DCL website shows the wish is cancelled 9/30

Supposedly they carry several days extra food just in case.
Wonder if they choose a menu when they buy food according to what is available. Wow that’s badly worded. Ugh.

Like maybe they can get lobster because they don’t expect to sell it to local restaurants because of the storm!

Wonder if they choose a menu when they buy food according to what is available. Wow that’s badly worded. Ugh.

Like maybe they can get lobster because they don’t expect to sell it to local restaurants because of the storm!
Not sure they are loading more food on board, but instead using what they have on board. Not sure any of the ports they are within reach of right now are open, and that any businesses in those ports are open because of the hurricane.

I was kinda thinking they got those supplies a little earlier. They knew about the storm a week in advance. Someone must of had a rainy day plan in place. They must consider that they could be out a sea a few days. Ports could have to repair damage, they could be backlogged with the prior ships now trying to port.
I know you know a great deal about Disney. I was just thinking out loud. You have sailed far more often than I and you have great contacts. I’m an altruist. I want to believe that all the unfortunate things came out with a happy ending. I think I believe a little more in pixie dust than I should. Lol

In case folks are curious, those who kept their bookings on this cruise got a full refund and 20% off a future cruise. Not me, because I rescheduled it before they cancelled the cruise, after I couldn't take the waiting any more and it was obvious there was no possible way my family could safely travel from St. Louis to Florida in time for the cruise. But I don't mind the slightest that I am not eligible for the discount because honestly I just got to the point where I couldn't handle the stress any more.

Quite a few people in our cruise group flew or drove down today to get ahead of the storm based on DCL communicating that the cruise would go ahead as planned with a slightly delayed embarkation on Friday. Some of those people are now stuck, with their hotel rooms getting cancelled and no way to get home. I am normally a pretty big cheerleader for Disney, but I think DCL handled this really poorly from a communications perspective.
Well, update on this. Happy to say I called Disney and asked if they would give us the 20% off my rebooked cruise like the folks who waited a bit longer and got their cruise cancelled, and they did.

I still think the lack of communication wasn't the greatest--we spent several stressful days putting time and energy into adjusting travel plans trying to make it work before we finally gave up and rebooked--but I've now been fairly compensated so I won't complain on my behalf. Still feel bad for the others who had it even worse than I did though--especially the ones who went all the way to Florida. For them I don't know that 20% is really enough to make it up to them, and hope they all did okay these past couple days and get home safely.

Anyhow, just wanted to say I am mostly back in the "Disney does generally try to do right by its customers" camp now.

I was told a long time ago they are required to carry food to cover the cruise length double - so if 7 day cruise - they have at least 14 days of food - may not be everything you would want but you won’t go hungry

So sorry for all those affected whether travel plans or storm impacts. It’s hard to have plans changed by forces outside your control.

I hate to say it but I am really curious how they will manage the logistics on the Wish. I imagine they have extra food onboard but where the Wish does only short cruises what will they do for dinner menus, will they have supplies for the normal stuff or have to get creative?
I can’t speak for the Wish. It we were on the Wonder Panama Canal that ended up with 3 extra days at sea
I read once that they keep up to 2 weeks of food supply onboard. How accurate that is... I'm sure they have plenty to get through a couple of extra days added to a 4-night cruise.

I think it’s accurate in the sense that people aren’t going to starve but if the WBPC in 2020 that missed port stops is anything to go by they will start to run out of things. By the end there were no mini corn dogs for example. No one went hungry though.

Well, update on this. Happy to say I called Disney and asked if they would give us the 20% off my rebooked cruise like the folks who waited a bit longer and got their cruise cancelled, and they did.

I still think the lack of communication wasn't the greatest--we spent several stressful days putting time and energy into adjusting travel plans trying to make it work before we finally gave up and rebooked--but I've now been fairly compensated so I won't complain on my behalf. Still feel bad for the others who had it even worse than I did though--especially the ones who went all the way to Florida. For them I don't know that 20% is really enough to make it up to them, and hope they all did okay these past couple days and get home safely.

Anyhow, just wanted to say I am mostly back in the "Disney does generally try to do right by its customers" camp now.
Sounds like I need to call back as I was denied.

Sounds like I need to call back as I was denied.
Yes, she said she would add me to “the list” of people getting the discount because they rescheduled before the cancellation so it sounded like it was not just me. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter