DCL stopping Airport check-in after 13 Dec!

In terms of the possible lack of security issue mentioned early in the thread. We just did airport check-in last week and the process went like this...

At 8:30 Those waiting to check in went up in family groups to a check-in cast member behind a desk just like at the terminal. Passports and documents are shown. The cast member verifies photos are on file, (we were all returning cruisers) they present KTTW cards and lanyards, health questionaires are completed, they staple a card for the first bus (Mickey) to the document book. Your document book has a barcode that they scan to verify your name and that you purchased transfers so even if you do online check-in you will need your document book that they send in the mail.

At 9:20 They call those with cards for the Mickey bus to line up. Everyone lines up and a cast member proceeds to check passports again and scans the barcode in the document again, matching up person with documents, that cast member also hands out Boarding Group Cards, everyone on the first bus got Boarding Group 2.

At 9:30 We proceed to board the bus and they scan the barcode in the docs again to link us to the bus and confirm again that we paid for transfers.

At 10:30 We arrive at the port, go through security and proceed upstairs to wait in the terminal. No further checks of documents were done at the terminal.

So there are additional checks done at the airport after check-in to ensure the person checked in is the same person boarding the bus.

This was our first time using DCL transfers and airport check in and it was great. Hopefully they will not discontinue this.

Hi-thanks for the great info. Do you recall if the bus was handicapped accessible (Did it have a lift on it?)? Thanks!

What if I (gasp) don't want to be there at 8:30 to check in? Does the line get long? If I'm ok with arriving downstairs to check in at airport at 9:00 will we still get to port at decent time?

as i am another canadian, this would not matter to us in the least. if it does happen and it effects anyone i am sorry. i will say its not that big a deal to have to do the check in at the port. we just get our bus pass, get on the bus and do the line up at the port instead of at the airport. from watching both lines, theres not much of a difference in time. you have to do it here or there. if your sitting at the port anyways why not check in there?
what i'm trying to say is don't let this bother you if it does happen, your still going to be on the happiest ship in the world in time for lunch. :)

Maybe they are going to do a mobile Check in... Making it even more convenient!

neg58 said:
But then you are released into the world again. Person A could check in with the correct documentation, and Person B could get on the bus and thus the cruise.

Once you give someone the KTTW card, they could hand it to another. Now, anyone with an ID can get into the terminal and the switch could happen there, but at least that is all monitored.

Nancy

But giving someone else your KTTW would also require them to look like you as well. They check whether or not you match your picture in the computer when you board. It's the same as getting off in port and then reboarding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter