Sat (when I set it up). I am nervous yet excited it it almost here!:goofy:

Space is a good attraction, I also like Splash Mt. All the mountain attractions are fun (Splash, Space and Big Thunder).

Thank You! This was really a nice post!
Glad we can all support each other!:hmghost::mickeyjum:simba::maleficen:stitch::figment::earsboy:

You guys should all add me on Facebook! facebook.com/allen.richardson.7399
I look forward to meeting all of you!

Finished my phone interview! Now I enter the period of 2-3 of waiting! UGH THE TORTURE.

It went well I think for the most part, so I'm going to keep a positive attitude!

Best of luck to everyone applying, already applied, or will apply! :hug:

I'm in that period now and I am freaking out!!!!!!!!

I am also in the waiting period. Ugh 2-3 weeks is so long. 3 days down, up to 18 to go. Lol

Just finished my phone interview! NOW the waiting game! I am new to this board so I would like to wish all applicants good luck!!!!!!!

Hopefully we can all meet in the Fall!!!!!

pixiedust:

I opened my email on my ipad and it displayed the "thank you for interviewing" email but for a split second i thought it said "thank you for your interest" and i was like NOOOOOOOOO

this waiting is driving me insane!

I opened my email on my ipad and it displayed the "thank you for interviewing" email but for a split second i thought it said "thank you for your interest" and i was like NOOOOOOOOO

this waiting is driving me insane!

I feel you, this game is ridiculous. It's been exactly a week since I interviewed now and I'm so ready for a response!

I feel you, this game is ridiculous. It's been exactly a week since I interviewed now and I'm so ready for a response!

it's only been two days for me and i feel like i NEED to know or im gonna bust!!

Hey guys!! I'm really glad I found this thread - like some of you have mentioned, I found the Facebook group disheartening, to say the least.

Anyways, my name is Caroline! :wave2: It's nice to meet you all. I have my phone interview on Wednesday morning, so if any of you have any tips to share, I'd love to hear them!! :]

Hi I'm Sam and I had my phone interview a week ago......the wait is real. But can someone please tell me what people are doing on the fb group that's mean? I didn't join the group yet but now I don't even know if I want to....

A lot of it comes when people ask the same question over and over again, like when are acceptances coming out, has anyone been accepted yet, etc. We're just all excited and some don't do well with a bunch of people asking the same question, so they reply kind of hastily. Though there are a bunch of nice people on there I have conversations with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter