DCL website shows the wish is cancelled 9/30

Disneygirlxo91

Mouseketeer

Weather Updates & Information​

• Tropical Weather Update​

As of September 27, at 9:30 PM
    We have been closely monitoring Hurricane Ian with the safety and well-being of our Guests and Crew Members always top of mind. Due to the weather conditions most recently forecasted for Port Canaveral and Central Florida and the impact that it might have on port operations, the September 30, 2022, sailing of the Disney Wish has been cancelled.

So sorry for all those affected whether travel plans or storm impacts. It’s hard to have plans changed by forces outside your control.

I hate to say it but I am really curious how they will manage the logistics on the Wish. I imagine they have extra food onboard but where the Wish does only short cruises what will they do for dinner menus, will they have supplies for the normal stuff or have to get creative?

In case folks are curious, those who kept their bookings on this cruise got a full refund and 20% off a future cruise. Not me, because I rescheduled it before they cancelled the cruise, after I couldn't take the waiting any more and it was obvious there was no possible way my family could safely travel from St. Louis to Florida in time for the cruise. But I don't mind the slightest that I am not eligible for the discount because honestly I just got to the point where I couldn't handle the stress any more.

Quite a few people in our cruise group flew or drove down today to get ahead of the storm based on DCL communicating that the cruise would go ahead as planned with a slightly delayed embarkation on Friday. Some of those people are now stuck, with their hotel rooms getting cancelled and no way to get home. I am normally a pretty big cheerleader for Disney, but I think DCL handled this really poorly from a communications perspective.

In case folks are curious, those who kept their bookings on this cruise got a full refund and 20% off a future cruise. Not me, because I rescheduled it before they cancelled the cruise, after I couldn't take the waiting any more and it was obvious there was no possible way my family could safely travel from St. Louis to Florida in time for the cruise. But I don't mind the slightest that I am not eligible for the discount because honestly I just got to the point where I couldn't handle the stress any more.

Quite a few people in our cruise group flew or drove down today to get ahead of the storm based on DCL communicating that the cruise would go ahead as planned with a slightly delayed embarkation on Friday. Some of those people are now stuck, with their hotel rooms getting cancelled and no way to get home. I am normally a pretty big cheerleader for Disney, but I think DCL handled this really poorly from a communications perspective.
Unreal. Just unreal. They were holding out for that almighty dollar as long as they could.

I hate to say it but I am really curious how they will manage the logistics on the Wish. I imagine they have extra food onboard but where the Wish does only short cruises what will

Yes, Disney should have acted sooner but I can't wrap my head around traveling down there and taking the risk that this (stuck, room issues, can't get home) could happen. I am sorry for anyone in the position.

Could someone who is on the Wish please post an update (when given) regarding expected arrival time at Port Canaveral? My messages aren’t going through to my older family members aboard, and I’m trying to re-arrange their return travel plans!

Supposedly they carry several days extra food just in case.
When our 2020 WBPC turned into all sea days, there was still plenty to eat. What started disappearing was the fresh produce. By the last day, there was no lettuce. The Wish will only have to worry about an extra day or two, so I doubt the passengers will notice any difference.

I did the same, moved everything to January yesterday afternoon. Cost a bit more between differences in cruise and airfare, but the peace of mind is worth the difference.

Unreal. Just unreal. They were holding out for that almighty dollar as long as they could.
If you lived in Florida, (as I do and I'm currently writing from Orlando) you would know that the storm track keeps getting adjusted and Canaveral was previously not in the cone but is now going to take a pretty significant hit.

This has changed dramatically over the last several days. They are making the best possible decisions with the information they are given as the storm changes path.

Sorry about your vacation, but there is far more in play here than "holding on for a dollar"

Does anyone know how long it takes for refunds? I would have preferred to just transfer the funds to a new cruise but they didn’t give me that option. They said a refund will be issued and to call after 10/5 to book a new cruise. More stress.

If you lived in Florida, (as I do and I'm currently writing from Orlando) you would know that the storm track keeps getting adjusted and Canaveral was previously not in the cone but is now going to take a pretty significant hit.

This has changed dramatically over the last several days. They are making the best possible decisions with the information they are given as the storm changes path.

Sorry about your vacation, but there is far more in play here than "holding on for a dollar"
Yeah, the storm was supposed to go farther north. Several cruise lines out of Port Canaveral canceled about the same time Disney did. Guessing it was when Port authorities updated the Port status for Friday basically indicating no ships would probably be docking Friday. Considering how big this hurricane is, and that the center of the storm won't pass over Daytona Beach until estimated Thursday afternoon, Port Canaveral is still going to feel the effects well into Friday.

Yes, Disney should have acted sooner but I can't wrap my head around traveling down there and taking the risk that this (stuck, room issues, can't get home) could happen. I am sorry for anyone in the position.

Why? The paths change by the hour and far out are so hard to know what will happen. It happens all the time that the hurricane takes a turn and changes everything. As long as there is flexible cancel for those that want it leading up what they did was fine.

I'm glad our Wish cruise was last week, the stress of worrying about Fiona was bad enough, can't imagine dealing with Ian. I booked our next cruise for the end of October 2023, September is too crazy.

Why? The paths change by the hour and far out are so hard to know what will happen. It happens all the time that the hurricane takes a turn and changes everything. As long as there is flexible cancel for those that want it leading up what they did was fine.
I The ship was not going to arrive for embarking on Friday….Although Bahamas seem fine

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter