DCP Fall 2014

I just had my phone interview with Maria, and I really have no idea how it went, I'm not a good judge of that.
But, I did want to let you all know some of the questions I was asked so it might help you!
Are you aware and receptive to the Disney look?
What would you do if a task was repetitive to keep your interest?
Are you comfortable working outdoors?
If there was a lull at your designated spot what would you do? ** Hadn't heard this one before
If a restaurant was running behind and a party had been waiting for 30 minutes and approached the podium, what would you say to them? **Or this one actually
How would you stay calm in an emergency?

These are just the ones I scribbled something down for. Hope they help someone! My top 3 roles were hospitality, attractions, and full service food and beverage.
Good luck everyone!

cookieswithangel-I actually had the same interviewer! Some of our positions look similar. I also had some of the same questions including the emergency and repetitive task..as well as the lull question. Not sure what role she is directing that to..I hope that we both did well! Sending pixie dust your way and hoping we will find out soon enough :thumbsup2

cookieswithangel-I actually had the same interviewer! Some of our positions look similar. I also had some of the same questions including the emergency and repetitive task..as well as the lull question. Not sure what role she is directing that to..I hope that we both did well! Sending pixie dust your way and hoping we will find out soon enough :thumbsup2

I had those too, the emergency and repetitive ones! She must not mix it up too much. I wish you the best of luck! I still haven't gotten the email you supposedly get after the interview, so I'm trying to patiently wait!

Hey guys!!
So, I just wanted to share this with you.
I'm in a DCP F/FA 14 facebook group, and it's been really nice. Everyone's really supportive, but not as well-researched as we are on here. Anyway!
Someone posted really recently today, and said that her after her interview today her interviewer, instead of saying "you'll hear back in 2-3 weeks" said, "You'll hear back significantly soon" and told her to check her dashboard frequently!
I'm hoping this means we'll start to see the first wave of acceptances on Valentine's Day! How awesome is that?
Good luck to you all! :Dpixiedust:

What roles did you apply for? I see you are a fellow east coaster!::wave2: Also do you have the link to the fb group?

I had those too, the emergency and repetitive ones! She must not mix it up too much. I wish you the best of luck! I still haven't gotten the email you supposedly get after the interview, so I'm trying to patiently wait!

Don't worry about it. I had my interview in the evening but did not hear back until after midnight with the thank you for interviewing email. It seems as if they are sending out emails in waves around midnight-guess it's the magic hour!

If it makes you feel better I didn't get that email until 2 days after my interview. Which roles are you applying for?

I applied for attractions, character attendant and photopass! :) Yay! Yes. Here's the link. Look for me in the group, I'm pretty active. My name is Tylor Richardson.

Thank you so much! I hope you don't mind,I messaged you on FB. I can't do it on here still since my post count isn't up high enough yet.

Have a great night!

If it makes you feel better I didn't get that email until 2 days after my interview. Which roles are you applying for?

I applied to a lot of them, I think the only 2 I didn't express interest in were housekeeping and custodial but my top 3 are hospitality, attractions, and full service food and beverage.

I wish you luck as well! :thumbsup2 my top choices are:
1. Merchandise
2. Attractions
3. Quick Service Food & Beverage

I have had experience in both merchandise and quick service! I chose attractions because that would be the best job (in my opinion!) My absolute dream would be to work on the great movie ride in Hollywood studios! Have you ever done the program before??

One of my good friends did the Spring 2013 program and she was a great movie ride person and LOVED it!

Hi everyone my name is Jenny and I just applied for the Fall 2014 program. I ranked 6 roles high interest on my applications but my top 3 roles are Marchandise, Photopass and Concierge! I have experience in roles that are like the merchandise role and I really want to be able to pin trade so those are my main reasons why that is my top role. Although I would be happy with any role other than quick service, transportation or Custodial.

4:30 am? Sleeping is definitely going to be tough! Mine's at 10:45 on Friday. I honestly could do QSFB and still probably be pretty happy. As long as I'm in Florida, working for the parks and interacting with guests! All your experience with photography probably should help you out! I think PhotoPass would be a fun position! Well, apart from all the heat. Did you apply Advantage or just Fall?

Hope your interview went good today!:simba::goofy::ccat:

Hi everyone my name is Jenny and I just applied for the Fall 2014 program. I ranked 6 roles high interest on my applications but my top 3 roles are Marchandise, Photopass and Concierge! I have experience in roles that are like the merchandise role and I really want to be able to pin trade so those are my main reasons why that is my top role. Although I would be happy with any role other than quick service, transportation or Custodial.

Hello Jenny!
:welcome:

I always thought pin trading would be fun too!pluto:

One of my good friends did the Spring 2013 program and she was a great movie ride person and LOVED it!

This was one of my main "mentions" to the interviewer. I've tour guided before, so she seemed to think that or Jungle Cruise would be a good fit for me.

I'd love it if that came true.

I just finished my phone interview!!! My interviewer was Kristy, and the whole thing only took 15 minutes. She also called right at 6:30 which i was really grateful for because it really helped my nerves

Hi everyone! My name is Allen, I'm 19, a business major, and I applied for fall advantage! I finished up my phone interview last night and she made me feel so comfortable and really relaxed my nerves. I felt like I was just talking with someone who really loved Disney too! My top roles are;
1. Merchandise (cause I have the most experience with it)
2. Attractions
3. Concierge

I really hope to hear from you all! I am of course looking for friends and a roommate would be nice as well!

pixiedust:

Hi everyone! My name is Allen, I'm 19, a business major, and I applied for fall advantage! I finished up my phone interview last night and she made me feel so comfortable and really relaxed my nerves. I felt like I was just talking with someone who really loved Disney too! My top roles are;
2. Attractions
3. Concierge

I really hope to hear from you all! I am of course looking for friends and a roommate would be nice as well!

pixiedust:

2. Attractions
3. Concierge

pixiedust:

Hello Allen!
Welcome!

I hope you did well on your interview, mine is tomorrow morning!:mickeyjum
All of your choices sound fun! Do you have a favorite attraction you would like to work?:hmghost::maleficen:simba::stitch::dumbo:
I love all Disney attractions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter