DCL Make a decision please!

Going to Alaska on NCL Encore August 7, out of Seattle. Saved some money and we don’t have to deal with customs in Canada. We’ve never sailed anything but Disney. fingers crossed!

Going to Alaska on NCL Encore August 7, out of Seattle. Saved some money and we don’t have to deal with customs in Canada. We’ve never sailed anything but Disney. fingers crossed!

This is our first time not on Disney too....I hope your trip is fabulous!

Completely agree. I had removed this sailing from my budget, but then the whole Seattle thing popped up so I had to start planning again. I don't think there's any way the MX cruises happen. I'm just curious why ONLY the 7N cruise was removed (after 9/19)
The 7 night MX Riviera cruise was pulled from the website over a week before the announcement. Hard to see how it would be tied to the cancellations. There were very few rooms left, so they may have pulled it to fix the occupancy and not let it increase.

I am booked on the 7-nighter to Mexico, and I agree with a lot of the thoughts here that it’s unlikely that DCL sends the Wonder through the canal for the San Diego sailings. But, the cancellation dates are odd.

They could’ve just cancelled Alaska, or the whole West Coast set of itineraries for 2021. Why only Alaska + 2 Baja cruises?

Looking at the restart dates, it’s possible that a mid-August test sail on the Wonder allows a late September restart, but again, would they do the test out of San Diego? The dates just seem funny.

I am booked on the 7-nighter to Mexico, and I agree with a lot of the thoughts here that it’s unlikely that DCL sends the Wonder through the canal for the San Diego sailings. But, the cancellation dates are odd.

They could’ve just cancelled Alaska, or the whole West Coast set of itineraries for 2021. Why only Alaska + 2 Baja cruises?

Looking at the restart dates, it’s possible that a mid-August test sail on the Wonder allows a late September restart, but again, would they do the test out of San Diego? The dates just seem funny.
It is very odd. One things for certain though that Alaska season for the Wonder is well and truly dead for 2021 because she has been removed from the CLIA Alaska schedule now for 2021. I suppose it's possible they send her back through the canal to do a test cruise and start up with Baja but honestly, seems quite unlikely.....

The 7 night MX Riviera cruise was pulled from the website over a week before the announcement. Hard to see how it would be tied to the cancellations. There were very few rooms left, so they may have pulled it to fix the occupancy and not let it increase.

Thanks for the information.

I am actually able to get to the cruise using this link. So I think you are correct. When you try to book any size party it tells you no staterooms are available. So, perhaps all hope is not lost. 😊

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/...ing;destination=dcl/?CMP=DisneyCruiseLineBlog

Oh you will love NCL.... so much fun. I did Alaska on NCL Bliss in June 2018 3 weeks after it's maiden voyage. Encore is it's sister ship. I am on that in January rescheduled multiple times since March 2020. Make sure you reserve everything you can online. Their Dining room and Buffet are fantastic and Speciality restaurants even better. The Beatles are amazing and we saw them 4 times.

Hope you love it! The large NCL ships are a blast.

Waiting and hoping for some info. Getting tire of booking trips that don’t happen. I’ve had 8 cruises canceled or moved. I keep ending up with room reservations that I have to decide to keep or cancel, but with DVC it gets tricky when ending up with banked points from 2020. My next booked cruise is February 26th, 7 night.

That is crazy. We are 57 days out, can’t imagine being in your shoes.
I know......We don't sail until November, but I keep thinking the clock is ticking. I feel for everyone as we are up next to wonder if this doesn't get going.

Am I wrong in thinking the Dream does have their crew on board as they supposed to do the test sailing last week?

I would think if they can't get crew on the Dream they would have canceled the august sailings by now.
I am wondering if a ship needs a full crew for a test sailing. I couldn't find any language about that on the CDC site. I wonder if the plan was to do a test with a smaller crew for vital functions, but not necessarily 100% of the bar or entertainment staff?

I am wondering if a ship needs a full crew for a test sailing. I couldn't find any language about that on the CDC site. I wonder if the plan was to do a test with a smaller crew for vital functions, but not necessarily 100% of the bar or entertainment staff?
They do have to put on bar and entertainment as they would for a full sailing, so that staff would need to be on board. Just standing rando crew up and saying "this is entertainment" wouldn't comply as I read it, as the procedure includes how entertainment interacts with passengers.

They could test sail with a partial crew, but bringing additional crew on then invokes additional process for red/green crew status, and if you fall to Red crew status after a test sail they will revoke your certificate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter